• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

70 mile to Kamloops

Fast Eddy

Hey all - I'm from Maple Ridge

My buddy and I were thinking of riding from 7o mile down to Kamloops via: the Deadman-Vindetta roadway. Can anybody tell me road and or snow conditions this time of year. Would we be able to make it on our dual sports? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Eddy

prime

I agree with Bora, i haven't been up that way lately but would be very surprised if there isn't too much snow up top still. Tranquille river has not risen much yet.

cariboo cory

hi there eddy this cariboo cory from 108 mile, the roads have been clear for weeks now and only the shady parts of some of the f.s. roads&trails have some snow as long as you stay 4000"
and below in elevation. The hills in kamloops all the way to the top are clear of snow. cory out...

Fast Eddy

hi there eddy this cariboo cory from 108 mile, the roads have been clear for weeks now and only the shady parts of some of the f.s. roads&trails have some snow as long as you stay 4000"
and below in elevation. The hills in kamloops all the way to the top are clear of snow. cory out...
Hey thanks man - appreciate it. Might just make the trip then. Thanks again for the heads up Cory.

Bora20

Administrator
Negative ghost rider, the hills of Kamloops still have snow on the tops. Greenstone Mtn still has snow as does everything else up high.

Even north of Kamloops Lake has snow once you get into the trees up higher. You might make it now, but I would wait a few more weeks.

I just returned from Sheridan lake on Monday and there was still a fair amount of snow on the untravelled FSRs. Fun to play on if you are only going a couple of kms, however if you plan on a 100+km trip you may find yourself stuck in some of the shady areas that do not see much sun.
I made the run last summer from Sheridan down to Cache Creek and ran into a little trouble going from the 3300 FSR to the Deadman-Vidette Road. The trails showing a connection (in the back roads Map book) were closed with locked gates. I did manage to find an alternate route following some logging roads however I was mixed up for 2 hours going down dead ends.

Fast Eddy

I just returned from Sheridan lake on Monday and there was still a fair amount of snow on the untravelled FSRs. Fun to play on if you are only going a couple of kms, however if you plan on a 100+km trip you may find yourself stuck in some of the shady areas that do not see much sun.
I made the run last summer from Sheridan down to Cache Creek and ran into a little trouble going from the 3300 FSR to the Deadman-Vidette Road. The trails showing a connection (in the back roads Map book) were closed with locked gates. I did manage to find an alternate route following some logging roads however I was mixed up for 2 hours going down dead ends.
Hey thanks Caribooster. That sounds more reasonable. My buddy was looking at a web cam up that way and said there is still quite a bit of snow about. We have decided to hold off a bit to due snow snow snow ahh. We also have been looking at the BRMB and Google. I dont recall seeing any gates either. Just a maze of roads in that area. We both have gps' so hopefully we wont stumble around too much. Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear its possible.

Eddy

motoged

Hey all - I'm from Maple Ridge. My buddy and I were thinking of riding from 7o mile down to Kamloops via: the Deadman-Vindetta roadway. Can anybody tell me road and or snow conditions this time of year. Would we be able to make it on our dual sports? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Eddy

FE,
The only way to get to the Deadman Creek/Vidette road from north is from Loon Lake and connecting thru on the Hihum Lake road or Brigade Creek FSR. If no snow , it will likely be mucky around Hihum.

To come down into Vidette Lodge, you will have to go through the "Centre of the Universe " area by Deadman Falls via a hard-to-find double track coming south off of Clinton Upper Loon Lake FSR (#3300)....Probably snow there...

Cariboo_kid

FE,
The only way to get to the Deadman Creek/Vidette road from north is from Loon Lake and connecting thru on the Hihum Lake road or Brigade Creek FSR. If no snow , it will likely be mucky around Hihum.

To come down into Vidette Lodge, you will have to go through the "Centre of the Universe " area by Deadman Falls via a hard-to-find double track coming south off of Clinton Upper Loon Lake FSR (#3300)....Probably snow there...

That's good information. I'm planning a trip through the Deadman-Vidette July 8 so roads should be bare and dry by then.

3rdeng

Hey Motoged,
I think a guy can connect to the Deadman Vidette rd by going down thru Fatox Lake FSR. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you could leave from Bridge Lake turnoff off of Hwy 24 and follow 3100 (?) rd south down past Eagan (sp) Lake and hook up with the Fatox rd which then tee's at Deadman Vidette. This junction would allow you to go south thru the Deadman valley or south out the Criss creek rd to Lac de Bois area above the city of Kamloops. I recently used Fatox Lk rd to access Loon Lk rd and it was a good rd but could be snarly in the wet.Sorry to be vauge but I am floating around on Hecate Strait and I don't have my mapbooks with me. My son and I are trying this route out on Sept 10, 11 weekend and if it works I will post back here.
3rdeng

carbonarc

Bring a fishing rod and a frying pan. Very good fishing at the north end of Snohoosh lake in the stream . Several FSR campsites. The road will be fine this time of year.

3rdeng,

You are correct on you directions. I was up there in August and refined some of my wrong turns from last year.
The turn off from FSR 3300 to Fatox can be found at the 33-58 mileage junction. Head south down Fatox about 1.5 km and you will approach a sandy fork in the road, stay to the left (SE) and this will keep you on Fatox. Proceed for a few KM and you will decend across a small bridge, continue a few km farther and you will come to another fork in the road, stay to the right (SW). At this point you will be leaving Fatox and will be travelling on a short section (~ 500m) where you will decend down to a good road. This is the Deadman-Vidette road, turn right and follow this road in a southerly direction. Once you are on this road and you have travellled 10 -20 km you can head west to Cache Creek or east toward Kamloops depending on which roads you intersect.
Let us know how you make out.
Brad.

numbutt

If you spot a size 13 Teva sandal on the 3700 Rd (I think ?)can you please let me know?
I'll be super impressed if someone finds it's mate up around Cassiar somewhere!

Fast Eddy

3rdeng,

You are correct on you directions. I was up there in August and refined some of my wrong turns from last year.
The turn off from FSR 3300 to Fatox can be found at the 33-58 mileage junction. Head south down Fatox about 1.5 km and you will approach a sandy fork in the road, stay to the left (SE) and this will keep you on Fatox. Proceed for a few KM and you will decend across a small bridge, continue a few km farther and you will come to another fork in the road, stay to the right (SW). At this point you will be leaving Fatox and will be travelling on a short section (~ 500m) where you will decend down to a good road. This is the Deadman-Vidette road, turn right and follow this road in a southerly direction. Once you are on this road and you have travellled 10 -20 km you can head west to Cache Creek or east toward Kamloops depending on which roads you intersect.
Let us know how you make out.
Brad.

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips and advice. Looks like we wont be able to make it till the spring of 2012. I know your information wil come in helpful as the road network is pretty confusing in that area. Thanks again

Eddy