640in604

imported post

imported post

joker650 wrote:
  Paul....

I hope u haven't made any " Last second mods" to the bike !:p

Let the Trifecta begin!:cool:

Who me?

I just arrived at Joker's place, he's off pickin up Mrs Joker.

Suffice it to say, I had a nice 7 hour shakedown ride and all is running well.

Where' Rusty?

Cheers!
640in250

joker650

imported post

imported post

Yearrrrdy,,,,,, thy Irish whishky tis hitt'n me ard!

I's rearrrrr'in to Jyst Gyvr'e :dr:

We heve set up camp at the lake and are back at the shack.

Buks is shown up t'mallie afternoon !!!!!!!!

We's gunna have a blast!!

PS.... This is "PUI Thursday" :hb:

Hay KKKKen...... Where the hell are yeeeee ?

Joker250

Rusty250

ktmken

imported post

imported post

I am here....I have this real slight problem.....I would love to be riding with you this weekend, but I have to WORK. While you guys are off playing and discovering everything that the Okanagan has to offer I am stuck behind a desk dreaming about how awesome it would be to be on the 1st Annual Trifecta Ride.

Pictures would be nice.

I am going to try and hook up with the ride Sat afternoon, I hope

12571679-S.jpg

ktmken

imported post

imported post

I met the group on the Trifecta Tour for dinner in Kelowna last night. From the sounds of the stories they are telling we are missing a great ride. I was a little (a lot) envious I wasn't part of it.

24041516-S.jpg

640in604

imported post

imported post

4 1/2 hours riding in the rain, and I'm home safe and sound. Let me say that the "First Gear - Kilimajaro" Jacket is a strong buy recommendation.

More later.

640in604
ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

R

rusty

imported post

imported post

Well the trifecta was a great success... another 865 kms racked up on the odometer. Lots of riding, dust and a few fix-it projects! Thanks to Joker for planning the camping spots both nights. We give'der! Bring on the pics!

rusty beercaps

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

I want to see pictures:clap:Are you guys tired???? Did you take any???

joker650

imported post

imported post

Well here are some pictures. I posted some but somehow they ended up on 640in604's gallery. I will post some more in my gallery also.

Tom...... yes we had a good time and yes I was tired. I haven't done a ride like that in a long time.

After a late night if "refreshments", Friday morning started off at 9am.

We headed up to the truck stop for breakfast and then gave'r to Greenstone mtn.

The 640 had a delema with the rear sprocket at Chewels lk, so we headed back to Kamloops and hit the KTM dealer RTR Performance where they installed a new set of sprockets and chain for Paul.( Ya gotta love having the plate on your dirtbike !)

While the 640in250 was on the repair crate, Paul and Rusty made a 'special' friendship. I don't know if they ever decided who was the beoach.

The only other repair needed was a flat from a drywall screw i picked up in Kelowna.

Day 1 was 240km of super duper riding. From pavement to mtn tops to grasslands and finishing at Campbell lk.

Starbuks was a little late showing up Friday night but he gave it his best to make the meeting time.

For the rest of the ride there were 4 riders. But KTM Ken joined us for beer in Kelowna

Day 2 was a great day for a GPS ride.

Thanks to the GPS skills of Rusty and Paully we made it to Douglas lk.

Every where we went the refreshments were cold

The scenery was great !

And some people were fashon statements !!

Day 2 started at 10am( again after a late night ) and ended 280km later in Kelowna

this is neer Penask lake

Day 3 was again GPS'n back to Kamloops.

I clocked 750km on this trip. I would like to do this rout again next year.

I will post some more pic shortly.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Nice Pictures, a job well done:hb:. Get next years date done and I will make it up, I took on too much this year:wi:( I said I wouldn't, but I did)and have had no time to go and ride with you guys. Next year I am only working on one run (Dead Zone) and going riding with everyone else for the rest of the year

TT

G

imported post

imported post

tomcycle wrote:
Nice Pictures, a job well done:hb:. Get next years date done and I will make it up, I took on too much this year:wi:( I said I wouldn't, but I did)and have had no time to go and ride with you guys. Next year I am only working on one run (Dead Zone) and going riding with everyone else for the rest of the year

TT

Did we say you could ride with us?

S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

my ass is still sore and my left toe has been numb for one week. i am in victoria right now and will post pics when i get back it was great!

Rambocycle

imported post

imported post

Guys,

The pics look awesome and I am so sorry I couldn't make it either. Some other fools took my week off from work...go figure...:X

Anyway other than the water crossing, it looks as if I missed a great ride...

Next year I certainly hope I can make it. :hb:

Sharon

joker650

imported post

imported post

So there we were... Me and Paul "Given'r" over a cattle guard through the grassy planes of the Douglas lk road.

When Paul hit it..... his left panner box decided to eject from the bike ( I think it was a way to prevent the "DR" from passing him) at about 90kph.... right in front of me !!

Well the damn thing hit the hard- pack about 20 feet in front of my front wheel and I thought "Hollie crap...... I gotta hit the brakes "!!

But as soon as it contacted the ground it immediatly hit an rpm of what I would estimate to be about 10,000rpm !!

Then I realized that " Hay ... I have lots of time to stop" It traveled about 110 feet before it stoped on the road right in front of me.

Russ and JZ pulled up right behind me and stopped. We all said the same thing.." Did you see that fkn thing fly man,, HOLLIE CRAP"!and man we had a good laugh !!

Meanwhile ol-Paul, sensing the DR was still right on his a**, held er full throttle and dissapeared over the gentel hill and arround the long sweeping set of corners that lay ahead.,, andthe three of us listened for a good 5 - 10 min and could still hear the rumble of the ol- Katoom in the distance! Well what were we to do ? Guess we might as well call this a break time. So we settled back on the side of the road in a grassy field under a tree in the shade and had a beer.

I went over to the panner box and was kinda leary of opening it cuz I thought he had his beer in it andbecause of the speed it was spinning at , all I could think of was what happend to Holmer's beer that Bart Simpson took to the paint shop and put in the paint shaker/ mixer !! ( It created a mushroom clowd seen for miles in the Springfield area) ! When I opened it up , all I saw was a mapbook at the top,, and all was dry.

Round about 15-20 min later....Paul finally decided to re-join us.

The look on his face was Priceless!!!! He had turned arround but was still not aware that his panner box had fallen off. When he saw his box in the middle of the road he was prety suprised.

As we talked about it and told Paul what the contents of the panner box had just gone through he laughed and said " Wouldn't that have looked cool if it had actually blowen up . Cuz my tools and bottle of camp stove fuel were in there "!

Well HOLIE crap !!! The vision of this panner box flying off a bike at high speed and bursting into flames was too much to handle..... I laffed sooooo hard that it felt like a bone was coming through my ribcage!!

So paul decided to head back and try to find the broken retainer that had cauded the box to "FLY" off. It was about 1 hour and 15 min later that he showed up back at the tree with out the lost peice.

This will always be one of those events on a ride that I will NEVER forget....

Good times man !!!! All in the name of Given'r !

R

rusty

imported post

imported post

hahahah great account of the events surrounding theejection of the happy-trails box joker! my first thought was "oh no, the beer is in there!" but luckily we had it safelypacked away somewheres else. and what a great opportunity it was for a cold one while we waited for 640in250 to come back!

rusty high speed pannier box dodger

640in604

imported post

imported post

Whee, I got the GPS Tracks working on NASA Wordwind. Here's a shot from above Joker's house looking south over kamloops at our tracks from Day 1 (Day 2 for me) of the ride. Geez we covered some ground that day.

Loooking%20South%20on%20Kamloops.jpg

Sorry about the large picture size.

Paul [640in604]

ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG

S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

new photos up. sorry guys I have been mega busy. fianlly fixed the drz today.

can't seem to upload videos though...

G

gordbull

imported post

imported post

Hey there,

Are you guys thinking of doing this in 2008?

I just read through the posts and it looks like a lot of fun!

joker650

imported post

imported post

gordbull wrote:
Hey there,

Are you guys thinking of doing this in 2008?

I just read through the posts and it looks like a lot of fun!

WOW....this thread sure pops up!!

I would realy like to do it again.750kms and only about 60 of them on pavement.

Camping and dinner in Kelowna was prety cool:hb: