Step in anytime Jude:ted:

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

:clap:OK I'mstepping in:clap:

I've been talking about it sonow it's time to put it into print:

DSBC SPRING NEWBIE RIDE - SATURDAY MARCH24

This ride is planned for the Cultus Lake / Tamahi / Chipmunk Creek area.

Big Bike Friendly, New Rider Friendly, New to DSBC Friendly.

There are tentative plans for an A/B option.

Just like past Newbie Rides the intention will be to keep it easy and fun. We will end up inthe Chipmunk Creek/Piston Run area where the view is spectacular and some of the A riders can test their skills on single track andthe GVMC rock bridge while the rest of us watch, socialize and maybe have a BBQ (working on those details):

Watch the forum for more details (meeting place, time, maps, etc)on this FUN ride.

-Judy-

C

CrazyD2.0

imported post

imported post

HI Judy, Tomcycle. Time to step up to the plate and realize the desire - I'm in. What can I do to participate?

Rick

P

Poco Red

imported post

imported post

JudeI'm in! Had a blast on the last ride!

bmw rocke

imported post

imported post

Hmm sounds like fun. I hear that chipmunk is really great for beginners with gentle climbs and smooth bermed trails.:):)

Looks like I will be up at Chipmunk on Saturday Feb 17th. I'll let you know how everything looks after all the wind this winter.

I hope to be able to come this year and I would like to apologize in advance to any Noobs I offend by overestimating their skill level and leading them astray. Really I just want to help.:hb::tup:

Just to be clear I willnot be picking the route so no need to worry about that. The route will be picked by qualified individuals who have the beginners best interest in mind.:tup:

Rocke.

J

jryj00004

imported post

imported post

Looking forward to the ride. Last Oct. was great, and a "guide" around the chipmunk area is a huge bonus!

L

luthman1

imported post

imported post

I'm there! been a street biker for years- it'l be good to have some actual advise on how to not get into too much trouble with my newbeast in the dirt rather then the plannedtrial and error method.

Luth

imported post

imported post

Went out to the chipmunk area today ,feb 18 with a few quadder`s they took me on the grand tour of area excellent area with all skill levels finally got a chance to break in my new dr400Z I look forward to newbie ride If anybody needs aride from surrey i have room on my truck and trailer drop me a line....ride on..

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

newfienighthawk wrote:
......... I look forward to newbie ride If anybody needs aride from surrey i have room on my truck and trailer drop me a line....ride on..
Because it will be a beautiful nice day for the Newbie Ride I will post back roads directions for people to :dr:RIDE their DUALSPORT :dr:bikes to the start point. Or people can meet me at my place in South Langley and we can ride from here.It's a beautiful back road country ride out there and it only takes an hour from my place :clap:

F

flip-flop

imported post

imported post

Had a great time on the October ride, look forward to this ride.
Has a meeting place been set up yet? :talk:'

C

cumminscowboy

imported post

imported post

Howdy everyone. I'm hoping to attend this newbie ride finally. I've missed so many of them, i'd like to get the chance to ride with some of you. Are there going to be any pavement riding once we're there or is it all off road. I'm a little limited with the gearing on my bike. Top speed of 70 km/h now, without DOT tires. Like i've never done anything illegal before right! Where is the meeting place going to be and at about what time do you reckon? Hopefully talk to you all soon.

Wil

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

The meeting place is the Cultas Lake Pub parking lot. Got the ok from them last weekend when we were out for a pre-ride.

We will be starting the ride at 10:00am so meet there anytime before that. The Pub isn't open until 11am so plan for breakfast elsewhere. This ride is a round trip so we will be coming back to the Pub at the end of the day.

There will be a very short section of pavement at the start (about 5 minutes or so. We need to get from the Pub through Sleepy Hollow - residential area). Then once we get to Tamahi RecSite we need to hop ontoChilliwack Lake Road and go to Sleese Park (another 5 minutes or so).

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

This ride will be :dr:RAIN or SHINE :dr:

In October we had 59 bikes for the Harrison East Newbie Ride :tup:.The weather was very cold in the morning and it got sunny as the day progressed. The previous year we had30 riders :clap:and that was in the pouring rain.

Your guess is as good as mine as to how many people will actually show up. I'm keeping track of who's posting that they will be there. If you wimp out because of the rain (get rain gear, we live in BC . . it rains often) or if you think it's too chilly (put on more clothes or get heated grips/heated vest), you will be missing out on a fantasic day. Anyone can go and ride on a nice day . . .

imported post

imported post

The wife and I will be there rain or shine. It will be her first dualsport ride. Really looking forward to it.

B

blackelmo

imported post

imported post

Count me in. Are you planning on taking the low or the high route to Tamihi? There was a little more snow on Bench road today. I'm wondering if there will still be snow on the upper route the 3rd week of march.

imported post

imported post

count mein for the ride ,do i need oversize fuel tank for this ride??just install rad guards and skid plate today.what else do i need for this ride ,fill me in..thanks..

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

blackelmo wrote:
Count me in. Are you planning on taking the low or the high route to Tamihi? There was a little more snow on Bench road today. I'm wondering if there will still be snow on the upper route the 3rd week of march.
We'll be taking the low route to Tamahi. There wasn't even a trace of snow when we did it last week.We'll be on the Liumchen FSR. However, whenwe went through Sleese Park and joined the Bench Road, where it's quite high, we had rain mixed with snow and we were within 200 yards of the snow line. :dr: