Loose Screw 2011 - General Discussion

Bora20

Administrator
Save the date! The actual ride will be on Saturday August 13th, 2011, but like before, you are more than welcome to come for the weekend (or week) and ride all the loops.

Hope to see you there!

If you have any suggestions to improve on last year, please PM me with them. If you have too many complaints, be warned that you will be signed up to help though ;)

snackdaddy

Is it wrong that I am already counting down the time? only 263 days 8 hours and 3 minutes until the riders meeting Saturday morning.

The ride just keeps getting better each year.

F

franhoser

If you have any suggestions to improve on last year, please PM me with them. If you have too many complaints, be warned that you will be signed up to help though ;)

you guy's should go out the night before the ride and wet down the trails so there is no dust.

klrroo

How is the planning coming? Any pre rides planned for spring to scout out the routes? Doing the 'A' route this year, finally have a bike worthy of it!

Bora20

Administrator
The planning is coming along slowly...

There is tons of pre-riding planned and if you would like to help out with some routes and scouting, send me a PM and I can get you hooked up with the specific route you would like to help with.

Be warned though, you will end up helping with more though ;)

cactusreid

don't scare him away from the boat Bora- i was just about to throw him a lure!! klrroo i'm off to baja for a couple of weeks in feb,but as soon as we can get up into the A loop area i'll/we'll be happy to have you along on prerides. Hey there is way to much fame and fortune in doing this stuff, for just a couple of guy's to hog it all to themselves! consider your self "volunteered"!

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
I have the loose scree booked and will have the bus ready with a load of bikes and riders
:f::woohoo::f:

TT

klrroo

Hey that sounds great guys! I have been meaning to get involved in the pre rides for the last couple years. That area of the A route is fairly foreign to me so it will be nice to have a new spot to lay my bike down. I am a confident A rider with a sorted machine so I won't slow anyone down. Count me in!

Bora20

Administrator
Q:
Can the B loop be ridden on Ktm 990 type of bike? We just bought some bigger 990's, and wondering is the B loop riding too tuff or going to kill a big bike. Example; mud or water crossings??

A:
There are two B routes: the 'B' and the 'B+'. The B route is no problem for big bikes if you are experienced. Many riders have completed the route with 990s, 950s, 1150s, etc. Yes there are hills (not too big) and water crossings (not too deep), maybe a log or two, but nothing too tricky. There shouldn't be much for mud in August around here. Come on out in June if you are looking for mud.

One rider has completed the B+ on a 990 but he is insane and you probably don't want to share in that experience.

Bora20

Administrator
Will there be a Big Bike C loop 1200 big and maybe 2 up C loop

The C loop is already big bike friendly. I would ride a R1200GSA on it with full metal luggage all day long, but I have ridden a R1150GSA on parts of the B loop before. The 2010 C loop would be rideable 2up, with only 1 tricky area, but it could be bypassed and you can stay on the main road.

We are looking at making a new 2011 C loop, but it will follow the same theme as previous years. Big bike and beginner friendly with great views and points of interest.

This is an 'off-road' section of the 2010 C loop.
970920465_oMnfB-L.jpg

Last edited:

farmerger

The C loop is already big bike friendly. I would ride a R1200GSA on it with full metal luggage all day long, but I have ridden a R1150GSA on parts of the B loop before. The 2010 C loop would be rideable 2up, with only 1 tricky area, but it could be bypassed and you can stay on the main road.

We are looking at making a new 2011 C loop, but it will follow the same theme as previous years. Big bike and beginner friendly with great views and points of interest.

This is an 'off-road' section of the 2010 C loop.
970920465_oMnfB-L.jpg

Hey Dan,

I'd be willing to help with the new C route. Let me know.

Dorky

Are you kidding me!!!! People, there is an early bird draw for an awesome Giant Loop back from Dave at MOD. I can't believe there are only 14 of you signed up at this point. ?? Early bird draw is in two weeks.

100 of you are going to sign up in two months and miss a chance at this most excellent prize. I am going to win the bag. Just sayin.