• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

August 1 - 4 Wells BC, Art, Music, Motorbikes

jimi2crank

My brother and I grew up in Wells BC and organized a little trip up there last summer for the Arts & Music Festival ( http://www.artswells.com/ ) and to ride some of the 100's of kms of trail. We are doing it again this year and just throwing it out there for anybody who would like to join us. We now live in Vancouver and Chilliwack and will be trucking the bikes up to Wells July 31st. The days are usually filled with riding and the evenings taking in the Music festival and a few wobbly pops. The views are amazing the rides are epic and the people are friendly. Ride 1 is more of a beginner/intermediate ride down some active and inactive mining roads and trails from Wells to Bowron Lake rd and out to Bowron Lake and back a big bike with an intermediate rider could do this one. Day 2 the "showcase" ride up to prosper pine, over to groundhog lake and out to stanley is usually on day 2 and is mainly for sub 350lb bikes so generally 650cc and under, intermediate to experienced riders. There are plenty of active and inactive logging & mining roads that could take big adventure bikes deep in to the caribou mountains as well if that's what you are looking for. Day 3 is open, usually spent either taking in the festival or just out exploring.

This isn't a big official event where you show up and are pampered and everything is taken care of for you. We'll ride with you, be a friend to you, drink with you, show you around but you are taking care of yourself. As in feed yourself and accommodate yourself. Our family owns a lodge in Wells and we can provide a few spots for a tent or camper. The day 1 ride requires a plated bike but day 2 doesn't. If you don't want to ride with us on one of the rides there are literally options all around Wells to accommodate any kind of ride you are looking for. Lots of snowmobile trails that are excellent quad/dirtbike trails in summer. I'll post more details as we get closer. If you have any questions just fire away.

teamgrizzly-bc

Funny, I'm looking at hitting Barkerville by backroads this year with the BC Big Adventure Ride. I would love to compare notes on the roads up there.

Mike

jimi2crank

Funny, I'm looking at hitting Barkerville by backroads this year with the BC Big Adventure Ride. I would love to compare notes on the roads up there.

Mike

There are a couple of back doors in to Wells/Barkerville but it is usually best to keep to the main logging roads that run from Horsefly, Likely. 3100 rd on the Wells end. There are some smaller prospector routes and such but are totally overgrown.