Home Safe and Sound

S

spam and eggs

Well, Sagot and I made it home today after taking an additional week holidaying in South Africa after the riding part of the trip finished before Christmas. I expect everyone else made it home as well too- no news is good news, right?

Bikes are hopefully en route- we left them in bonded lockup in Walvis Bay on Dec 23rd as all the warehouse people were scrambling to leave for the holidays.

The trip was very scenic, there are amazing pics and I hope to write up a bit of an account of what we did and post. A picture being worth a 1000 words, there may be more pics than text, hope thats alright!

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

Glad to see you're both back. I trust the others fared well also?

How about coming out to the GVMC one Tuesday night and putting on a presentation of your trip?

I'll go over to fishland now & see if you've done a ride log like the stellar one you two wrote for your Latin America trek.

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

"Clang, Clang, Clang, went the piston.
Ring, Ring, Ring, went the valves."

Yikes!

Didn't Hooligan assure us all that such a catastrophe could never befall an orange bike?

Seriously, sorry to read of the troubles; I trust you made the best of it and still had a great time?

(Why do you two post more on that stoopid site than at this fabulous forum?)

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

imported post

What's the link to the ride report? Or can you post it here as well?

S

spam and eggs

imported post

imported post

The trip was very scenic, the animals amazing. As for the riding, there was some good, some bad, and a bit of ugly stuff, as well as some amazing stuff too. Sagot had a major equipment failure very early in the trip and ended up having to rent a small 4x4 to follow the group, riding other peoples bikes from time to time- it was a tragedy that the KTM went out of commission but things still rolled along in spite of that. There wasn't much time to write, never mind post regular updates like we have for past tripsandmost of the locations were far too remote to do anything meaningful over the internet anyways- my family got 1 email to know we'd arrived and that was it- it took 25 minutes to send a quick email to them and that was in a city where I'd thought there'd be good internet connections.

I'll post ride report here, with pics, stay tuned. Unfortunately I do have to get back to work today- might be a problem as I passed out at 2pm yesterday with jetlag and just found out I have to head to Ont tomorrow....:cf2:

blocker

imported post

imported post

still traveling in SA. Currently in Kimbrly looking at the big hole.

Great to hear that you made it back safely.

It will take me a long time to sort thru the pictures.

blocker

B

bazzer450

imported post

imported post

Was starting to wonder if anybody made it back . Good to see you and scott are back, how was the rest of your trip ?? Watch out for the jet lag it is true that it is worse coming back. will burn all the Picts Tammy and I have and mail it off . I will upload all my picts to my smugmug account as well . Had a great time with you two and hope to see you guys again. Dont forget to put the fire starter in your pack !!

Damn miss all the bottle stores and biltong already:hb:

Dorky

imported post

imported post

Come on you guys; I don't know about everyone else but I am really interested to hear more about the trip. I wish I could havegone. I want to go. How was it?

Pictures?

Trip report?

Are the details posted elsewhere?

TLGREEN

imported post

imported post

I've already seen the preview & can say that the pics are amazing. I hope they put the bungi jumping episode on this site so everyone gets a chance to smile.:hr:

If your reading this, Spam & Eggs, We hope to ride with you one day soon! T & C :D