Cancelled: 2017 loose screw dual sport

Bora20

Administrator
I regret to inform you that the Loose Screw Crew has made the unanimous decision to cancel the 2017 Loose Screw Dual Sport event.

The extreme fire rating of 5 in our area, the ash falling from the sky, and the need to be good event neighbours has forced our hand. In addition to this, the majority of the trails we would be using are in an active fire zone, if not on fire right now.

The reward simply does not outweigh the risk.

We will be back next year with the event next year and look forward to seeing you all again.

With this being said, we need to figure out what to do with all the entry fees. There are some minor sunk costs, but overall the event is not out a large sum of funds.

We have three options for entrants this year in regards to their entry fees. You will be receiving an email in the near future regarding the action you would like us to take. We will need a response from each of you within the timeframe specified or we will determine what to do with the funds on your behalf.

A) roll your entry fee forward for the 2018 event

B) donate your entry fee towards the wildlife efforts and evacuees

C) refund, minus applicable fees

Thank you for your patience in this matter. The decision to cancel the event was not taken lightly by the crew.

Thanks again,
The Loose Screw Crew
 

Viper

New member
For my entry like someone else said on another thread. I'd like to donate my entry to the people that's helping fight the fire.
 

Randual

Member
I think that I can speak for everyone on the forum here, That we respect the decision made... and as a big of a disappointment this is, it for the better of the community and there will be a next year! Thank you Dan and the Loose Screw Crew... you guys are amazing! I'm just checking with our group to see the dispersant of the fee ... we will get back to you soon! thank you Loose Screw Crew... Randy
 

Bora20

Administrator
Email has been sent to all registrants to determine action by Friday August 11, 2017. You must respond to the email with how to proceed as your user name on the forum do not correlate to your entry form.
 

04klr

Well-known member
hard as it is to cancel the event , it was perhaps a bit of a sign having the ash falling from the sky as we left the meeting. Thx boys for putting in the hours of trail building/clearing and creation of routes.
 

kenf

New member
Definitely the right choice -- running a ride through the middle of a recent evacuation zone, even if it was open, would be horribly disrespectful to the folks that lost homes there, and if another fire were to start in the area, even if not caused by riders, the negative impact to the riding community would be horrible.

Sorry to miss it this year, but I support the decision to cancel it. I also support the suggestion to donate reg fees (less expenses to date -- no reason you guys should be out of pocket for this) to support the wildfire victims.

See you in '18!

KF
 

offworlder

Moderator
Thanks for all you do, and all you dont do! As much as I'll miss coming over that hill, seeing the river (the finish line), and shouting to the wind that I had beaten the curse yet again - this was absolutely the right decision. Donating my reg fees.
 

Dorky

Moderator
Mongoose Machine wishes to donate the 4 GCs for 50% off Rekluse products to those who are donating their entry fee to the wildfire efforts.

It also looks like Voss Dualsport helmets may donate GCs for helmet discounts to all who donate their fee!!

There are a LOT of you donating your entry fee - thanks!

Keep your eyes open for an email related to the Rekluse and Voss GCs.
 
Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
78 of 165 people have responded so far, with 45 of them requesting to donate. That's 58%. This makes my heart very happy :)
 

filterx

Member
Yes I was REALLY looking forward to doing the event for my first time this year(and I never do any bike events) BUT I completely understand. I hope everyone and their family's/livestock etc are safe in the effected areas.
 

Bora20

Administrator
Grinder and Redpillar, I have no idea who you are based on your usernames. Please email me, private message me, or post your full names. Thanks.
 

Bora20

Administrator
Waiting to hear from the remaining 14 entrants. If you know them, please give them a nudge. All costs are in and we are ready to donate once these people respond.

12 Clarke Lawry
35 Hilberry Steve
36 Holmes Allan
45 Walker Shawn
61 Hilberry Zac
79 Brundage Jaymie
80 Walker Richie
100 Theilman Bruno
118 Bishop Ray
123 Kavanagh Michael
131 Welch Richard
134 Brown Tom
140 Derouin Clay
157 Siemens Gord
 
Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
Waiting for the final 7. If I do not hear from you by the end of today, I will be donating your entry fee as per the cancellation email. If anyone knows someone listed below, please give them a nudge to answer their email.

35 Hilberry Steve
61 Hilberry Zac
79 Brundage Jaymie
80 Walker Richie
100 Theilman Bruno
118 Bishop Ray
131 Welch Richard
 
Last edited:
Top