END OF DUAL SPORTED BIKE IN BC

G

Guest

Guest
imported post

imported post

It appears some new regs are coming along, but it is not the end of ALL DS bikes.

I hope this does not get blown out of proportion.
 

250ccforme

Member
imported post

imported post

I agree. The sky is NOT falling. We may have fewer choices under the new regs but the manufacturers are still providing dual sport machines. Themarket for older machines will strenghten.
 

spc

New member
imported post

imported post

In the long run this could be good for dual sport motorcycling. If the demand for street legal dirt bikes directly from the manufacturers increases then the selection may increase as well.
 
G

Guest

Guest
imported post

imported post

spc wrote:
In the long run this could be good for dual sport motorcycling. If the demand for street legal dirt bikes directly from the manufacturers increases then the selection may increase as well.

Thats kind of how I see it to spc.



If the manufacturers have to make better quality DS bikes, we win.

Instead of them just using old technology junk, adding a couple of lights, and forcing that onto the market.

And DS bike sales are soaring.....going up faster than any other segment of motorcycle sales the past 3 years in a row.



So I bet we see better and better bikes for us as the years go on, not the death of all dualsport bikes.
 

spc

New member
imported post

imported post

ChanceIt wrote:
Thats kind of how I see it to spc.



If the manufacturers have to make better quality DS bikes, we win.

Instead of them just using old technology junk, adding a couple of lights, and forcing that onto the market.

And DS bike sales are soaring.....going up faster than any other segment of motorcycle sales the past 3 years in a row.



So I bet we see better and better bikes for us as the years go on, not the death of all dualsport bikes.
I have not seen you for a while. We will have to have a coffee meeting again.
 

250ccforme

Member
imported post

imported post

spc, do you know what effect, if any, this will have on dirt bikes that wereplated under the old rules?I'm hoping that it won't have any effect at all. :)
 
G

Guest

Guest
imported post

imported post

For what its worth, when they made seatbelts in cars mandatory, vehicles that did not have them from the factory were not required to install them. I would hope common sense will prevail. Otherwise there are going to be a lot of pissed off riders, including me.
 
G

Guest

Guest
imported post

imported post

spc wrote:
ChanceIt wrote:
Thats kind of how I see it to spc.



If the manufacturers have to make better quality DS bikes, we win.

Instead of them just using old technology junk, adding a couple of lights, and forcing that onto the market.

And DS bike sales are soaring.....going up faster than any other segment of motorcycle sales the past 3 years in a row.



So I bet we see better and better bikes for us as the years go on, not the death of all dualsport bikes.
I have not seen you for a while. We will have to have a coffee meeting again.

Once I heal up from my surgery i get on thursday you are on for a coffee.

Maybe even a ride to sunpeaks to have that coffee if your in for a ride to.
 

spc

New member
imported post

imported post

ChanceIt wrote:
spc wrote:
ChanceIt wrote:
Thats kind of how I see it to spc.



If the manufacturers have to make better quality DS bikes, we win.

Instead of them just using old technology junk, adding a couple of lights, and forcing that onto the market.

And DS bike sales are soaring.....going up faster than any other segment of motorcycle sales the past 3 years in a row.



So I bet we see better and better bikes for us as the years go on, not the death of all dualsport bikes.
I have not seen you for a while. We will have to have a coffee meeting again.

Once I heal up from my surgery i get on thursday you are on for a coffee.

Maybe even a ride to sunpeaks to have that coffee if your in for a ride to.

Sun Peaks sounds good Marty. Good luck on your surgery. See you soon.
 

spc

New member
imported post

imported post

250ccforme wrote:
spc, do you know what effect, if any, this will have on dirt bikes that wereplated under the old rules?I'm hoping that it won't have any effect at all. :)

I do not know if they will be grandfathered or not. The government has several options but I do not know which way they will go.
 

Floored

Active member
imported post

imported post

Over here on the Islands (Vancouver & Smaller) May is "Motorcycle Safety Month", which basically means the cops are going to hassle us for a month. Listening to a police spokesperson on the radio, the reason is a 300% increase in fatalities last year which they are blaming older riders that haven't upgraded their skills. Their solution is to pull bikes over and checkthat they and their riders are "Safe". It was further described that this means that they areto be in good working order (this includes the rider), and compliant with MOT's regulations.

So I guess we'll see if theystart applying the newrules:shoot:.

Stay tuned!
 

c337b

Moderator
imported post

imported post

Floored wrote:
Over here on the Islands (Vancouver & Smaller) May is "Motorcycle Safety Month", which basically means the cops are going to hassle us for a month. Listening to a police spokesperson on the radio, the reason is a 300% increase in fatalities last year which they are blaming older riders that haven't upgraded their skills. Their solution is to pull bikes over and checkthat they and their riders are "Safe". It was further described that this means that they areto be in good working order (this includes the rider), and compliant with MOT's regulations.

So I guess we'll see if theystart applying the newrules:shoot:.

Stay tuned!
I got pulled over last week 59KM in a 50 zone - All he did was check to make sure I had a valid bike licence
 
G

Guest

Guest
imported post

imported post

I got stopped last summer on my KLR, and the cop was really cool.

I had a bike license, and insurance, and DOT approved tires, so he wished me a good day......and off I rode.
 
G

Guest

Guest
imported post

imported post

spc wrote:
ChanceIt wrote:
spc wrote:
ChanceIt wrote:
Thats kind of how I see it to spc.



If the manufacturers have to make better quality DS bikes, we win.

Instead of them just using old technology junk, adding a couple of lights, and forcing that onto the market.

And DS bike sales are soaring.....going up faster than any other segment of motorcycle sales the past 3 years in a row.



So I bet we see better and better bikes for us as the years go on, not the death of all dualsport bikes.
I have not seen you for a while. We will have to have a coffee meeting again.

Once I heal up from my surgery i get on thursday you are on for a coffee.

Maybe even a ride to sunpeaks to have that coffee if your in for a ride to.

Sun Peaks sounds good Marty. Good luck on your surgery. See you soon.
Its a nice ride up there for sure......remember to wait for me occasionally though, since you ride the much fater V-strom now.
 

boundrybasher

New member
imported post

imported post



"END OF CONVERSION" better title perhaps.

Not the Sky Falling for DS for sure.

ButWho/What/Where/ When/How "i.e grandfathering

Lets hear from you if you are effected:ted:.
 

250ccforme

Member
imported post

imported post

ChanceIt wrote:
I got stopped last summer on my KLR, and the cop was really cool.

I had a bike license, and insurance, and DOT approved tires, so he wished me a good day......and off I rode.

The KLRs are a factory dual sported machine. Therefore not a problem. I talked to a local motor vehicle inspector this morning about the grandfathering of RUM (restricted use motorcycles) that had been already plated. His take was that if you get stopped and the MC doesn't have the correct compliance sticker allowing it to be used on road, it's off the road no matter how many years it has already been plated, as it should never have been plated.:mad3::mi::mad3:

I'm hoping his opinion (interpretation) iswrong.
 

bajaman

New member
imported post

imported post

Why can't the government go after the real criminal's and leave us daulsport riders the #$%@ alone.I have a dualsported 07 Drz 400e and the wife a dualsported 07 crf 150f...so this is really going to suck if true.....anyone want to buy a un daulsported drz and crf??:shoot:
 

North

Active member
imported post

imported post

As a general rule, the longer a government exists. The more rules that are made and the more the rights are taken away from people.

Iguess these people who make up these regs have nothing better to do.



It's time to storm the Bastille and getour Freedom Back!
 
Top