DualsportBC Interior The Trifecta Tour May 31 - June 5 2005

joker650

imported post

imported post

Paul maybe you should show The Dickster the way down here to the Real Asylum on your way back. Then he can join us on the Trifecta :tup:

It Snowed on Greenstone today. It was actually snowing at the truck stop also today at about 9am:mad3:!

U know the spot,,, just past where you rescued that guy with the Gimpy Fingar last year:)!

640in604

imported post

imported post

The snowline is pretty low here down here too...The coquihalla and the summits will be snowy, but I'm coming up regardless. I'm going to step up the voltage on the vest to 24Volts andmake grilledcheese sandwiches in my front pockets! Toasted tastes better!

JustGive'r:cool:

[shadow=gray]640in604[/shadow]
[/b]
ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

]

R

rusty

imported post

imported post

well the weather here really sucks today, but hopefully it clears up by saturday! i'll be ready to give'r with my heated vest on sat morning! rusty chainlinks :hb:

640in604

imported post

imported post

"We don't expect any precipitation from Friday evening to Saturday evening." - the weather network report for Kamloops:cool:

I have room in the truck for one more bike, but this train is leaving Aldergrove at 6:00AM Sat. and not returning until Sun AM.

Cheers!

640in604

ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

ktmken

imported post

imported post

How many people are showing up for this ride and where in Kamloops are you meeting and at what time?:?

joker650

imported post

imported post

hay Ken ,, Saturday April 2nd is the pre trip.. Are u gunna join us! .

5are gunna rip up the bush tomorrow. We are leaving my place at 10am. Join ua and stay overnight. We are gunna bbq after and have aome Wobblie-Pops:hb:

I will pm u my phone #:talk:

Actualluy u should be here tonight cuz I'm putting on 2 new tires. And you were goung to do that for me,,,, Remember!!:wi:

640in604

imported post

imported post

I'm a little late gettin on the road - but I'm loaded up and leaving now. See ya soon.

Greg call me with your phone# so I can get reminded how to find ya.

640in604

joker650

imported post

imported post

Well after the Pre-Ride ,,, I think I will change the rout a little.

To allow us to get to the overnight stop at a descent time, we will skip the Nobel lk section. This will allow us to make a few extra detours and scenic stops that I really wanted to include on this trip.

Chewels Lake is one of them

Campbell Bluffs

Rossmore lk

Rossmore lk

joker650

imported post

imported post

Here is the route from Kamloops.

Day 1: approx 200km

Leave Westsyde 9am Friday June 3rd.

Some pavement to join up major areas but mostly small bush roads and 4x4 trails. Arrive at Campbell lake arround 4pm and make quick trip to Barnhardvale(10km) for fuel up and return to camp for:hb:.

Day 2: approx 200km

Leave Camp 9-10am ride all forestry roads from Campbell lk to Douglas lk through to Penask lk and down to Kelowna through Bear Creek. (I hope Paul's GPS doesn't break down!)

Camp overnight in Kelowna.

Day 3 : approx200km

Day 3 will be 80% pavement for anyone heading back to Kamloops from Kelowna.

I will be riding the pavement on the Westside rd to hwy 97 down to Falkland, and then to Chase and back to Kamloops via Pinitan/Paul lake.

Rambocycle

imported post

imported post

It is with much and I mean MUCH SADNESS:( that I (Sharon) am not going to be able to make this ride. I tried to get it off but someone beat me to it and they apparently need it for some useless home thing with their kids...bah:mad2:

I apologize about this and telling you so late .. Tom is still intending on going however.

I sure wish I had of now been able to go to the early one...bah humbug on me.

The pics look great and I am green with envy!

Have fun guys.!! :hb:

Sharon

R

rusty

imported post

imported post

has everyone coming on the trifecta figured out how to strap all their gear to their bikes yet?

with this weather it looks like we'll be swimming in okanagan lake withmany many cold beverages!

rusty luggage compartments

640in604

imported post

imported post

I just wrote a very long post, then closed the window before I sent it. CRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here's the "Cole's Notes" version.

[line]

I won't be in Armstrong until Wednesday afternoon or evening - I think. I will be riding Thursday AM to Kelowna, then hit Bear Creek FSR and find a route to Kamloops that's fun. The locked gates I ran into up around there on the May long weekend has me convinced that I had better prerun that section Thursday, so we don't have a whole bunch of guys tearing around looking for a road that works on the weekend.

My harddrive crashed on the laptop, and of course I don't keep my Garmin directory backed up. I will have to reload the software and try and find a couple potential routes for the Thursday ride. I am going to try and make it to Joker's place by 4:00PM, but I will phone or email to this forum and let you guys know how I am making out on the plateau.

The Telus 1X coverage up there is amazing, so I can email, and post to this website from almost anywhere north of the connector and south of Kamloops. Amazing.

I am also picking up the satellite phone tomorrow, so we will be well equipped. Anyone wanting to join me on the Thursday ride from Armstrong, Vernon, Kelowna, Bear Crk FSR to Kamloops can post here or PM me. The riding won't be too technical, I'm sure cause I'll have my panniers on.

It may also be that I'm riding up on Thursday AM fromAldergrove...I'll know for sure by this afternoon...

Interior group-riding tip: a bandana over your nose and mouth will keep a lot of the fine dust out of your nose and sinuses.

Cheers!
640in604

ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

joker650

imported post

imported post

We have 5 riders on the Kamloops / Kelowna leg.

640in604

Rustybeercaps

Joker

JZLMNOPBC

KTM Ken

We have room for 3 more riders.:wi:

Anyone wanting to join the ride but can not make the Friday rout can still join up for the Saturday/Sunday ride from Campbell Lake to Kelowna.

Reply here or PM me and I will give the alternate meeting point for Friday night or Saturday Morning.

I have reserved 2 campsites at Bear CreekCampground, that will hold 4 riders and 4 bikes per site. Cost will be about $12 per rider.

There is a shower shack and I think it's about a buk for 2 min . I have stayed here before and it's prety nice. If the Millfoil weed aint too bad you can eve swim in Okanagan Lk.

Don't let the wife push you arround!:mad3:

has everyone coming on the trifecta figured out how to strap all their gear to their bikes yet?

with this weather it looks like we'll be swimming in okanagan lake withmany many cold beverages!

rusty luggage compartments

Pack a sleeping bag, tent, pillow, blankey,teddy bear, tooth brush, tools,bank card, cash,lisence,cell phone,357,and water for on the trail.

Use 12 bungee cords to fasten it all to the DR. Or put some in a pac-sac and some on the bike.Keep the heavy stuff low.

Thursday night we can buy our food and refreshments for Campbell lk at Coopers by my house then deliver it all to the lake in my truck that night.

Saturday lunch ... may be at a lodge , but have something in ur travel bag just in case the lodges don't serve "Dirt Bikers".( As we found out at Mile High Lodge):mad3:

Saturday dinner will be dine in Kelowna somewhere ( Bostons Pizza?) and return to camp with a pack full of cool bevvies:hb:

Sunday Morning.... hit Kelowna for brunch , then hit the trails back to where ever the hell ya came from. ( Rout not planned , will play it by ear)

This is a verry informal ride..." Its not the destenation, it's the journey"

But it's also all the beer at the destenation:dr:

640in604

imported post

imported post

This is a note for all of those reading these posts thinking that they couldn't possibly ride with these Give'rDualsporters.

[line]

After the last ride "Greenstone Pre Run", we were sitting around enjoying our smokies and beers wondering why there are dualsport bikes everywhere, 200+ guys signed up on this site, yet it's the same 12 people in various combinations coming out on the rides.

JZ and I drove up to Kamloops from the lowermainland, offeringa ride up and a place tostay, but there were no takers. This was a chance to ride some of the best dualsporting available, riding with locals who know the roads and trails. It was awesome!

I'm concerned that maybe it looks like this is some clique of people that is unapproachable, or too intimidating for a new person to get involved. I hope that is not the case, and I suppose this post is just a means of explanation or a new "welcome" to the other members of the DualsportBC association.

We are riders of varying skill levels and everyone rides at their own comfort level. Noone gets left behind, and noone is forced to ride beyond their ability. We are just out to have a fun ride, and make it safe for all.

We're not a bunch of jackasses, although it may seem like that at times on this forum, we're just a bunch of dual sporters from every conceivable background of vocation and riding ability.

So if you're one of those that are intimidated, sitting on the sidelines thinking " Those guys are just going to be on-the-mainjet (WFO) all day, and that's not for me!" Think again. Come out and enjoy the backroads of BC, it's a wonderful place, and your sure to meet some nice folks.

Or if you have a bike, and don't know what to do, or where to start, just call me at sixzero four - three zero eight -two five zero nine. I'd be glad to help you get organized and come on out and join us.

Cheers!

Paul Burke
aka 640in604
ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

joker650

imported post

imported post

The weather will be not too bad..

Friday chance of showers and highs of 24.

Saturday sun and clowd, no percip, and highs of 26.

It's been raining off and on here for the past 2 days but still a nice temp. U folk at the coast would probably not even call this rain, maybe light sprinkles:p.

All this weather will make our trip basically dust free and the trails saaaah-weet with mud and water holes !!:tup:coooooool

Bring layers , spare socks and gloves . You WILL get wet:dr:!!

Joker is pumped and ready to roost !!

See ya Thursday afternoon:tup:

640in604

imported post

imported post

I've got a brand new Teraflex nature notcher on the back, so I'm ready for whatever the trail conditions. They have relabeled the tire from 140-80-18 to 150-90-18 (which is a little more accurate to its size).

Work has just been insane lately, so I'll be up late getting ready (late for me is 11 hehe). I'll hit the road early in the AM, and probably top off gas in Hope (should be good for another 400+kms), head right up the Coquihalla just for expedience, then exit at Coldwater.

East through Brookmere, then across the mountains to Otter Valley Road and then onto 5A. North to Bates Rd before Aspen Grove then East on Bates to Loon Lk Rd then North under the connector and try and find my way over to Pennask FSR. North on Pennask to Douglas Creek to the South end of Douglas Lk.

Then I'll try and find my way up to Lauder Rd, Peterhope Rd. then eventually over to Trapp Lk Rd. From there, there are several routes to Campbell Lk that are fun. And I know that way back at Pennask FSR, turning the other direction will intersect Bear Creek FSR.

So that will be my plan. And of course, we know the adventurebegins when things stop going as planned...

640in604
ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

joker650

imported post

imported post

Good luck Paul have a goooood trip :tup:

I have taken off Thursday from work . So if anyone wants to show up early I will be home all day staining deck boards and doing some "Prep Work" on the ol-DR.
I've got a brand new Teraflex nature notcher on the back, so I'm ready for whatever the trail conditions.

Man...... now we gotta dodge dem boulders again!!

joker650

imported post

imported post

Paul....

I hope u haven't made any " Last second mods" to the bike !:p

Let the Trifecta begin!:cool: