Fort St. John newbie

dirty princess

Any dualsporters in the Fort St.John area? I have recently moved here from Vancouver Island, I'm looking for info on local trails and things to check out.
Cheers

Swinada

Couple down here in Chetwynd but don't know if we can keep up with DRZ 400 with the KLR's.
Welcome to the North, i guess you have figured out by now that riding season starts a little later up here.

bobbib

Hi, just moved here also. Any good riding around here? What kind of terrain is around. What kind of tire would you recommend for around here?

dirty princess

Welcome to the north! Where did you move from? I have not done a lot of exploring here yet...due to long hours at work...but heres hoping for more free time this year. As for a tire....that all depends on what you ride, and what kind of riding you like to do. I can tell ya that the ground here is clay...and when it is wet...becomes very slick! :)

bobbib

Welcome to the north! Where did you move from? I have not done a lot of exploring here yet...due to long hours at work...but heres hoping for more free time this year. As for a tire....that all depends on what you ride, and what kind of riding you like to do. I can tell ya that the ground here is clay...and when it is wet...becomes very slick! :)

Hey. I'm from the lower mainland. Was in kelowna all summer and now I'm here in Fsj. I got a klx 250s. I am hoping I ride the slab a bit to Hudson hope. Heard there's some good corners. But I really like adventuring. Finding cool stuff. I ride c+\b level. The clay and wet probably need a better tire than my stock 606 dunlop. But nobbs will cut down my road riding. So much for the commuter.

Dutch Pete

Riding in the Tumbler Ridge area

Riding in the Tumbler Ridge area

When you have the weekend off, go to Tumbler Ridge. (200 km south of FSJ) You can ride for miles there. The trails are endless. Just make sure you don't end up on the hiking trails of the Wolverine Nordic Mountain Society. Those are for hiking and biking only. Have fun.

Bikerdad

Any ride recommendations in the FSJ Area? Lived here a while but been too busy working. Finding more free time lately