DSBC SPRING NEWBIE RIDE - SATURDAY MARCH 24

vexorg

Flinger of mud
imported post

imported post

Just got my KLR transferred from Ontario to BC plates, looking forward to meeting everyone for the first time at the Cultas Lake pub tomorrow!

Norm

imported post

imported post

John, (Sail Lots), please email a private message as I would like to talk to you about the stator failure. I'm trying to develop a sense of what is failing and why.

Do you still have your old stator? Why not trailer out to Chilliwack. Be at my place around 8 AM and we can have you ready to go on the 10 AM ride.

Norm

C

CrazyD2.0

imported post

imported post

I'm just gonna do a quick rear tire change toa paddle-wheeler type, along with a front pontoon. I'll leave the body armour at home and bring a lifejacket instead.

see you at 10:00 am :hb:

PistolPete

imported post

imported post

Well guys and gals..

I think I will have to sit this one out. I would love to go but as of right now I feel like 10 lbs of crap crammed into a five lb bag. Sinuses are going nuts and the headache just won't go away. I also got a call from the bank and I have to sign some papers tomorrow for the purchase of the new truck.

I will be wishing I was out there..have fun.

Patrick and Luther....I'll zip you guys a pm with my home number. We will definately have to go for a ride sometime soon.

K

Kawasakied

imported post

imported post

Don't let a little bit of rain discourage you. Here's pix of me on Hwy 1 in Langley this afternoon. See you at 10!

Attachments

• dualsport water crossing.jpg
    dualsport water crossing.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 0

canuck

imported post

imported post

PistolPete wrote:
Well guys and gals..

I think I will have to sit this one out. I would love to go but as of right now I feel like 10 lbs of crap crammed into a five lb bag. Sinuses are going nuts and the headache just won't go away. I also got a call from the bank and I have to sign some papers tomorrow for the purchase of the new truck.

I will be wishing I was out there..have fun.

Patrick and Luther....I'll zip you guys a pm with my home number. We will definately have to go for a ride sometime soon.

Hope ya feel better Pete, I know lots of folks who are feeling the same.

Send me that PM and we will head out another time.

Patrick

(Where are those water wings ??)

J

jryj00004

imported post

imported post

I was starting to worry that the trip might be off! I'm glad to see there's lots of die hards! Can't wait to go

D

dooveman

imported post

imported post

Various upgrades like tires, braided brake line, doohickey, center stand, tubes.. a bunch of cash

Various tools and lift and all the supplies I need... a bunch more cash

Winter maintenance and upgrades... a whole bunch of time and beer.

Purrs like a kitten on first start..... PRICELESS!!

:dr:

Phoenix

imported post

imported post

My truck is acting up and making horrible noises, so I will put the bike in the truck and if it blows up,I can still make it there and back. Truck can find it's own way home! Just finishing up packing for tomorrow, don't forget the sunglasses:?.

C

CrazyD2.0

imported post

imported post

Phoenix wrote:
Trying to decide which SPF to bring 30, 45, 50 ?
Ha Ha - forget SPF! Bring some dubbin or musk oil!

P

Poco Red

imported post

imported post

I've got to go to work tomorrow! Would someone post a garmin file for the route tomorrow so I can go another time! Have a blast, see you on the next one!

Pitscar

imported post

imported post

Pretty pumped, guys (well, girls) at 5thGear stayed behind for me to finish up the tire swap so I can go :hb:. Riding in from Surrey will be... lubrificastic. See you all at 10. Comin on a white DR350.

K

Kawasakied

imported post

imported post

Woo hoo! This is going to be a fun day! This is how I imagine the parking lot will be like at Cultus Lake Pub. Bring rubbers....and I mean the kind that goes on your feet.

Attachments

• pub start.bmp
    198.1 KB · Views: 0

DIRTYNOOB

imported post

imported post

those of you that went , may the force be with you. i like riding with you guys, but not that much, that i have to wear a wetsuit and flippers.

i hope someone takes pictures because this has to be one of the wettest newbie rides i have seen. have a fun, safe day, as me and my drz hide inside with the rest of the poulet:mb:

C

cumminscowboy

imported post

imported post

I agree with dirtynoob. Also i was going to hitch a ride with him. This gave me a day to finally wash the bike and decide i should jet the carb and do the 3x3 mod. If the bike dries in time i should also grease the swing arm and steering bearings again. All the best to you all. I wish i was as brave as the rest of you. I really wanted to ride that area as i've never been out there before. Hopefully i will be able to join you soon.

Wil:hb:

K

Kawasakied

imported post

imported post

What a bunch of weenies. You missed a fabulous day of riding in the sun belt of Chiliwack. See group picture. Unbelievable turnout of 26 bikes!

Thanks Jude for organizing and all the leaders and sweepers. Again met some terrific people. Great chatting with you Pat. DualsportBC gain is Toronto's lost!

Cheers, Ed

Attachments

• dualsport sunny.jpg
    dualsport sunny.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0

Pitscar

imported post

imported post

That was the most fun I've had in years!

Thanks everyone who came out for making the trip memorable, especially the lost-in-the-trails gang who helped me when I blew a fuse, Matt who sacrificed his Husky's case to the rock-god's so everyone else feel better about themselves, and Tom, Sharon, John and Judy for the help when my bike broke (again...) on the way home. Who knew the world could be so small that I would live 3 houses away from Tom and Sharon :D

Gotta love weather that makes puddles meaningless. Off to the shower!

edit - my mind is numb... mixing everyone's names up agh

P

Poco Red

imported post

imported post

Hope everyone dries out and made it out OK! Lol! Thanks for the track file Randy! Hope to try the run another day! Judy and crew thanks for all your efforts to put this together!

Attachments

• Spring Noob ride.jpg
    Spring Noob ride.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 0