DEAD ZONE PRE RIDE June 13 and 14 2009

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Final Dead Zone Preride June 13 14 2009

Will be checking roll charts and GPS Coordinates for both the EZ and Hard Routes

Also checking the final routes over Cornwall Hills may need some minor clearing

We will need a couple of new people this week so if you are free you are more than welcome to join us. this is particularly good if you cant make the event and still want to be involved.

The Bus will be leaving Surrey

Friday Early Evening 6 pm we have room fortwo more

On The Bus

Scott, Tom, Mike, Brendan, Lee, Bob

Tom

DRZSMS

imported post

imported post

Yaaaa!

Schools out for summer!!

I'm In on this one for sure. Have to catch up on lots of riding.

Reserve a spot on the bus for me plz.

DRZSMS

imported post

imported post

I may be a guinea pig for the C loop [suP]Only!!![/suP]

[suP]Mike and Mark there are not going to catch me for the A loop again!!!:hb:[/suP]

[suP][/suP]
Is possible to camp with the tent?

Bugsinteeth

imported post

imported post

Hi Tom,

I forgot have a commitment inVancouver on Sunday evening.

I think it's best if I make my own way up to Spenses Bridge. This will allow me to leave early on Sunday to get back to Vancouver. DRAT!

Sorry to jump on then off the bus so quickly.:)

Cheers,

Paul N.

Sprang

imported post

imported post

Looking to join you guys:D. Was hoping to drive up early sat morning , what time do you head out ? Probably will sleep in my canopy sat night, may need to borrow some bbq room . Let me know what the pre ridecamp procedure is.

Thx Walt

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

Sprang wrote:
Looking to join you guys:D. Was hoping to drive up early sat morning , what time do you head out ? Probably will sleep in my canopy sat night, may need to borrow some bbq room . Let me know what the pre ridecamp procedure is.

Thx Walt

We will be heading out of the campground around 8 am

Not sure how busy the campground will be you will have to arrange your space with the acacia, not sure how many trucks they will allow on each space but they will allow only one bus

BBQ room is no problem just bring whatever you want to cook

Dont forget something for lunch

Not much on rules other that ride all day then fall asleep to do it all over again

T

Sprang

imported post

imported post

Thanks Tom , Mr. Javajude contacted me and filled me in . I'll be there by 8am.

Thx :tup:

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Booked an RV site (right beside the bus) for the Yukon and Toy Box. Coming up Friday afternoon.

-Judy-

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

June 10

Still room for one more on the bus

You will have to bring your own camping gear, no rooms left at the inn

Tom

bobhami

imported post

imported post

I'm in if there is still room on the bus! I'll get the camping
gear dusted off.

Bob

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

bobhami wrote:
I'm in if there is still room on the bus! I'll get the camping
gear dusted off.

Bob

We have room for you Bob

Be at the bus at 5pm friday

T

XmikeR

imported post

imported post

michelangelu wrote:
[suP]Mike and Mark there are not going to catch me for the A loop again!!!:hb:[/suP]

[suP][/suP]
Is possible to camp with the tent?
LMAO. It wasnt Mike and Mark, It was Tom, always blame Tom......and tents are always good for camping!

imported post

imported post

I"m so sorry guys but there is something that i have to do on saturday!!!:mad3:WORK!!!

Well....... I guess i will see you for the ride! Have fun guys!!! Sorry again..........

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Another pre-ride DONE!! We had lots of people come out and help this past weekend:

Tom, Mike, John, Walt, Paul, Bob, Bren, Lev, SnackDaddy (Mike), Scott, Bill andBogdan (was able to change his plans and come up at the last minute :clap:).

Here are a few photos:

Pre-Ride meetings:

Someone is not happy to be left behind!

My task this weekend was to clean up the first C+ option on the Scenic Route to make it a wee bit easier to ride. What a GREAT trail! It's 4kms of single track. Everyone should give it a try (but only if you don't mind getting 1 or 2 scratches on your bike :hr:)

John was on "Bear Watch" (clearing trails with Tom on Church Mtn. last week did a number on his back). He was a good sport and did an excellent job keeping the bears away.

Once the trail was cleared I took it for a test ride :woohoo:

Then it was off to find Bogdan, Walt and Bill. They were pre-riding the entire Scenic Route to double check the roll chart. I found them at the lunch stop

The800GS took a little bit of a beating :hr: Bo was thankful for the crash bars and the bark busters

"I brought this thing 200km, we are going to use it" - Walt

We were trying to out-run those dark clouds behind us . . . .it didn't work. There was a spectacular thunder and lightning storm that lasted for hours. We got wet and the guys doing the B route got ABSOLUTELY soaked!

My favorite photo

Once the rain had stopped, Tom was nice enough to put on a tire changing seminar for the rest of us.

Thanks to everyone that came out and helped :dr:The Scenic Route is done :bliss:

Tom can report on how things went for the A/B route.

-Judy-

F

franhoser

imported post

imported post

Had a great time. Got the bus experience. Learned not to load up on beer andto go to the bathroom before you get on.

Accomplished a lot. Punched a new section for the B route to get away from overlapping the C loop at one section. We did about 90% of the B loop to get the roll charts finalized and double checked stuff.

The picture below shows the second tire changing seminar that Tom put on for the B route riders on top of Cornwall look out on his front tire. Third tube on the rim finally did the job.We are trying to tell him how not to pinch this tube with the tire iron this time.:Stir

358IMGP0325_small-med.jpg