I "C" Rain

farmerger

Well for the second weekend in a row I got dumped on pre-riding the C loop. Sorry no pictures, it was raining so hard it would just scare people away. I got to the very northern end of Adams Lake but then the torrential downpour was joined by lightning cracking right over me and I turned for home. :f:Was hoping to get over Momich to Ansty. There is a sign at Agate Bay saying the Momich FSR is closed because of slope instability caused by fire. Anyone have any intel on whether this is true, or is it possible to get through there?

Shuswap

Can't answer your question, but were you planning on going via Humamilt Lake...then via Seymour Arm to Anstey?

Agate Bay would be a bit of an odd place to find a sign telling you about a closure at Momich, wouldn't it?

I haven't ridden that FSR, but it's on my list for later this summer.

farmerger

Can't answer your question, but were you planning on going via Humamilt Lake...then via Seymour Arm to Anstey?

Agate Bay would be a bit of an odd place to find a sign telling you about a closure at Momich, wouldn't it?

I haven't ridden that FSR, but it's on my list for later this summer.

Yup, that's roughly the route. Will try and come out at Hwy 1 by Craigelatche.

The sign was right there at the 4 way stop between Adams West FSR and Agate Bay Road.

joker650

From the Momich intersection you can continue straight down the East side of Adams lake also. Then cut across to the North end of Seymore Arm

farmerger

From the Momich intersection you can continue straight down the East side of Adams lake also. Then cut across to the North end of Seymore Arm

That looks like it almost goes all the way to Scotch Creek before going back up to Albas. That would be stretching people's fuel especially those Super Enduro guys.:rolleyes: of course they would probably need tires and fuel for the mega C loop I'm planning.:cool:

Dorky

Yes, options are either Momich/Humamilt or Scotch Crk FSR. (Or a few very non-C options)
I probably have tracks for these and the Anstey loop if needed.

Shuswap

Well for the second weekend in a row I got dumped on pre-riding the C loop. Sorry no pictures, it was raining so hard it would just scare people away. I got to the very northern end of Adams Lake but then the torrential downpour was joined by lightning cracking right over me and I turned for home. :f:Was hoping to get over Momich to Ansty. There is a sign at Agate Bay saying the Momich FSR is closed because of slope instability caused by fire. Anyone have any intel on whether this is true, or is it possible to get through there?

(UPDATE: Aug 12, 2012)
Not entirely true, if it ever was. But there was a small rock slide area near the westernmost lake, north side and they have a sign saying don`t stop there. I couldn`t find any reason for closing the road today nor did we see any repairs of significance

There were 3-4 other vehicles in and around the lakes....and they had passed the `slide`area. We traversed from Adams Lake to Seymour Arm with zero difficulty.

On a side note, much of the roads & trails up on the Adams Plateau have been dramatically altered. Mostly rough-graded and widened by road-building equipment, likely in prep for logging the area. Sure changed one of my fav riding areas. Instead of encountering the usual 1-3 bears and 6...or so....deer, we saw zip today.

Last edited: