Beta Swingarm bearings

r_jackson

Kind of a longshot, but does anyone know what the swingarm bearings and seals for a Beta 450 are? I have the Beta part number and size, but can't covert them on the usual bearing sites.

r_jackson

Ya, that site lists a kit for 2010 and up.
I have the beta part numbers and dimensions, but not finding a good site to cross them to any standard brand of bearing.

sylvain

"2018 Forest Fairies"
From your Parts listing
38 11-22056 Boccola a rulli 22x 12 V Needle bearing 22x 12 V Douille a roulements 22x 12 V Nadellager 22x12 V Cojinete 22x12 V
41 10-64481 Anello paraolio 25x32x7 Oil seal 25x32x7

From my part listing
28 1122056 000 4 Boccola a rullini 22x28x12 Roller cage 22x28x12

It look they changes all the part number between 2009 and 2010
Maybe to forget a strange association :)

I couldn't find the linkage on the 2009 diagram, do you have one?

r_jackson

I'm getting somewhere, HK2212 for the bearings from the SKF site....

SKF 9696 for the swingarm seal....

Last edited:

jimi2crank

Get your bearings figured out Rob? If you send the Canadian Beta distributor a message through facebook he's pretty quick at getting back and is pretty helpful. Do you guys not have a contact through work that you can get to match up the bearings through dimensions? BC bearing or something like that?

I'm getting somewhere, HK2212 for the bearings from the SKF site....

SKF 9696 for the swingarm seal....

Last edited:

r_jackson

All good, I'm putting it back together, all parts are here. I got my bearings locally, and the other parts I needed from Dave at Get Dirty in the States. Only thing that's hanging me up right now is the outer shell of one of the bearings is seized up pretty good in the suspension linkage. I don't have a vice so whenever I try to heat it up and punch it out I can't really hold it in place. Thanks for the tip though.

Mad Max

If you know a welder , get him to run a bead around the bearing face and when it cools it will shrink and fall right out.

sylvain

"2018 Forest Fairies"
To it the Timmerman way!

1- Remove all the bearing roller and cage
2- Fin a round piece of steel about 1/2 inch diameter
3- Ask Tom to tack weld the bar inside the bearing (it's what I did)
4- Hammer the shit until it fall to the ground (not very hard, welding help loosen up the things)

Rich guy's way, Buy the Motion pro bearing extractor
Anyway you need it to push the bearing in. http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0294/

08-0294_alt2.jpg

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
I have this set, its good if the bearing races are not seized in place, the tool is aluminum and will crush.

Yup, big old steel bar down the center and a quick tac with the welder and hammer the race out, works every time

T

To it the Timmerman way!

1- Remove all the bearing roller and cage
2- Fin a round piece of steel about 1/2 inch diameter
3- Ask Tom to tack weld the bar inside the bearing (it's what I did)
4- Hammer the shit until it fall to the ground (not very hard, welding help loosen up the things)

Rich guy's way, Buy the Motion pro bearing extractor
Anyway you need it to push the bearing in. http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0294/

08-0294_alt2.jpg

r_jackson

That's a good idea on a bar through the middle. I'll give that a go. Everything goes in easy when the bearings cook in the freezer and I pour some heat to the linkage.

jimi2crank

If you ever need to Rob, I have a vice, bench grinder, drill press, welder, air compressor and tools in my garage at home. If you ever need something pressed out I have a press at work and can take it to work and get it out for you. Your welcome to wrench on your bike in my garage anytime if you need. You just have to bring beer.

r_jackson

Thanks Jimi, I appreciate it. Saw this a little late. I got the last of it out tonight with some help from Reece and his welder. I'll be back on the trails again for next weekend. Hopefully someone left a few trees in the trails for me to clear out.