Future of Beta Motorcycles in Canada?

EAIKAU

Remember the big announcement in 2014 with the new Distributor "Beta Canada Inc"? Well it's now half way through 2015 and I can't find much information or even a Canadian Website. Does anyone have any information on who will be selling the enduro and dual sport bikes and what the plan is with getting them stamped factory street legal in Canada? The non-existent website for Beta Canada Inc. makes Beta's future in Canada seem grim. The only thing an Internet search brings up is a Facebook page.

EAIKAU

I thought Bob (Mountain Motorcycle) was no longer a dealer.

I just called a couple other of BC dealers and one will not be bringing anymore in and the other said the Distributor is still working on the street legal aspect. As new they can come with a NVIS to be plated, but it's still a grey area.

Last edited:

EAIKAU

A bit of a late update as I forgot about this post. In the fall of 2015 I had my brother contact the Canadian distributor through their facebook page (I don't use FB). Asked what dealers in BC had any street legal enduros. Stephen said they have a 2014 498 RR long term demo they're about to sell. He sent me a few pics and price. I bought the bike over the phone for a great deal and they shipped it to me the next week.

DirtClunker

Yeah, Beta seems alive and well in Canada. Went to Beta demo days a couple of weeks ago. Lots of fun playing on their trials bikes and xTrainers.