DSBC will be at the 2008 MC Show!!!

JavaJude

Super Moderator
Bill, from 5[suP]th[/suP] Gear, has generously offered to host DSBC in the 5[suP]th[/suP] Gear display at the 2008 Vancouver Motorcycle Show. In return, DSBC has offered to assist 5[suP]th[/suP] Gear in their set up, tear down and Endurocross Race production (corner officials, etc).

Please PM me or email me, [email protected] to let me know that you want to volunteer. I will respond to everyone who contacts me.

We need members to volunteer 2 hours (or more if you like) of your time to promote DSBC to Show visitors and to help 5[suP]th[/suP] Gear with their motorcycle demonstrations.

More information will be posted on this forum when I have it.

-Judy-

Floored

imported post

imported post

Hey Jude,

I'll do what I can, I just have to figure out that'll be. It looks like I have to be in Seattle until Friday so possibly Fridaynight or Saturday morning.

Once I get confirmation on my appointmentI'll poste up.

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

My son and I can help out for a couple of hours on the Saturday.

sagot

imported post

imported post

That great! I can lend a hand. Iv'e done corner work for OMRRA a few times if that counts.

Is this at the show or a latter date.

Scott

T

tom thumb

imported post

imported post

hi Judy I would like to volunteer for the bike show regards Tom

DRuZer

imported post

imported post

I'm in too.
I can spring a shift or two on either Sat. or Sunday.
Let me know what's works best for DSBC/5th Gear.
Guy

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

:ted:

:tup:tom thumb, :tup:TLGREEN and :tup:floored you both have PMs and :tup:xrmike you have an email.

-Judy-

scottbc

imported post

imported post

Hi Judy,

I would like to offer to help set up the night before. If we need step ladders ect I can bring my work van which has most everything anyone could ever need.

Scott

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

scottbc wrote:
Hi Judy,

I would like to offer to help set up the night before. If we need step ladders ect I can bring my work van which has most everything anyone could ever need.

Scott

Scott

You have a PM

-Judy-

5thgear

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
imported post

imported post

We've ordered up some hoodies for all the volunteers, there nice ones too no cheap crap. They will let everyone know your working the event not a bystander plus security won't hassle you and you get in the show for free.

The major setup of the track will be on Wednesday, lot's of logs , concrete and other surprizes.

If anyone has a or knows of a good place to get 10 " or bigger spikes let us know. Those babies are expensive at home depot.

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Bill you're the best!!

I'll check with my supplier about those 10" nails.

How many do you think you'll need? I have a few off them around here from a past job. Call me or email me.

-Judy-

5thgear

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
imported post

imported post

Lot's of them more the better. The secret to winning this event is mousse tubes

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

:clap:Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to help out at the Motorcycle Show.

:tup:30+ members have generously donated their time to help promote DSBC and help out 5th Gear with the Endurocross events.

:hb:A few members have offered to help with the course set up and tear down. I will talk to Bill and find out what he needs from us, what time he wants us there and anything else that is important.

:ted:As I have told most of if not all of you, I will contact all the volunteers by email or PM closer to the Show and provide more info (ie: volunteer time, where to meet, what to do, where to get your passes, etc etc).

-Judy-

J

Jim

imported post

imported post

I was there thursday for 8 hours, never did find dual sport bc? I saw the banner out in the tent but there was no one under it, will look again another day.

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

5[suP]th[/suP] Gear has generously offered to host DSBC in their display at the 2008 Vancouver Motorcycle Show. In return, DSBC has offered to assist 5[suP]th[/suP] Gear in their set up, tear down and Endurocross Race production (corner officials, etc).

During the day yesterday several members were outside helping to set up the Endurocross course and last night several members of DSBC were involved in the She Rides events. Even on Wednesday night a couple of brave souls came out in the freezing cold to help out.

:clap:scottbc, summitteer, lmcdonald,North, Good350R, flying angel and rambocycle:clap:you folks are fantastic. Thanks!

31 DSBC members have volunteered to help out this weekend. You will see us at every Endurocross race out on the course assiting where needed.

Endurocross event times are Friday 7:30 - 8:30, Saturday 12:30 - 1:30, 7:00 - 8:00, Sunday noon - 1:30.

:TTT:There is alsoa rumour that the riders that went down to Baja will make their way to the Show. Keep an eye out for the White Bus.