• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

Ironman / Ironwoman

Bearhugger

So who if anyone is going to enter this class? I'm thinking of entering the novice class on my 950. Anyone?

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Last year IanB took his 950 once around the C loop ....... that was enough for him.

Remember thisis a dirt bike marathon 950 is one big ass dirt bike.:dr:can be done though.

Buck

imported post

imported post

I've seen Bearhugger blitz trails on his 950 that 250's were struggling through....:shock:

Good luck Dave, If you need ahand or pit crewat the event let me know.:tup:

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Atta Boy Dave :dr::dr::dr::dr:I'd love to see a big dual sport show those young dirt riders howit's done :tup:

My experience from riding the 24 hour Marathon last year is that it's 90% tight single track thru the trees on a fairly short course. By the end of the race I was doing the course in 12 minutes. Ifa rider completed the course in under 10 minutes that lap wasn't counted. There was lots of sand baggin' going on. we would do 2 or 3 laps and then trade off riders. That may not sound like a lot of riding but in the wee hours of the morning it is brutal. And the adrenalin starts to die off part way thru the 2nd loop. That was when I was wishing I was on a CRF 230.

Tom can tell you about his experience on the B loop team that he rode on.

The Ironman who came in second on the C course last year was a young person (15-18 years old). The guy did 24 loops. I was on a team of5 and I did 27 loops. TheIronman who came in 1st did 80+ loops and was inhis 30s. He was riding a CRF something orother.

I was thinking about doing the Ironman last year but I'm glad I joined the team. I had a great weekend. The whole atmosphere of the event was great. Lots of people were coming by the DualSportBC compound to watch movies on the BIG screen that Tom set up. Or folks were just stopping by tochit chat and hang out around the fire.

Those are just my 2 cents. I'll be up there again.I'll ride the Ccourse and it will be fun.

Pitscar

imported post

imported post

Did you guys see many 125's out there?

Thinking abouc picking up an 81 KX125 :D Would be a blast to ironman that thing through the twisty woods!

Bearhugger

imported post

imported post

It turns out I'm all talk and won't be going this year. Changing situations suck.