Loose Screw 2011 - General Discussion

flyn

Anyone interested in Carpooling to the LooseScrew from the Lower mainland? I have room for four bikes.
Be a shame to drive up all by myself.

Last edited:

JIPPERR

Flyn, I'd be interested in carpooling! My truck kicked the bucket this weekend.... pm me and we can make a plan? Cheers!

Big Boar

I'm thinking 7-8 hr's in the saddle ,but i'll post up after our scouts get back in. Thks cactusreid[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

Sweet!!!

cactusreid

sweet! 2 or 3 day's of showers, and then 30 degrees and sunshine right through the weekend! woooohhooooooo!! that's sweet! ladies and gentlemen,bring your swimin' gear,your fuel bottles,your sunscreen,your lawn chair,your beverages,,your bug spray, and your best " lets have a great weekend attitude". see you all friday!

ps: don't forget your camelbak,or water containers,it looks like it will be a hot one ,so stay hydrated my friends! 2,3,4,5,maybe 6 liters per day is the amount of water you will want to have over the course of the day!
don't short your selves on water intake !!

Bora20

Administrator
On that note Reid, not many people took the 250 bottles of water we bought last year. This year people, please drink it, there will be 240 bottles there for you.

LOL, 2 or 3 days of shower...your weather forecast is different than mine. I show 30C right through to Sunday, it is going to be hot!

cactusreid

you can lead a dualsporter to water-----but you can't make him pack free water bottles??????? weather network say's 2/3 day's with some showers,that would be nice to refill some of the mudholes and swamps we have been talking about, but hey if it's sunny and hot, it will tame the skeeter's down a bit. i'm going out thur's pm and staking my lawn-chair claim down on the river! the rest of yah can fight over what's left!

2warped4me

you can lead a dualsporter to water-----but you can't make him pack free water bottles??????? weather network say's 2/3 day's with some showers,that would be nice to refill some of the mudholes and swamps we have been talking about, but hey if it's sunny and hot, it will tame the skeeter's down a bit. i'm going out thur's pm and staking my lawn-chair claim down on the river! the rest of yah can fight over what's left!

Don't you be moving the lawn chairs that are already staked out now!!

W0lfpack

A question to the powers that be...

What about stragglers? Those that have not registered yet? Is there any chance of showing up Saturday, paying a reg fee and joining a ride? I swear I didn't procrastinate, but plans are coming together that might lead me to having this weekend free of children, work, and any other obligations ... so I am dreaming of the possibility of actually making it up to Kamloops for this event. :) I won't know for sure if I will make it back until Thursday (I am a long-haul truck driver, and it all depends on dispatch and routing).

Bora20

Administrator
Hey W0lfpack,

You sure can register on Saturday morning. If will be faster if you bring a completed registration form though. Also send an email to [email protected] and I will send out the roll chart info so you can print which one(s) you need.

04klr

and speaking ot the weather,,, and the "chance" of mud on the ride, there is little chance of mud on that beautiful golf green we all park on, and chances are it will not get groomed to it's regular lushness this year, please, on arrival watch where you are parking, and keep a close eye on (and continue til well cooled) the entire exhaust system of you rig, this avoids the senseless waste of beer putting out sudden grass fires.
just thinkin outloud, carry on.

Bora20

Administrator
Drink beer, pee on fire. No senseless waste.

All joking aside, the part we mowed last year is shorter than the part we didn't. Please park in the shorter grass and watch those exhausts.

cactusreid

ol sol, the god of sunburns is developing a beach for us to enjoy through the weekend! bring your flip flops, swimming gear etc!

04klr

that, as you know by now was a sucker hole, duck! here comes storm #2, hope it is as good a show as the first one, rose hill took a blasting for quite awhile there. KABOOM!