Likely- Barkerville

tuning_fork56

Hi folks, me and a buddy are planning a ride from Nelson up to Barkerville and on to the Chilcotin country and back. What is the back road from Likely going by Bowron Lake prov. park to Barriere like?I see it is a 4wheel drive rd for part of it.
Much Appreciated.
John

Nitrousbrian

Hello John, A group of us rode the Matthew Valley FSR last weekend.What I can tell you is that road is so smooth you could take a lowered civic on it. Be sure to check out the falls at Ghost lake. The scenery is pretty good, The road has lots of straight sections so you can make good time. We camped at Lady's creek forestry site that has about 4-6 sites before we continued on in the morning to Barkerville which is what i hope you meant instead of Barriere. Ill post some pics in a bit. Have a good ride.

Last edited:

Nitrousbrian

Ghost River Falls. A must see. Stop on the bridge and check them out, then go up to the lake and see the upper falls. The bridge is only about a 3km side trip off of the main road.

Last edited:

mineice

has anyone been thru the yanks peak trail this year (possibly the 4 wheel drive road John is talking about).?

Thanks

XRBryan

I did the trip 2 years ago. Likely to Barkerville over Yanks peak was 3hrs with lots of route finding & picture taking. Returned via Matthew Valley Road (which is almost a gravel highway) in 2.5 hrs with lots of short stops and picture tanking. I was on an XR400, my buddy was on a DRZ400.

I was looking to ride up from 100 Mile, through Likely, over Yanks Peak and on to Barkerville later this month. Has anyone been trough there lately?

RocketMan

I was looking to ride up from 100 Mile, through Likely, over Yanks Peak and on to Barkerville later this month. Has anyone been trough there lately?

There is supposed to be a bridge repair going on east of likely 13.5 km for around a month.Check forestry,i also seen a notice in Barkerville a week ago,and Williams lake tribune today.Just put some your YJ elixir in the 640 and jump the river crossing.

Good to hear, I know you will enjoy it. I checked out the bridge situation and it looks like they will be taking out of service for about a month. Thanks for the advise.