Administrator
Hello Loopers

Missed the draw on the the Giant Loop but that OK

Ted Blow
Tom Timmerman
Cheques are in the mail and we are ready to eat some dust

TT

It may actually be wet this year.

And I can't believe you missed the draw...

cactusreid

It may actually be wet this year.

Now that's what maybe the biggest understatement of the season bora! stu and ben and myself were out on morrisey mt this afternoon sussing out some nice A detours that we are going to put in as a either/or on the B+ loop this year. We are going to let 04klr/wayne'a A route rest for a year,just cause. don't worry,we have some neat stuff to make up for the infamous loss screw downhill! I believe we were in Zeus's backyard for a little while. He pulled the pin and let all kinds of thunder/hail/big rain and other chit fall on us for a while. but we got the tracks! so depending on the weather the a sections could be a lot of fun,or a pretty good workout!

Bora20

Administrator
HAHAHAHA. I hope you put them through Al's bridge and mudhole just before lunch (or after) to make them think twice about it.

I am going out tomorrow to flag some B route. Looks sunny in the southern skies now, but a few hours ago I was thinking I wouldn't go. If you are up for more riding I will be at the Aberdeen Chevron @ 9am.

RevyGreg

Good morning to all

Just wondering about whether or not there will be a GPS file available to load into a Garmin GPS unit? Don't see any mention of it, but assume that there will such a file? Looking in particular for the C route this time out.

Thanks to everyone involved in putting on this ride for newbies such as myself. Hoping for the sun and some drier conditions than you are currently experiencing. There was a bit o' rain at Orca this year.

Greg

farmerger

Good morning to all

Just wondering about whether or not there will be a GPS file available to load into a Garmin GPS unit? Don't see any mention of it, but assume that there will such a file? Looking in particular for the C route this time out.

Thanks to everyone involved in putting on this ride for newbies such as myself. Hoping for the sun and some drier conditions than you are currently experiencing. There was a bit o' rain at Orca this year.

Greg

We pre-rode the C route today. John recorded it with his gps (we think) and I took notes for the roll charts. If we can figure out how to get it off John's garmin then there will be a gps track. If not, well..... It was a great ride and a really good mix of fast dirt and technical (for a big bike/new rider). I was surprised at the total mileage though; might have to add another loop in for the faster guys & gals.

04klr

this is Al (the legend, in red) and Dorky, as well as the feller I can't remember the name of who assisted Al in getting waaaay too many bikes through the mud.

this is the bridge to nowhere, unless you consider bottomless mud laced roots as somewhere.

nope, no dust here, at least not today.

cactusreid

here's a great time to re-state the gps thingy.. please,please do not spread gps tracks via the world wide web! bring yourself and a group of friends back to ride our/your trails,but do not let them out via gpx files to the entire world! we love having you come here,as we also love going to other areas ourselves , and riding with a gps track sure makes that much more do-able if you can't hook up with a local guide. but just as you would not like a bunch of outsider's turning your single track stash into beat out freeways, we all feel the same way. so be wise,be cautious, and proctet our trails with the same vigalance that you would use in your own backyard. thks everyone,cactusreid

Bora20

Administrator
We will have a GPS track of the B and C loop, as well as roll charts of each. Not to be spread about.

The B+/A loop will again be navigated but the sun, roll chart, and the stars if you get back late. GPS release TBD, it might just be breadcrumbs, so that there is no spreading. If we use breadcrumbs, we will need the waterproof kind...

All will be released to the email addresses listed on the entry form (if I could read them). I will also post that they have been released if your email addy didn't work out.

Last edited:

Dorky

here's a great time to re-state the gps thingy.. please,please do not spread gps tracks via the world wide web! bring yourself and a group of friends back to ride our/your trails,but do not let them out via gpx files to the entire world! we love having you come here,as we also love going to other areas ourselves , and riding with a gps track sure makes that much more do-able if you can't hook up with a local guide. but just as you would not like a bunch of outsider's turning your single track stash into beat out freeways, we all feel the same way. so be wise,be cautious, and proctet our trails with the same vigalance that you would use in your own backyard. thks everyone,cactusreid

Yes, yes. Good and important info. Thanks Reid.

Big Booger

I Just mailed in registration. Sounds like I'll need some sharp wide spaced wheels for muddin. B or b plus. I hold only 8.5 liters of fuel (100km) will i need to fill a back pack with gas or will there be service stops?

cactusreid

we were back out picking out some-more sweet stuff for the A option diversion off of the B+ route today. A huge thanks to Ben/multi six days enduro medallist/local sunpeaks rider and general great trail guide for helping us sort out a months worth of exploring into a weekends worth of riding! We don't want to leave anyone wanting for more at the end of the loosescrew,be it A,B+,B, or c rides,so if you don't think you've got what yah paid for,gas up,pick another loop and go out and "giver" again!

Bora20

Administrator
I Just mailed in registration. Sounds like I'll need some sharp wide spaced wheels for muddin. B or b plus. I hold only 8.5 liters of fuel (100km) will i need to fill a back pack with gas or will there be service stops?

There will be fuel stops, but with only a 100km you will probably need 2-3 fuel bottles to get you back to fuel. Most people have a 12L/13L tank around here. Routes still being fully created and we will tell you about fuel, but best to bring a few bottle just in case.

Dorky

There will be fuel stops, but with only a 100km you will probably need 2-3 fuel bottles to get you back to fuel. Most people have a 12L/13L tank around here. Routes still being fully created and we will tell you about fuel, but best to bring a few bottle just in case.

I'd plan on 180km at least between fuel stops.

Booger, B+ is at for sure 180+. B is to be determined but more like 140km. As Dan says, more details to come.

M

MikeOV

Hey all, new to the forum and I guess one could say to dual sport in general. While discussing my woeful lack of off road (and general) lack of riding skills at work today, a coc worker suggested the Loose Screw ride to me. I'd love to participate, is it too late to get my entry fee in?

Dorky

Hey all, new to the forum and I guess one could say to dual sport in general. While discussing my woeful lack of off road (and general) lack of riding skills at work today, a coc worker suggested the Loose Screw ride to me. I'd love to participate, is it too late to get my entry fee in?

There's still time. Fill out the Entry Form, include a few dollars, and mail it in. It's that easy. I can't tell where you're from but you will likely meet some riders from your own back yard for future rides. Welcome!

cactusreid

July 29th update on the A route. bring fuel bottles or your big tank!!!!!! from the camp site to the pritchard bridge is approx 24 km's each way If you use the gravel backroads route. The A route branches off of the B+ route this year, and reconnects with the B+ after lunchtime in sunpeaks. There are no gas stations along the route! Approx mileage of the A route is .........188 km.......... Starts and finishes in pritchard which is your only chance for gas. So bring/pack/dump in asap what ever fuel you will require to get back to that steak dinner that you layed your money down for. There will not be any sweep riders on the A route, so team up with someone if your planning on doing this route. We usually do a match up with single riders at the morning info session,so no need to panic now if you have no friends that ride. We have a couple of guy's out there right now doing the A loop, so i'll post up approx time needed to knock this ride off. I'm thinking 7-8 hr's in the saddle ,but i'll post up after our scouts get back in. Thks cactusreid

Last edited: