DualsportBC Interior The Trifecta Tour May 31 - June 5 2005

640in604

This thread has been moved here from Kamloops Chit Chat section. We'll try to use this thread for all regions involved in this ride.

Attendees:(I'll edit this list as we go along)

1. 640in604 (all sections)
  2. Joker (Kamloops, Kelowna)
  3. Rusty (Kamloops...)
  4. TomT
  5. Rambocycle
  6. dirtybill
  7. JZ (maybe)

640in604 wrote:
DualsportBC Threesome
(maybe renamed soon)
Kelowna-Kamloops-Cariboo
1 week: May 31st through June 5th

This is only 3 months away, and I'd like to get planning. The intent is to do a little dualsport riding with each club during this week. Some of the guys (that have the holidays) may want to do more than one of the three rides. I was hoping the 3 rides would make a great week long dualsport trip with campouts along the way.

I was just going to selfishly get some rides organized for myself, with any available riders from Kelowna, Kamloops, and Cariboo DualsportBC areas. But then I thought, hey, a week of dualsport riding all over the interior of BC sounds good to me, I bet this could be something a bunch of DualsportBC guys would be interested in.

I'm arriving in Armstrong on Monday May 30th for my wife's horseshow, and would be able to take off either that night or the next AM (preferable).

May 31st Tues: Ride to Cariboo (as much offroad as time permits)
June 1st Wed: Cariboo Riders + Campout
June2nd Thurs:Kamloops Bound + Campout
June3rd Fri: Kamloops Riders + Campout
June4th Sat: Ride Kamloops to Kelowna + Campout (offroad)
June 5th Sun: Kelowna Ride ending (for me) in Armstrong

Or something along those lines.

I'll post this on each club's "Chat" area, and hopefully we can get some input on this. I would basically need ONE guy from each area to plan a ride for the date(s) shown, if interested. SO chime in if you are interested.

The consolation if I am unable to get someone local to organize a ride, is to plan one myself. We only have 3 months before the event so I'd like to get the planning down soon, so let me know.

CHEERS!:hb:

Paul

ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG
then

joker650 wrote:
Hay Paul,,, I'll post my reply here also,,,,, Just to keep it local:p

Kamloops Dualsport Riders will set up an overnight ride for :

Friday June 3rd:

Local single track / logging roads /Bush trails

Nobel lake/ Batchelor/ Inks/ Greenstone mtn/ Chewels lake/ Mile High/ Lac-lejune/ Rossmore lake/ Roche lake/ Black lake/ Ernest/ Maglaushin lake/and Campbell lake overnight.

I may be able to get someone to haul all our gear to the overnight spot( including food, booze and fuel). This will free up riders to ride... and Just Give'r !

Saturday June 4th:

Wing it (GPS IT) to Kelowna from Campbell lake ,,all dirt road.

Paul will impress us with his mapping skills.:dr:Go Pauly,,Go Pauly!!!

I will update this after I take a better look at a map. Too many wobblie pops tonight. Well not too many ,,,kind just enough to have all those map lines screw me up!! Kinda like my trip to Hollywood when I was 20 with a buddy,,,, But thats another story! NEVER did see Hollywood !!

Sunday June 5th:

Going to leave that up to KTM Ken. Well maybe not all up to Ken .:p

Give'r:cool:
640in604 wrote:
joker650 wrote:
Saturday June 4th:

Wing it (GPS IT) to Kelowna from Campbell lake ,,all dirt road.

Paul will impress us with his mapping skills.:dr:Go Pauly,,Go Pauly!!!
GPStoKelowna.JPG

196kms almost all offroad. Everyone have big enough gas tanks for this?If not, we could map in a gas stop. This isn't carved in stone, just took 5 minutes to come up with. We can come up with junk like this on-the-fly too.

Just itching to ride!
Paul
joker650 wrote:
So there I am........ Impressed !:clap:

I 'm prety sure that I will be able to get fuel cans brought up to Campbell lake so we can all start off with a full tank. 200km's is my max limit, but I may bring an extra gallon of juice.

I'm itchen to JustGive'r !!:cool:
tomcycle wrote:
Lots of riding to do this year and not to mention the rides that need organising but I think you can count me and Sharon in:dr: & :hf:

TT
Starbucks wrote:
yeah, if i can't do the full week, i'll do the weekend fo sho'

how do you do that whip crackin thing too???:spl::hb::spl:

Joker call me on my cell tommorow night between 5 and 7 on my cell and we'll hook up the trailer thing. Tom's getting me a big tank, so I'm ready to give'r on this one!

805 0375

dsjhfkglj
rusty wrote:
JOKER give me a call, i'm volunteering to be on the organizing committee!

rusty shackleford
joker650 wrote:
640,,, What's ur ETA into Kamloops?

Thursdat night?
640in604 wrote:
I was thinking of riding off road to 'Loops most of the day, so probably arriving early evening (dinner time)around Kamloops.

This schedule was just an "idea", let's be flexible, if you have some other ideas, let's hear 'em.:D

May 31st Tues: Ride to Cariboo (as much offroad as time permits)
June 1st Wed: Cariboo Riders + Campout
June2nd Thurs:Kamloops Bound + Campout
June3rd Fri: Kamloops Riders + Campout
June4th Sat: Ride Kamloops to Kelowna + Campout (offroad)
June 5th Sun: Kelowna Ride ending (for me) in Armstrong

My constraints are: Can leave anytime after Monday evening (preferably Tues early AM). Ride as many different areas of BC (Chilcotin, Cariboo, Okanagan, Kootenays?)Must be back in Armstrong on Sunday.

Damn, all this ride planning is killin me, I want to quit work and just go ride until November. Any suggestions on winning lotto numbers would be greatly appreciated.

:hb:

Paul
ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG
Rambocycle wrote:
tomcycle wrote:
Lots of riding to do this year and not to mention the rides that need organising but I think you can count me and Sharon in:dr: & :hf:

TT
yea baby yea baby...

Are we there yet?? I am so in.

S

zyxwv (not sure what the heck jz/sb is about with this but...ok):cf2:
OK, the thread is relocated to this section now.

joker650

imported post

imported post

Ok,,, Saturday,April 2nd , I will pre run and mark out the Nobel and Inks rout.

Leave my place about 10 am, should be about a 5hour trip.

If time permits will do the Campbell loop also. ( that will be an extra 3 hours)

Who's in . . . Who wants to Just Give'r...:dr:?

Rusty ?

04KLR ?

Hoots ?

Mr.p.pen ?

Jmf'nZBuks?

640in604

imported post

imported post

I wanna Give'r!!

I'm a 40% maybe.:? Sounds like a killer ride dood!:cool:

edit:

Joker, I am upgrading myApril 2 -Pre-Run Attendance probability to 90%!!I will drive upearly Sat AM with the 640 in the truck.

Cheers!
ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG
:hb:

joker650

imported post

imported post

40% ! Thats it , only 40 stinken % ?:wi:

Right on man,, sounds great!

Gunna have to call ya 'Paulie Pre-runner' :tup:

S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

OK guys I am in for the 4, 5, 6 weekend for sure now and Joker I will take Friday off so you and I can RV and get things set up as per what we talked about over the phone. I can't exactly remember what we talked about...something aobut needing help with a trailer on friday...but you got it man, I'm in call me on the cell again and we'll get it sorted out...Odessa and the Trifecta...what a season it is shaping up to be...Give'ah!

Blartucks :hb:

joker650

imported post

imported post

Sharon, book Friday off, you and Tom drive up here Thursday night, and ride Friday / Saturday and Sunday. Go home Sunday night. We can arrive back in Kamloops when ever needed.

You and Tom can stay here on the floor in the house Thursday night. Actually there should be a spare bed in the play room. Any how, we got lots of room !

joker650

imported post

imported post

So here it is..

On Thursday night at arround 6:30 - 7pm, I will take all my gear, food and :hb:up to the trailer at the lake. This will allow me all day Friday to ride with no gear straped to my bike.

Anyone here by that time can throw their stuff in my truck and I will take it up there also. There is a Coopers food store and booze store down the street from my house to grab supplies.

You are welcome to stay at my house, but will need your own bedding. Bring an extra set for at the house if I am delivering your sleeping bag and pillow to the lake.

For fuel, I was thinking of bringing up gas cans. But there is a gas station about 10 min as the Dual-sport flies, and I think it will be easier to to hit the gas station and then back-track 10km to the beginning of the day-2 route.

:clap:Saturday morning I will make a Pancake breakfast:br:, and I will also have drinking water on site.:cf2:!

This is not a swimming lake(just to let you know), so try not to sweat too much on Friday!

There are 5 beds in the trailer, I will be in one and the others are up for grabs. Bunk-beds at the back(sleeps2), fold down table (1 or2:mi:), fold down couch(sleeps 1) and the master bed room(sleeps 1 Joker:dr:).

It is an older trailer, not like the Taje-Mahal of last year! But there are no bugs or mice.:tup:

Any questions please e-me @ [email protected] , and I will give you my home :talk:#.

I will post more info here as i remember it,, the beer is starting to take ovre:dr:,,,, :hb:

This trip is gunna R O C K !!

Anyone interested, we will pre-trip the 1st leg April 2nd. Hope we can get some company, should be about an 8 hour ride. And muddy too:clap:

JustGive'r:cool:

640in604

imported post

imported post

Just got back from a whirlwind trip to Orlando :p(stupid meetings, no playtime:( - dang it all). I was was too tired :cf2:after the red-eye flight to rent a bike and ride out to Daytona Beach:cool:. B'sides, the only non Harleys for rent were a Honda VTX1300 and a 1800cc Goldwing:?. Just can't picture me on a 700lb Metric Cruiser just yet. Or a Hog.Hehe.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...Great planning Joker!

This ride will be greatwith that sort of effort. I know you were crystal clear in your last post, but I just wanna verify.

1. If I can make it down to your place Thursday evening from wherever the hell I am by 6:30 or so latest, I can give you my panniers and camping stuff for you to take to Campbell Lake and drop off with the "Hanging Gardens of Dualsport Babylon" trailer.(trying to stick with the 7 wonders of the world theme:cool:). Of course I'll come for the drive with ya if there's room. SHOTGUN!

2. Drive back to Kamloops, drink beer (optional;)) and overnight it on Greg's floor/lawn/bathtub/garage or whatevah.

3. Friday AM - Epic day of Trailriding led by the Mastah Trail-Blastahz JOKAH and RustyBeerCapz?!! Finishing the day at Campbell Lake for cold Bee-ahhz.:hb:

4. Saturday the adventure continues to Kelowna....

Sounds Sah-weet to me. I have basically figured out a 2 day trip as far north as Barkerville all offroad from Armstrong starting on the Tuesday AM. It's actually possible in 1 day, but it would be too long of a day for most I think.Enough gas and food stops for the shorter range bikes. And a place to pick up some cold"pops", and something for the firenear the end of the day.

I was planning the Tuesday overnnight at the Canim Lake Lodge, where you can tent or get a cabin/motel room. I've had the RV there before, it's very reasonably priced plus good showers, firepits, and a group area etc...

Lots of time on Day 2 to enjoy the old Barkerville townsitein the daylight and setup camp at the Provincial Park, or optionally get started on the southbound leg to Kamloops. I'll post the route map and info real soon.

ByThursday PM we'dhaveto get back down to Joker's in Kamloops via a route I'll figure out soon. I want to try to get some of the Sheridan Lake trails that I love so much,into theride on the way from Quesnel/Barkerville to Kamloops perhaps. It may be that Barkerville will be too far North to be able to make it a loop offroad that will get us back to Kamloops Thursday, so I may reroute once I figure out the southbound portion.

I'm just catching up on the threads, so I don't know if we've heard from Russel yet. That could change the plans in Cariboo/Chilcotin based on what his ideas are.

"Paging Russel Dyck to the white courtesy phone..."

Oh, and for safety I'll be bringing a satellite phone along for the whole ride. Stay-tuned sportsfans.

ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

joker650

imported post

imported post

1. If I can make it down to your place Thursday evening from wherever the hell I am by 6:30 or so latest, I can give you my panniers and camping stuff for you to take to Campbell Lake and drop off with the "Hanging Gardens of

Thats right Paul, we can load up the Ford. It's a super-cab so 3 or 4 of us can make the run to the "Rat's Nest":spl:! And theres nothing stoping anyone from riding their bike up there either if their looking for a quick rip.:tup:

I can be somewhat flexable on the delivery time, but it is about a 45min drive there and I don't want to be back too late.

Give'r:tup:

joker650

imported post

imported post

[align=center] Just reminder..[/align]

[align=center]April 2nd will be the pre-run/ pee on the trees mark the rout run ![/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Drink up and fill the bladder,,, it's gunna be a long day ![/align]

[align=center]Give'r:cool:[/align]

[align=center]:tup:[/align]

joker650

imported post

imported post

In the words of the infamous 640in604(what ever that means) !

"Paging.... KTM Ken to the white courtesy phone please":talk::talk::talk:

Ken , I need help in lining up a campsite for up to 10 riders for Saturday night June 4th. Paul insists that it is within walking distance of a pup :hb:

Unless you have any other ideas. P.M me your phone # and I will call you.:tup:

And are you going to join us for the weekend starting from Kamloops ? Cuz you should !:wi:

640in604

imported post

imported post

Walking distance to a pub was not mandatory, I can make a beer run into town and fill the Aluminum Panniers with beer and ice!!

Joker, I am upgrading myApril 2 -Pre-Run Attendance probability to 90%!!I will drive upearly Sat AM with the 640 in the truck.

ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

ktmken

imported post

imported post

Hey, who is calling me on the white phone. I told you guys that was for emergency use only.

The only campground that I can think of that is walking distance to a pub would be.....well, I can't think of any. Why don't you try reserving a spot at Bear Creek Provincial camp ground.

http://wlaphttp://www.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/bearcrk.htm]http://www.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/bearcrk.htm]http://wlaphttp://www.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/bearcrk.htm[/url]

That is right down the road from the Bear creek dirt bike riding area. It is about 8 minutes from downtown Kelowna if you are riding a KTM, a little longer if you are riding another brand:p

Another choice would be the Fintry Provincial Park

http://wlaphttp://www.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/fintry.htm]http://www.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/fintry.htm]http://wlaphttp://www.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/fintry.htm[/url]

It is just down the road about 1/2 hr towards Vernon on the West side of the Lake.

I think you want to stay away from camping in Kelowna, It gets to be wall to wall people.

I don'tthink I will be able to join you for the pre-run, but I am trying to join you for the run from Kamloops area to Kelowna.

Joker, you should have my phone numbers from a previous pm,

KTM Ken

640in604

imported post

imported post

Staying away from Kelowna proper is probably a good idea. It is a zoo :mb::shoot::wi:during the summer. Maybe there's a forestry site or something we can invade somewhere not so close, but has a lake. Jackpine Lk, Lambly Lk? Comments, suggestions?

ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

joker650

imported post

imported post

Last summer I stayed at Bear Creekthere were a couple good sites where the creek went into the lake.

I was thinking that if we could reserve 2 or 3 in this area it would be prety cool. A creek right there and no one behind us or beside us. And there is shower and running water facilities.:clap:. And they sell ice.:hb:

I'll check the net for a map of the park and see if those spots are open for the night we need.:talk:

Unless Ken has lots of room in his back yard !!;)

Glad to hear bout the 90% buddy :tup:!!

That would be great if you could join us for the Friday/ Saturday ride Ken :tup:

:dr: Can't waite guys, , , this is gunna R O C K !!:dr:

joker650

imported post

imported post

About the weather here.

It's been raining off and on here, but warm when the sun does come out.

The snow level is at about 1100 meters.

This pic is at 1050meters
16march26_05_dirtbike_020-med.jpg

[line]

The frost is starting to come out of the ground at 1100 meters. It makes the ground prety soft!

I did a kinda slow "Pose fur thecamera" crossing. Sunk the back end in the mud and hadto push!!!:mad3:

16March_28_05_bike_013-med.jpg

16March_28_05_bike_015-med.jpg

16March_28_05_bike_016-med.jpg

[line]

Inks lake is at an elevation of 1125 meters, we will ride from there to greenstone mtn which is at an elevation of 1793 meters.

In this pic Inks and Greenstone mtn are visable in the upper left side ,,,, the white area!!

I took this pic today March 28 @ 2pm

16march26_05_dirtbike_004-med.jpg

So anyhow, as of today the Nobel Lake area looks clear of snow but will be a nice dust- free kinda muddy splash ur friend sorta ride next weekend.:dr:

As for Greenstone,,,, we may be able to do some of Inks lake area, then scoot over to Rossmore and check that rout out. It all depends how warm it gets this week.

If Greenstone doesn't thaw out at all we will make it a Nobel lake / North side of Kamloops lake trip. :tup:

It will be a great ride what ever happens.:clap:

Anyone coming from out of town for the pre trip (April2nd)can crash here Friday or Saturday night,,, so long as u aint no freak !:wi:

This is Kamloops lake
16KamlkAp10_011-med.jpg

ktmken

imported post

imported post

Excellent ride report with BIG PICTURES. Man you are the Man, Looks like you had fun playing in the mud.

Ken

640in604

imported post

imported post

Nice pics Joker! I'll be up early Sat AM with my tractor treads on!!

640in604
ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

D

dickster

imported post

imported post

Just logged on. Am looking for some people to ride with. This looks like a good opportunity to wet my feet (literally and figuratively).

I live about 0.5hrs. east of 100 Mile House near Canim Lake. Iride a 2004 KLR650.

I love my bike.

Looking forward,

Dick Hall :tup:

Attachments

• KLR650_rhs_bg.jpg
    KLR650_rhs_bg.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0

640in604

imported post

imported post

Welcome to the asylum dickster!

Although there's a Cariboo section on this Forum, there is a ton of guys with KLRs that hang out here at the following yahoo site:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/cariboodualsport/

Russel Dyck from Quesnel gave me that link. Hope to see you on some rides this year, I am hoping that this ride (The Trifecta) will stop in at Canim Lake possibly.

Cheers!:hb:

Paul 640in604
ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG