Baja 1000

livinadream

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
Participate on our Baja team. we are offering the oppurtunity to be a member of our race team.

Price includes Registration,Score membership, ride on our fully race prepared Baja Bike, built by world Champion Mechanic (Bernie Wright), all support, fuel. and spares required to race the Baja. Also includes transportation of your own Bike to Mexico for Pre-ride if you choose to pre-ride.
Price does not include transportation, or Accommodation.

Cost for all this excitement is $5800.

Race Date is November 17th to 20th Our team will be arriving in Ensenada on the 18th.

But wait there is more!!! Don't want to race, we are offering the oppurtunity to be a passenger in one of our support trucks for $500.

But wait still more!!! we are also offering the chance to pre-ride the course with our team, we transport your bike,and provide mechanical support $750.

We are excited about this offering please contact us if you are interested

We can be reached at [email protected]
Don

cactusreid

wow! 5800$$$ how many riders are you planning to race with? are you guy's going for the overall win,or just for the experience? what class/age group are you racing,pro's or sportsman? how long/how many miles on the bike,does each racer get? what kind of bike are you running? have you done the baja 1000 before this,or is this a first time?

livinadream

We are planning total of four riders, each riding 250 miles, of course we would like an overall win , but given the diversity of experience a respectable finish would be great. We are running sportsman class,The age group will be determined once the team is filled.We are running a 570 Husaberg built by our service manager Bernie Wright, Bernie also works for Cyril Despres
and has build many of the top placing Dakar bikes as well as the bikes used in long way down. Right now we need riders or I could be Ironmaning this.
Don

cactusreid

the baja 1000 is quite a ride! i did it in 08 with 3 other buddies in the pro classes/ over Fiddy class. It's certainly one of the big ones on the bucket list. From what has been leaked so far,this years course looks like a fast one,highly favoring the trophy trucks at the expense of the pro bikes. Score is desperate to get an overall win for one of the million dollar trophy trucks,so fast open sections and endless(and i mean friggin endless,deep ,mean,and nasty
WHOOP sections that go on for 30,40,50 miles at a time) is their tactic in trying to stop a $10K motorcycle from handing a big dollar trophy truck it's A$$ in the race. the trucks haven't taken the overall win in a long time as far as i know. they usually start 3 or 4 hours after the last bikes and quads have left the line- by the way that's the sportsman classes. so keep your radar set on high boy's,and don't get caught up in any dust storms between dualing trucks,as that's when bikes are the least visible to the truck drivers. good luck with your ride!

Last edited:

Hill Climber

the baja 1000 is quite a ride! i did it in 08 with 3 other buddies in the pro classes/ over Fiddy class. It's certainly one of the big ones on the bucket list. From what has been leaked so far,this years course looks like a fast one,highly favoring the trophy trucks at the expense of the pro bikes. Score is desperate to get an overall win for one of the million dollar trophy trucks,so fast open sections and endless(and i mean friggin endless,deep ,mean,and nasty
WHOOP sections that go on for 30,40,50 miles at a time) is their tactic in trying to stop a $10K motorcycle from handing a big dollar trophy truck it's A$$ in the race. the trucks haven't taken the overall win in a long time as far as i know. they usually start 3 or 4 hours after the last bikes and quads have left the line- by the way that's the sportsman classes. so keep your radar set on high boy's,and don't get caught up in any dust storms between dualing trucks,as that's when bikes are the least visible to the truck drivers. good luck with your ride!

A buddy of mine did the 1000 (well, 673 Miles) solo last year. Here's a portion of a writeup he did after the race:

Apparently this section provided a lot of carnage for people behind me, and there were some wrecks for sure. The first trophy truck caught me at 7:45pm. They started at 10:30, a full three hours behind the last bike. The rule with trucks is just get out of the way and slow down, as dust is now a huge issue clinging to moisture in the air and making vision difficult. The next trucks got me at 8:45. The second one almost took me out, despite me giving him lots of room. He literally brushed me with his back end in a full power slide still coming across my side of the road! This was probably my closest call of the race, and from then on I was on a ‘get off the road’ program with them.

Words to stay alive by.....

Good luck !! And have fun..

livinadream

Team is finalized,
Riders: Don Hatton. Nick Caldwell, Paul Gallagher all from Duncan Motorsports and Steve LaRoza from California
Team manager/Mechanic Bernie Wright
Crew, Kevan Ibbotson,Chris Knight,John Yeoman
Pit Assistance KTM
Bike Husaberg 570, Build by Bernie Wright, suspension by Brett Leef, lights Baja Design, Fuel Tank Safari designs, (All parts available through Duncan Motorsports.)
The bike is under construction , drop by the shop and watch the progress,
Sponsors so far Duncan Motorsports. but we won't turn anyone away.

Okay, its been a few weeks since you started this adventure. How about a few pictures of your ride for us Baja junkies on the mainland...

Dirtpig

We have just arrived in Los Angeles after two hard days of driving down from the Island. We are hoping to be in Ensanada tomorrow and will hopefully have some pictures to post. But being Mexico internet access to update pics maybe limited

Stay tuned

Kevan

Dirtpig

We have actually moved up a class to Class 30 which will allow us to start earlier

Our number is 308X

Kevan

cactusreid

any word on how they are doing/done? kamloops own al perrett (72 yr's young) is on bill nichols team 619x this year, and they appear to have the race about 3/4 done at 6;30 THIS AM. GO GENTLEMEN!