Annual DSBC Spring Newbie Ride April 30, 2017 DETAILS.

JavaJude

Super Moderator
Info to know about the Newbie Ride

The A/B Hard route is being arrowed this coming weekend. If you want a sneak peak at the route check out the Pre-Ride thread and join the fun.

The EZ Adventure C route is complete and the GPS tracks and route sheet will be available for download next week. You have to have either a GPS or roll chart holder to complete this route. If you do not have a GPS or roll chart then team up with someone who does. No one should ride this route on their own. It covers a huge area of off-road and pavement. If you do not have someone to ride with, come to the event early and we'll put you in a group.

Coffee and muffins will be available in the morning (please make a donation to help us cover the costs).

Once the ride is complete please join us for a BBQ at the Staging Area and tell us about your ride.

This ride is FREE for DualSportBC members. If you don't have your 2017 DSBC membership you will be able to purchase it before the ride for $25. Please bring cash. For non-DSBC members we are asking for a $20 donation for Chilliwack Search and Rescue. These are the people who will come and rescue you if things go horribly array. There will be a donation container for anyone else who wants to make a donation to Chilliwack Search and Rescue.

BCORMA Trail Passes will also be available for purchase for $45. If you purchase a Trail Pass and a DSBC Membership the combo price is $65.

Also available for purchase will be DSBC toques and baseball caps.

nakedjordan

Super stoked for this weekend! I will be out with the 500exc and my buddy is joining me with his te300. My bike is plated for the road and his is sticker plated for offroad. Are the A/B routs just trail or do they require a road plate at any point? Thanks and see you guys Sunday!**EDIT**Also, what is supposed to happen after you pay for the membership online? haha

Last edited:

JavaJude

Super Moderator
Super stoked for this weekend! I will be out with the 500exc and my buddy is joining me with his te300. My bike is plated for the road and his is sticker plated for offroad. Are the A/B routs just trail or do they require a road plate at any point? Thanks and see you guys Sunday!**EDIT**Also, what is supposed to happen after you pay for the membership online? haha
Once you make the fantastic decision to support DSBC and become a member and sign up on-line, your info comes to me and I add you to the membership roster. I then mail you your DSBC swag. Thank you everyone who has signed up so far. The DSBC Spring Newbie Ride is free for members. If you don't have your membership you can purchase it from me at the Spring Newbie Ride. Come early as we will have coffee and muffins. You will also be able to purchase a BCORMA Trail Pass as well as DSBC baseball caps and toques. JJ

Farp

Still raining, is this a factor? Have I been spending too much time around Street only riders?

Nope, rain is not a factor for this ride - unless an individual wants to make it so but the rest of us will be there. As I write this it's 6:20AM and there is barely a cloud in the sky and looking at the weather map it's gonna stay that way. Gonna be a great day and another fantastic Newbie ride. WHOOHOOOOO..........

John

Bora20

Administrator
Great ride today �� thanks to all that put countless hours in to make it a success!

offworlder

Who knew that joy came in the form of greasy, rutted, rooty slippery goo-ness ? Aside from my tire choosing to dismount the rim repeatedly, twas sporting !
Thanks to the crew who worked so hard to make this happen for all of us - you know who you are, but not all of us do, so take a bow ! :clap:

spiritwolf15x

I had a blast. Met new friends and got the bike dirtier than it's ever been. Popped my front tube shortly after the U-turn and had to ride about 20km on a flat front, wasn't fun. Two fellow DSBC riders saw me on the side of the road, stopped and helped me get a replacement tube in. Was a great day.

twisted-hog

Had lots of fun. Thanks to all the Forest Fairies for all the trail prep.Note to self, next year leave in an earlier wave before the trails turn into mud bogs :)Now let's see some pictures? Maybe someones got one of me going over the handlebars on that downhill trail.