BC Safety Council Bankruptcy Auction Nov 28th

K

KLR8TOR

imported post

imported post

Anybody go to this auction? I went to preview it yesterday but didn't get there today. If anyone went, I would be interested to know what range of $$ the bikessold for.

Floored

imported post

imported post

Sad to think that our country and government will spend billions on saving the banks & big business, but not a dime for the organizations that train and keep us safe. Even though we voted them in, this is how much they value our lives.

Do you feel special now?

joker650

imported post

imported post

Floored wrote:
Sad to think that our country and government will spend billions on saving the banks & big business, but not a dime for the organizations that train and keep us safe. Even though we voted them in, this is how much they value our lives.

Do you feel special now?
Thats ok....just keep donating more money toall their new programs that will help us out.(ORV legislation comes to mind) Just trust them...it'll all work out.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

:hijacked

This is a good as thread as any to hijack

Why is it that every 4th thread gets hijacked andturns into a flame ofsome typeor another, its either a dealer or the Government or.....??????:StirIt happens so much I added an emoticon for it

O

old trials guy

imported post

imported post

tomcycle wrote:
:hijacked
How many bonus points do we get for winning this prestigious award?

:Stir

otg

North

imported post

imported post

I guess it's because a lot people are pissed off at the Government, Dealers and the general decline in Western Civilization and our way of life. Personally I would like to put the blame on China as well. We are going to have to fight them sooner or later, if they don't collapse in the next few years. Or be slaves to them and The Walmart.

But back to the BCSC bike sale. I would of thought that they would of had some Sherpas for sale. I just thought that everyone used them as training bike.

Floored

imported post

imported post

My part of this comes strictly from the fact that this was the first I'd read about the BCSC's bankruptcy.Since I did my training with the Canada Safety Council (way back when), andmy wife did hers with the BCSC, the topic strikes deep.

Should I have started a " Does anyone else take offence to the BCSC's Bankruptcy?" thread?

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

Floored wrote:

Do you feel special now?

My part of this comes strictly from the fact that this was the first I'd read about the BCSC's bankruptcy.Since I did my training with the Canada Safety Council (way back when), andmy wife did hers with the BCSC, the topic strikes deep.

Should I have started a " Does anyone else take offence to the BCSC's Bankruptcy?" thread?

Thread's are getting hijacked more and more; this is a nuisance to the posters and moderators - so please be mindful of this and start fresh threads where appropriate.

Tom's frustration likely comes from the ongoing and misinformed anti-government conspiracy theories.

Despite the topic of the BCSC's bankruptcy striking deep (because you & yours were once customers), the fact remains that the demise of the BCSC started in the early 80's. Provincial Government & WCB grants dried-up by 1995; the BCSC had a mandate to be self-sustaining. Fourteen years (& a few governments) later, this regrettably failed.

We can assume that an entrepreneur (former BCSC employees) will see the opportunity here and join the ranks of the other private motorcycle training schools in the province.
Hopefully some DSBC folks made it to the auction; looks like some nice machines were available.

Mark