LOOSE SCREW =======GPS======= ride.

joker650

Last year there was some interest shown in a GPS ride but one thing led to another and I wasn't able to set one up in this area:(

:)So...............

Since we are having the Loose Screw Dualsport ride in August I thought this would fit in great with the Rollchart routs that will be planned out.

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/forum15/3142.html

The route will be about 250-300 km . About 60k will be pavement and the rest will be a mix of gravel roads and 4X4 trails suited for any bike with good dirt tires installed.

There will be a B+ single-trak section close to the end suited for the more adventurous type rider(not intended for over 650cc) that will have creek crossings and off camber steep rooted hill climbes:dr:....maybe we should call this an "AYE" section!.

Anyhow, I figure this may get some of the bigger bikes out to join us in our Dualsport ride . I know how some of you guys on the Beamers and 9-fiddys like to leave the driveway and head out on an adventure. Even on a 6-fiddy this will be a great adventure.But you will have to be at least aB-level rider on the beast because there will still be a couple harder short sections

Hope to see U there:hf:

30LSDS_POSTER1.JPG

joker650

imported post

imported post

Anyone that wil be trying the GPS route please post here so I know who to E-mail the info to .

It is almost complete but I have one small section to finish.

This is my first shot at this but I'm hoping it will work out ok.:hr:

The first 3/4 of the ride will have a turn by turn like a route chart, should be easy to follow. 3/4 through the ride will have a cpl branches that with some skill will get u to the same spot by navigating a selection of FSR's.

The next 10k 2-trak section will have beginning/middle/end points but there are so many different routs/turns that u will just have to follow ur pointer.

The last section will also be a turn by turn at the marker to get u back to camp.

joker650

imported post

imported post

Yak_KLR650 wrote:
Is there a GPS route for A,B and C loops? Send it to me anyway please.

U gunna ride it for me/ with me??? I will stay 1/2k behind ya...see if u take the right turns:)

Looks like no interest, but I'm going to load it into my own GPS and see how it directs me to each point.

DO u have Garmin or Magelin. Although it may not matter because it will work on co ordinates.

Dorky

imported post

imported post

joker650 wrote:
Looks like no interest, but I'm going to load it into my own GPS and see how it directs me to each point.

Hold the bus here! I am interested in the GPS route. :dr:

I'll buzz you with the email address. Thanks Greg for taking the time to lay this out.

G

D

dooveman

imported post

imported post

I need the B route GPS as well. Can you PM me so I can reply with my email?
Thanks,
Brian

joker650

imported post

imported post

Hey...

Did u guys get the route?

Did anyone try out a section of it yet?(wink, wink, nudge nudge););)

Dorky

imported post

imported post

joker650 wrote:
(wink, wink, nudge nudge););)

OK, OK, I guess I'm busted.:p Someone sees me riding out to the east side of town this afternoon and immediately guesses where I'm going.

I ran a bit of the B route today usingJoker'sGPS waypoints. It worked like a charm - no problems. Once I thought he screwed up but when I looked real hard... there was a trail there! It was good fun. :dude:

I am used to running a routebut Greg provided only waypoints.Hunting waypoints was much like running the rollchart and wasreallycool. You can still turn it into a route in Mapsource if you want but alot of where we are going isn't identified as a road.

The only thing I would change is the icon for the waypoint - you can't see that little tower on the screen :X.I will change thoseto something more visible before next weekend.

Thanks Joker :clap:

Dorky

imported post

imported post

I should add that you need to read the notes included at each waypoint. Important info there. :ted:

joker650

imported post

imported post

Dorky wrote:
I should add that you need to read the notes included at each waypoint. Important info there. :ted:

Do the notes come up on the GPS when u ckick on the icon? I was going to insert the turn direction with the waypoint # but I thought it would clutter the screen.

When u open the route with Mapsource you can change the icon. I never really thought about it but I can see how the selected icon would be hard to see. Maybe change it to a red dot. Or even a coloured letter, like Left or Right.

Somehow I knew where u were going yesterday afternoon when I saw ya on the 640:)

Dorky

imported post

imported post

You have to click on the icon to see the notes - which basically means a stop. When I stopped I would look at the next several and if they were simple I would just try to remember them. "Left, left, right, left."

Or was that left, right, left, left? :shock:

Putting the info into the waypoint name would work well. Left7, Left8, Right12, etc. If there were more detailed instructions then the waypoint could be called Note1, Note2, etc.

joker650

imported post

imported post

Did everyone get their GPS files?

Here is the list of GPS'rs....so far:clap:

Doveman

Dorkey

YakKLR

Snackdaddy

Superbry

HammerMTB

Joker( see If I can follow myself)

Hawk

S

superbry

imported post

imported post

I did not receive the GPS files. Please resend!:tup:

joker650

imported post

imported post

superbry wrote:
I did not receive the GPS files. Please resend!:tup:

Can u check again? I just re sent.

Check ur pm, verrify the adress u gave me.

joker650

imported post

imported post

I will have the comments section of the GPS file on paper for your tank bag or pocket.