Camp site in Osoyoos

G

Gordon6027

Hello my name is Gordon and I have just joined the site. Ride a 2008 KLR among other bikes.

I live in between Oliver and Osoyoos and have a huge front lawn on a private lake which any members here are welcome to use. I will be starting a bed and breakfast specifically catering to 2 wheel traffic in the future but for now have to offer the lawn.

Exactly 10km from Oliver or Osoyoos, Deadmans lake.

Gordon [email protected]

P.S. No burnouts on the lawn, I'm having a hard enough time getting the bloody grass to grow hehe.

SubMann

imported post

imported post

That's a great offer! I hope someone can use it. I love that area. My uncle lives in Osoyoos so I've spent a bit of time around there.

Roaddane

imported post

imported post

You're a good man Gordon, even if you do ride a KLR (I kid - used to ride KLR too)

G

Gordon6027

imported post

imported post

I'm kinda new to dualsport, mostly rode everything else. But yeah drop by anytime this summer.

Hamon

imported post

imported post

Stayed at Gordon's place on Sunday night. Had a great time BS'ing, contemplating life over beer, and generally having an all-around good time. He's got a sweet setup there, with a nice private lake, lots of shade, and plenty of room for tents.

If you're in the area, stop by at his place. He's a good guy and a motorcycle enthusiast to the core. It'll be interesting to see what comes of his plans for the place!

NorthCascadesMayLong100.jpg

Thanks again Gordon! Until next time,

Travis

G

Gordon6027

imported post

imported post

Hey thanks Hamon, I had a good time too. Glad you made it back ok. Nice photo.

B

biggyfries

imported post

imported post

I am new to this site for one main reason--to compliment Gordon for his great generous offer of a tent site!

I have a brother on this site in Prince George. I toured from Walla Walla, WA with him north to his home and while there met several DSBC guys and enjoyed the entire experience. I had no idea how far south I'd make it on my way home, but my brother said if I got to Osoyoos I should visit a guy on this site who allows travellers to put up a tent on his property. I noted 'Gordon' and 'Deadman Lake', and headed south.

I figured I'd make it to Vernon or so, but I was making good time and came to Penticton while it was still light. I knew it would be easy to push on to Oliver and I'd look for Deadman Lake. It was just a few km south of Oliver, I pulled up to see a guy working in the yard, and I immediately knew I was at the right place. I was welcomed even though I was a stranger and dropped in without notice!

Gordon showed me to a convenient spot to pitch my tent--I had it up in a few minutes. He brought me a folding chair and we shot the breeze for a while until dark. I met the lady of the house (Sharon) who was every bit as hospitable as Gordon. I was a total stranger and they rolled out the red carpet for me in a way that is most amazing!

This is one of those excellent experiences that comes from sharing a common interest. Gordon has travelled the world on two wheels and is very pleased to offer a hand of friendship to a passing traveller. I resolve to offer my services in a similar way, in the attempt to follow the example of a great guy like Gordon.

If any on this site are needing a tent space or three in the Walla Walla, WA area, just come on by. If I'm here you just knock on the door. If you can PM me it will help assure I will be here. I have no lakefront like Gordon, but I have a secluded large lawn with potable water. I am a non-drinker so I have no beer but if you need a free tentspace, come on down.

Jim Shaw--I'm in the book.
[email protected]

sueandal

imported post

imported post

this is incredible stuff jim and gordon. thankyou both for the fantastic offers.
i am meeting up with kerry and family on mon. aug 20 in osoyoos and would very much like to stay on your lawn gordon.
i will message you soon as to which night i am looking for either the 19th or 20th.
al:)

imported post

imported post

Hey. I stayed at the 'camp-site'. I think the coordinates are:

49 05' 40" X -119 33' 34"

More report to follow.

:)