Just when you thought it was all over April 6-7-8

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
many of you think the Spring Nubee ride is finished

Well its not, we (and when I say we I mean me and whomever I can sucker in) have to return to the Chilliwack River Valley and remove the arrows and fix any of the trails we have damaged.

So lets start with the arrows

This long weekend looks pretty good Saturday being the best? Anyone want to help?

I will be camping at the Tamihi East Campground if it is not full, otherwise I will be at the main Tamihi Campground

Tom

kenf

If you want some volunteers to help build a bridge over that really impressive mudhole on the B route, post up a date and I'll try to come swing a hammer. That trail would have been awesome if it weren't for the bottomless bog with no apparent ride-around.

KF

tomcycle

Staff member
If you want some volunteers to help build a bridge over that really impressive mudhole on the B route, post up a date and I'll try to come swing a hammer. That trail would have been awesome if it weren't for the bottomless bog with no apparent ride-around.

KF

We are going to take a look at our options there, I think we can cut a way around that bog and leave that for the quads when they get in there.

cheeseburger

No problem. I'd like to help but I'm going to be away the next two weekends.

Let me know if you end up riding Saturday anyway.

Ti welder

Will be camping at Tamahi next weekend so, will be there to help out. Also want to do some scouting. Not shure of the campsite but I'm shure you will find us.

TW_rider

If the weather holds...I may be running parts of the C route again this weekend. I can/will take down whatever arrows are left.

tomcycle

Staff member
If the weather holds...I may be running parts of the C route again this weekend. I can/will take down whatever arrows are left.

Thanks TW

I will be at Tamihi for the Easter Weekend and will take all the arrow down between Tamihi and The DND areas

I will update this post if anyone wants to go for a ride this weekend

Tom

gryphon51

I would be interested in doing this as well. always good to have company. Drop me a PM if interested .. My buddy did the c route on his 650 ( I was at Big White) really sad I missed it.

tomcycle

Staff member
Looks like Saturday is going to be the nicest day of this weekend, but the whole weekend looks good enough to ride all three days

I will be at Tamihi East (if its not full) on thursday night after work. We will try and have a fire going as well. but I will have to get out and collect some firewood first.
We do have an agenda that includes Bordom Hill

Saturday will be the day I go out and take all the arrows down so if you want to ride the route on your own you had better get organised

Tom

tomcycle

Staff member
We are getting ready to head out now, hope some of you guys get on your bikes and drop by, if its during the day you will have a hard time to find us, we are going to be riding.

TT

Fbomb

I will head out at a respectable hour tomorrow via Vedder Mtn, and will pick as many arrows as I see. I could be past Cultus by late morning (Beer 0'clock?) I'll keep an eye out if you will.

tomcycle

Staff member
Weather is great. Got some new trail cleaned up. Looking for a good ride tomorrow

TW_rider

We came up from ElkView road and did the bench from there to Chilliwack Lake road. We removed about 2 dozen arrows from this year...a few from 2010 and even some from 2009...as well as $285 worth of cans, bottles and other recycling (just kidding...but there was a LOT!)
We picked up a few signs along Chwk Lake road as well, all the way to the Tamihi campground, then up Slesse road to O'Byrne. At this point we headed back to town...the only part that we didn't clean was the Army Road FSR...
Sorry Gryphon51, I didn't see your post until after we got home.

...and I still didn't see where the Borden Hill trail comes down...

tomcycle

Staff member
Tw best is to enter the trail from the top. It is rideable down without too much trouble. We cleaned and started the draining of the draining of the mud holes and widened the upper entrance.

TW_rider

Tw best is to enter the trail from the top. It is rideable down without too much trouble. We cleaned and started the draining of the draining of the mud holes and widened the upper entrance.

Went up Tamihi FSR this afternoon/evening and found the top-end of Borden Hill. I traveled this piece of road one or two years ago, but it went nowhere...it will be interesting to see how you've made a trail back to the valley floor. We followed it for about 1km or so before it got too sketchy with Mrs. TW on the back...
Doubled back and took the scenic route home via Slesse/Army/Elkview. Swept the Army FSR for signs and arrows but only found one...someone must have beaten us to it.