Dual Sport Tent Camping advice

Wadz

Hi guys, I know many don't generally like to share their secret tent camping spots but I'm hoping I can twist someones arm and I promise to keep it in the vault. I've got a three day pass to get out of town on the bike and I'm trying to find a camping spot that within 3.5 hours including the Ferry if I decide to go that way. I don't need hook ups or power of course just a really cool place on the water, river, lake, Oceanside, sandy beach would be awesome of course. I know my wish list may sound a little rich but just thought I'd ask you guys if you have any advice. I know some spots are first come first serve so trying to reserve on line may not be the way to go, maybe I should just hit the road. I was looking at Ruckle Provincial Park as it just looks so amazing and relaxing to kick back with a cold one and look out on the water but like most its booked dano. It doesn't necessarily need to be a provincial park just looking for a place to park by bike beside my pitched tent, cook a good hot meal and drink a cold one. Love to hit Vancouver Island, the closer the better as I'd prefer to load up the Husky 501 with my tank bag, fender, tail bag, panniers and hit the road. Many thanks guys, WADZzz

Rustic

DSBC President / BCORMA Treasurer
Staff member
Where you headed out from, is the 3.5 hours a hard limit.

Wadz

Hi Rustic, sorry for the late reply. I ended up leaving for Chelan Washington and what a place to relax and or ride. Such a beautiful sleepy town on the lake. I stay at Lake Shore RV right on the Lake. So beautiful. My 5 year son fished for the first time and caught his first fish, a Cut Throat Troat. I think I was more excited than him. Check it out. LOL https://youtu.be/JluqivHvxJY