First Beginner Spring Rides in 2018 ?

FishyBC

I have been watching this forum for the last 4 or 5 years waiting to get myself a bike and I finally got one and cannot wait to do some riding this year.
What time of the spring do rides start to get going ? March ? April ?
I likely will do the beginner thing first to make sure I don't slow everyone down but cannot wait to do the Harrison to Pemberton loop at some point this spring.
So stoked !!!!

FishyBC

Thanks. I've got a '99 Yamaha XT350. We'll see how it makes out. If I need to upgrade, I will do so. I've ridden on and off for years but probably not at the level of this group. I'll start off on Noobie rides and see how I make out. Fired up the bike last weekend and that got me thinking about spring.

egarrone

Hello Fishybc,welcome to Dsbc.i am looking to do the Harrison/ Pemberton loop this spring as soon as the snow melts.
i ve done it with my Klx 250 ( that little bike doesn't like the Pemberton- Vancouver stretch!)
but I want to try it on the wee strom.
Hopefully someone else will be interested

mkellinghusen

Hey guys, I recently bought a dual sport bike (2013 Suzuki Vstrom 650). I have been itching to get out on the trails. Not to sure if any of you are located on the island but I would like to get out for an off road trip as soon as the snow melts.

LanceM

Hey guys, keep me in mind I'm itching to get out for a ride, got some new boots need breaking in :)

Last edited:

Shane

Hey guys, I recently bought a dual sport bike (2013 Suzuki Vstrom 650). I have been itching to get out on the trails. Not to sure if any of you are located on the island but I would like to get out for an off road trip as soon as the snow melts.

look up lower island riding club ( lirc ) on FB.. lots of stuff going on around vic to duncan area

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
I have been watching this forum for the last 4 or 5 years waiting to get myself a bike and I finally got one and cannot wait to do some riding this year.
What time of the spring do rides start to get going ? March ? April ?
I likely will do the beginner thing first to make sure I don't slow everyone down but cannot wait to do the Harrison to Pemberton loop at some point this spring.
So stoked !!!!

Welcome to DSBC
There is not a better group of riders to head out with than those you will find right here.

Harrison to Pemberton is a great ride to get your Adventure riding skills up to speed, spectacular scenery, with a couple of technical sections. This route in spring does not disappoint. Another favourite route is the Harrison to Boston Bar, opens a little later as there is a 4500 foot pass.

DSBC was started by riders just like yourself, it should not take too long before you can hook up with some very nice people

Tom

Gratutis Picture of DSBC and the 2004 Routledge Run Harrison
12532397-R1-052-24A_.jpg