looking to join a c route group

mint400

my riding buddies aren't going to make it this year, so I'm setting up a C riding group... all are welcome to join our casual C/C+ group; just send a post or come by site 4!!!

I'm hoping we can all get 10L hauled to the Lunch stop - let Tom know ASAP... his Gas truck is getting full.
John
m400

SO FAR:

MINT400 (John) - SITE4 arriving friday BLUE DRZ marked "M400" Silver Civic C+

KTM KEN (Ken) - arriving Sat AM BLUE DRZ IN BLACK NISSAN C+ or B

CRONGO - arriving Friday night Husky RED/WHT TE610 blue Chev Colorado C+

PHOENIX and Friend (ALEX) - Mazda B3000 2 DR650 C

ktmken

imported post

imported post

I just sent my cheque in the mail.
I will be riding my 08 DRZ400s
I have never been to Dead Zone before.
You can join me if you want (or can I join you?)
I was thinking of riding the C-loop.

KTMKen

mint400

imported post

imported post

Thanks KTMken, I'm a well equipped B rider so I won't drag ya down unnecessarily.... do you have a group at all?

I loved the deadzone scenery last year, yet was not fully prepared for dust, heat, and mosquitos...

C

Crongo

imported post

imported post

Hello,

I am looking for someone to ride the C loop with. I don't think I know anyone going this year from Nanaimo. I just want to take it easy and see the scenery. If you guys are okay with it maybe I can tag along. Safety in numbers. I have a Husky TE610 so no problem there. Thanks.

Crongo

ktmken

imported post

imported post

Sounds good to me.
I will be arriving early Sat morning and will be driving a Nissan Frontier with a Blue Suzuki 400 in the back.

488322834_hGxxK-M.jpg

joker650

imported post

imported post

Why don't u guys join us 'Loopers on the B Route:)

1-950

2- 690's

....not sure what else?

mint400

imported post

imported post

I'm travelling up on truck or trailer from vancouver on Friday so lots a time to find each other whenever you arrive. My DRZ will be numbered "M400", cell works there I think 604 649 6077.

I pretty sure I'll be riding C + some options. Depends what the consensus is. I'm EZ.

I'd love a group of a few people so... ya all r welcome to get in on this group. The more the merrier, also numbers make it easier to regroup if necessary as the day progresses.

john / m400

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

John and everyone else

No Cell Service in Spences Bridge

No Gas either:(

Lots of C riders (40%) so you should have no problem finding a group that will be happy to have you join them.

Tom

westcoast

imported post

imported post

Hi Tom, can you give me a very general idea about the kind of road surface for theC ride?

Is it loose gravel (like Orca Bay) or more hard pack dirt? I got those stock BMW tires that come with the F650 twin and the loose gravel seems to zhave a mind of its own.

Thanks

Bryn

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Hi Bryn

The Scenic Route does not have any of that really loose gravel like the roads around the Orca campground. Everything on the Main Scenic Route is fine for Bonnie on the 650GS. I would recommend that she not attempt the "C+ Options" as theymay be a bit too tough for a new novice rider on a bigger bike with street tires. The roll chart clearly indicates where theseoptions are and who should/should not ride them.

-Judy-

C

Crongo

imported post

imported post

ktmken, mint400 etc,

I will look for you guys. I am arriving Friday night. I will be in my blue Chev Colorado witha red/white Husky TE610. C+ side loops sound good. I guess it follows that pavement would be D? See you there.

Crongo

imported post

imported post

hey mint 400 thought you were doing the A route?LOL wish i could join ya but too much going on that month,have fun on the trail!

Phoenix

imported post

imported post

This will be my third year of the C route, first year pushin' it hard = broken collar bone. Second year = steady pace and hardly any pics and finished way to early. This year take pics and enjoy more of the day. Welcome to tag along with a group of two so far, if you can get pics of me falling over in a mud pit even better. I answer to phoenix even if it's yelled out in a crowd. If ya feel like goin' faster should be no problem findingC riders of the samemind, always worked for me.

Cheers, Alex.

mint400

imported post

imported post

I'd love to merge groups pheonix... what's your bike/truck/riding preference/arrival time? I figure 5 would be a sweet number of riders...

john/m400