About the A loop...

DirtClunker

Howdy guys, again I find myself only with my non-street legal (but registered) bike. Last year I was able to park up top the highway and then start in from there. I ditched food, gas and water at the halfway point and all worked out well.Would I be able to do the same this year?thanks!

Bora20

Administrator
Potentially. We will have to check with our insurance provider this year. If you pay and take care of all the extras you will need to do, this may be possible but the risk is all on you.

Viper

Hi im gonna be coming up from Vancouver solo to do this ride. Im looking for a group that i can join up with? Im on a Sherco 300 sefr and im thinking of doing either the A or B loop. Im not to worried about not being able to handle the A loop just gonna be more concerned fitness wise if ill be to fatigued to do the whole loop...Is there any local guys in Kamloops i can meetup with to see what ill be expecting on the A loop? Or i can help out with some trail clearing for the A B loop.

Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
We always get solo riders to join up at the riders meeting. The routes also have lots of outs to get you back to camp if you are tired.You will be expecting lots of single track, logs across the trail, steep up and downhills on the A loop. The B loop is easier than the A loop. There are times when they are the same route and once we send out the routes, take a look at them both and branch off. You will know in the first 3 km if the A loop isn't for you.

DirtClunker

That was one of the easier ones. The "best" one, IMHO was after Monte creek in the afternoon. After all the fun six mile creek stuff, there was a turn off for the A riders. An awesome steep roller coaster and a real ass pucker downhill at the end. My shorts cleanup up nicely in the Thomson after I got back. :)