DSBC will be at the 2008 MC Show!!!

J

Jim

imported post

imported post

Oh ok, when I was in there I don't think I saw anyone at the 5th gear booth, but that makes sense if you were all outside setting the other stuff up.

edzzed

imported post

imported post

I could offer to help saturday (tomorrow) between 12 noon and 3pm. been off the computer for some time and just read the post. Ed

Floored

imported post

imported post

Boy that was fun!The Endurocross was great, and made better by helping out on the course. Thanks Jude for my time slot and your organizing. Thanks Bill for a great event and hoodie.

Here's hoping that next year the log is a lot heavier, or lighter.:tup:

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

What another great day at the Show. Once again we had fantastic DSBC members helping. We moved a lot of hay bales around today and did track repairs and maintenance. Good job everyone.

:clap:Many thanks to Floored (all the way from Salt Spring Island), kawasakied (who road his bike to the show), tom thumb (I've never before seen a man pound in a 10" spike without drilling a guide hole first), Zeegy, XRmike, sodbuster (from the Island) and spiceboy

All volunteers that are coming on Saturday and Sunday WEAR SOMETHING WARM AND WATERPROOF. The course that we are working on is OUTSIDE

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Floored wrote:
Boy that was fun!The Endurocross was great, and made better by helping out on the course. Thanks Jude for my time slot and your organizing. Thanks Bill for a great event and hoodie.

Here's hoping that next year the log is a lot heavier, or lighter.:tup:

I'll have to make sure that I have two big strong men working that corner again. You guys were great.

XmikeR

imported post

imported post

Hope everyone gets home safe. I rode my bike, so I left as soon as it started to snow. It was a solid sheet of ice! I dumped twice, and I only had to ride about 15 km to get home.

Buck

imported post

imported post

Yikes! A few riders went over today from the Island.

At least Bearhuggers got thick skin to slide on. :shock:

vexorg

Flinger of mud
imported post

imported post

Got a few pix from the endurocross today at the show. It was cold out, but was worth standing around freezing my butt off to see it! Below are some of the better shots I got, videos and the rest of them are at http://www.penguinpowered.ca/gallery/v/bikepix/bikeshows/20080126/
IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

this one's kinda too blurry, but I still like it (the KTM rider didn't dump):

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

What an interesting day we had at the Bike Show. Thanks to those DSBC members who came out and froze their butts off!!!:dr:.

Just when the riders were finishing their heats in the above photos (thanks for posting those Vexorg, they look great)it began to snow. And did it ever snow!! It came down fast and furious. The trials riders and stunt riders moved their show in doors so we were kept busy moving hay bales and trials obstacles. When we were finished doing that we returned outside to work on the endurocross course. Moving jumps, shoveling snow, spreading salt, shoveling snow, pushing logs and (did I mention) shoveling snow.

Many thanks to bearhugger who came all the way over from the Island and spent the entire day helping out.

Many thanks also to IanB, dooveman, DRuZer, PistolPete, skidmark, kchip, XRmike (who came out again today . . . . We were up in the lounge watching you ride away on your bike in the snow) and summitteer (who came out again today)

And, of course, rambocycle, tomcycle (yup, he's back from Baja) and flying angel who were there again all day today as well.

Those of you coming to help out tomorrow wear warm clothes because we'll be outside in the rain, snow, or whatever. Also wear water proof footwear.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

For those of you coming out today we will have the DSBC Bus parked there and be serving hot coffee :cf2: for DSBC workers. Just ask JJ where the Bus is (will try and park close to the tent. Otherwise you will find us at the far South parking lot with the exhibitor trucks.

I

IanB

imported post

imported post

Hi Guy's

Sorry for my sudden disappearance at 6.00 last night. It seems the bowl of Chilli at lunch time did not agree with me !!:hr: I did a quick sweep round before I left, but didn't see anyone and by then I was looking at the Chilli again !! (if you know what I mean).:f:

Made it home after 'several stops' and crashed out into bed.

See you soon - Ian

Bearhugger

imported post

imported post

Wooooooohooooooooooooo, I made it home. The ride back to Burnaby was uneventful. The ride to the ferry this morning was an adventure unto itself. There was about a foot of snow when I got up in the morning. Of course the battery was dead because I must have hit the heated grips switch :( If anybody knows how the 950 is set up for the battery will know it in no easy task to jump start it (couldn't bump start because of lack of traction) Finally got the bike running around 10:30 (I had wanted to catch the 11:00 ferry) and got on my way. Because the snow was sticky, all the road signs were covered, I got lost and finally had to buy a map :( made it for the 1pm sailing just as they were loading the last car on the ferry. Victoria wasn't much better, good thing I know all the side roads and shortcuts as all the major roads were parking lots (ever lane split on ice :) )

I'de like to thank Judy for organizing this and that phsyco 5th Gear owner Bill for having us. It was well worth coming over to help out. Free admission, best seat in the house for every event, what more can you ask for? I was a popsicle when I got to the ferry and have now warmed up to melted ice cream :cf2:

PS, never dropped the bike once :)

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Despite the rain, hail, sleet, snow and freezing temperatures I'd do it again :dr:. :tup:That was the most exciting Bike Show that I have ever participated in. 5th Gear (Bill) you put togetheran amazing Endurocross event :clap:.

Once again, DSBC members came out and braved theweather to help with course maintenance and moving around those darn hay bales. But bearhugger was right when he said that we had the BEST seats in the house. The action was all around us and at times almost right on top of us. INCREDIBLE!!!!

Thanks to Skidmark formaking the arrangementsand getting usinvolved in this event:tup:

Many thanks to Taxguy and son-of-Taxguy, sagot and North (who came out for a second time to help this weekend) as well as summitteer. Also Hawk and Vince. I think today was the toughest day and everyone pitched in and did more than their share.

Also flying angel, rambocycle and tomcycle were there all day again. Eveyone was so great and put up with me being so bossy :wi:(I can't help it, it's in my nature).

Whoever has photos please post them.

vexorg

Flinger of mud
imported post

imported post

I forgot to mention that after the endurocross, some crazy yahoo jumped in the forklift and started moving the cars around!

DSC00577.JPG

DSC00578.JPG

Btw, forklifts also make for good heaters.
DSC00581.JPG

Buck

imported post

imported post

vexorg wrote:
I forgot to mention that after the endurocross, some crazy yahoo jumped in the forklift and started moving the cars around!
Hope he didn't damage them!

sodbuster

imported post

imported post

Hey Jude, sure glad I volunteered to help out. Thanks Bill for the GREAT show you put on,the quad riding was spectacular, I didn't think a quad could do all the things you put it thru. The hoodie sure came in handy because of the cold. Eurocross,wicked!I also enjoyed meeting all you mainland guys!