KLR 650 Exhaust

twisted-hog

I put a Vance & Hines on my 2009....loved it.......a real noticeable difference in throttle response. It revved up quite a bit quicker. No fuel economy difference.

I rode for about 6 months then re-jetted. That seemed to add more lower end torque with the sacrifice of losing about 40-50 km range on a tank full of fuel. I thought it was worth it. The engine seemed to run nice and cool even in 30 degree Baja heat riding slow, the fan never seemed to kick on.
Some days I wish I still had it, that is till I get on he 990 and then that thought is long gone :cool:

MtB

After owning 6 KLR's over the years, including some heavily modded ones (suspended, bored, cammed, ported, carbed, exhausted...), I came to the conclusion that a KLR is what it is, and best left stock. But if you are infected by the farkle bug, here is my humble opinion: Staintune is the holy grail of KLR slip ons, and Supertrapp is the absolute worst.

vortexman

After owning 6 KLR's over the years, including some heavily modded ones (suspended, bored, cammed, ported, carbed, exhausted...), I came to the conclusion that a KLR is what it is, and best left stock. But if you are infected by the farkle bug, here is my humble opinion: Staintune is the holy grail of KLR slip ons, and Supertrapp is the absolute worst.

I completely concur. I just want to reduce a bit of top end weight. This will be my third KLR, and I think I have run 80 k on them combined. It is a KLR, and I have no illusion with regard to changing anything.

bbb8Frx.jpg

04klr

here's Rodney 4.0 showing the Big Gun pipe installed.

I also have being looking to loose a little weight off the top. :}

IMG_0113.JPG

say perhaps, 4 rolls of wire, a box full of boxes, a bag full of tools, and a ladder.

Jeckyll

Had a buddy who had the supertrap. What a horrible POS. :)

vortexman

here's Rodney 4.0 showing the Big Gun pipe installed.

I also have being looking to loose a little weight off the top. :}

IMG_0113.JPG

say perhaps, 4 rolls of wire, a box full of boxes, a bag full of tools, and a ladder.

I am not sure I can top that, bested again. How come these guys do not show for rides??? Where are these KLR guys anyway??