Harrison East to Nahatlach?

ktmislander

Has anyone been over this road this year? Still snowed in? Planning to ride this June 20th -25th and then checking out Yalakom FSR to Poison Mtn. and possibly China Head Trail. Might be a bit early this year. The rest of our planned trip should be good. Thanks.

hollywoodcrash

I've been researching my group's ten day trip for a while now, similar to yours, got on some FB groups, so for the East Harrison/Nahatlach/Kookipi, after 70 kms Harrison side they say snow and rock slides (last week current news) Big Bar Ferry out due to high Fraser from Drive BC. Snow level at around 1000 m mark, and lots of it everywhere still at that elevation. China Head I don't know, but it's at the snow level elevation. Keep researching and good luck.

majorbedhed

wow! Is that where the bridge crosses the river? or before that from the boston bar end? Thanks for the heads up.
Agree, trying to figure this one out. Nehatlatch starts at the intersection with Chaumox road North of Bend. The old Forest Service cabin at Hannah lake is 15km from that intersection but this appears to be down river from there around near Fir Flats or Apocynum Campground.

Photo appears to be taken at this location which is only about 4.5 Km along the Nehatlatch FSR. Either way - really hope this road gets opened.

Attachments

• Nehatlatch 1.jpg
    Nehatlatch 1.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Derrick

You can make it from starting out on the east Harrison down to the 3 km mark on the kookapi there’s a fair size wash out there , and yes the road at log creek on nahatlatch is still washed out.

Rustic

DSBC President / BCORMA Treasurer
Staff member
Has anyone been over this road this year? Still snowed in? Planning to ride this June 20th -25th and then checking out Yalakom FSR to Poison Mtn. and possibly China Head Trail. Might be a bit early this year. The rest of our planned trip should be good. Thanks.
Peter just came back from China/poisin/mud lakes area and it is still unpassavle deep snow and full water crossings.

passable Soon but not in June

offworlder

@Rustic attempts to turn this into a Mud Lakes thread aside :LOL: - according to my many spies, the bridge across the Nahatlatch from Kookoopi is still intact...
Thinking about venturing across and then up the West side of the Fraser (Texas Creek FSR) to Lillooet in preparation for this years holy pilgrimage the Adventure Bike Gathering!

Rustic

DSBC President / BCORMA Treasurer
Staff member
@Rustic attempts to turn this into a Mud Lakes thread aside :LOL: - according to my many spies, the bridge across the Nahatlatch from Kookoopi is still intact...
Thinking about venturing across and then up the West side of the Fraser (Texas Creek FSR) to Lillooet in preparation for this years holy pilgrimage the Adventure Bike Gathering!
LOL, Yes I hear it is but also that the road from the bridge down to the campground on the Nahatlach FSR is.... um..... not there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-232553_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220627-232553_Facebook.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20220627-233033_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220627-233033_Facebook.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7