Details of Routledge Posted

offworlder

Woo hoo ! Thought I heard there wouldnt be a dual sport route this year, glad thats not the case !
Looking forward to it !

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
Tom & I are hammering out the plan for leaving the lower mainland towards Princeton on Friday (July 27th).

The current thought is to depart the 'Horn of Plenty' cafe (Esso gas station) in Aggasiz at 09:00. We'll head north up Harrison East through the Kookipi to Boston Bar (Fuel). Then Ustlis and Lawless to come out at Murray Lakes on the Coq; then our usual blast to Tulameen (fuel) and in behand China Ridge to Princeton (fuel & beer).

Please post here if you plan on joining us!

skidmark43

Still on the fence about it. Would be big biking it, as I've got to carry my camping gear, so likely cant follow you loons through the underbrush...

Camping gear? You have choices man!
Drop your stuff at the clubhouse next Tuesday night & they'll haul it. Or take a pull-out in one of our chalets & travel light.
The Friday route should be fine for your big bike, all mains & we have a 950 & a KLR already joining us.

Randual

Hi Mark (Offworlder)
if you are riding out from Vcr on Friday perhaps you want some company for the ride out?
I'm in PoCo so I'm on your way and looking forward to the adventure!
Randy

offworlder

Randy,

I'm guessing your the aforementioned KLR amongst the group ? Lets meet up en route, and join the rest of the group there (at the Horn of Plenty).
Let me know where/when works, so were able to meet the rest of our rag tag fugitive fleet for 9:00 ....

skidmark43

If anyone wants their gear or beer hauled to Princeton, you need to drop your items off at the GVMC clubhouse in Port Kells (north surrey) this Tuesday evening.

offworlder

So, whats the thinking re returning to the city on Sunday ?
Start early, take the same route back, slab it, teleportation, or... ?

skidmark43

So, whats the thinking re returning to the city on Sunday ?
Start early, take the same route back, slab it, teleportation, or... ?

None of those choices. We'll work our way back to the Coq, very little route retracement, then south to Caroline Mines and then west to Alexandra Bridge. Then ?? to Agassiz.
Should be a sweet day.

SouthPoint

None of those choices. We'll work our way back to the Coq, very little route retracement, then south to Caroline Mines and then west to Alexandra Bridge. Then ?? to Agassiz.
Should be a sweet day.

I was riding this area yesterday. We went in at Alexandra Bridge and were heading towards Ladner Creek. The road is blocked off at N 49 35.624 W 121 20.610 (north of Siwash Creek) by a major logging operation. It appears that the logs were cut a couple of months ago and just left strewn all over the road as if they were dropped by helicopter. These are big logs 30" + in diameter. We made it under a few of them but then ran in to a huge pile. There was no equipment up there, so there doesn't seem to be any plans to move them in the near future.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Thanks SouthPoint

We will have to decide on another route, maybe back to Boston Bar then South to American Creek, I think Farp and the boys did that a couple of weeks ago?

John (or someone) can you add something about American Creek to Ruby or Harrison?

SouthPoint

Thanks SouthPoint

We will have to decide on another route, maybe back to Boston Bar then South to American Creek, I think Farp and the boys did that a couple of weeks ago?

John (or someone) can you add something about American Creek to Ruby or Harrison?

I was on the American Creek ride. There is a brutally steep, very loose rocky downhill section on this route. I have been down it 5 times and have crashed every time, but that's just me. I have seen KLRs make it down. In any case, it's a tough hill and I wouldn't recommend it for inexperienced riders. I doubt that you would have any trouble with it. If you want a fresh GPS track for it, let me know.

tomcycle

Staff member
I was on the American Creek ride. There is a brutally steep, very loose rocky downhill section on this route. I have been down it 5 times and have crashed every time, but that's just me. I have seen KLRs make it down. In any case, it's a tough hill and I wouldn't recommend it for inexperienced riders. I doubt that you would have any trouble with it. If you want a fresh GPS track for it, let me know.

I would like to have that track I am pretty sure you can post it here if not I can send you my email

TT

tomcycle

Staff member
OK got it

Have you guys tried to get to Hicks Lake from Ruby CreeK. There use to be an FSR but it was washed out some years ago and I have never been back

I think I will use this for the route back

TT