Loose Screw Rides

Dorky

The Rides - should be posted by Sunday night.

A route is a difficult roll chart route. You will need to travel 190km between fuel stops. Fresh tires are recommended.

B+ is technically a very challenging roll chart route that is not suitable for larger bikes. You will need to travel 180km between fuel stops. Lots of new track in the B+ for this year.

B route is a roll chart and/or GPS route suitable for bigger bikes. However, there are still some challenging sections. The B has been improved with over 50% new track. The total route is 270km and gas is available at the midpoint. The 'B' route has a GPS option. We will post the track for you. Hopefully you know what your doing with your GPS !!

C route is a roll chart route suitable for all riders. Total distance will be around 300km with gas available near the midpoint.

Notes
  • You must have a roll chart holder – there is not enough flagging to ride without a route sheet.
  • Your bike must be licensed for on road use.
  • Your bike MUST have a spark arrestor.
  • No off-trail riding in grasslands, marshes, mudflats, mossy, grassy areas etc.
  • You really need to bring several liters of water. It’s Kamloops and it’s hot and the ride is long.
    [*]Please Do Not Attempt This Ride On Your Own!!!
    Team up with someone of similar ability.

Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
If you do not have a friend to ride with, we will be gathering all the single riders and putting them in groups during the riders meeting.

Don't be shy, meet some people. :)

Dorky

OK, the word from the check riders is that the B+ is a significant bit of work. There are lots of outs but this is a tough ride. Can I suggest the B route ...

Last edited:

cactusreid

the A route branches off of the B+ and add's 50 km of fairly challenging technical single track in place of some easier two track style riding up near sunpeaks. total distance is only about 10 km longer than the B+ route, but it's got all the tough pieces on the B+ and some gnarly singletrack thrown in for good measure. I think 04klr/wayne said the B+ was an 8 1/2 hr ride including a lunch break in sunpeaks. so get a good sleep eat yur wheaties and giver on the A route!

04klr

yes 8 and a quarter hrs. from pritchard bridge and back, no pictures, and not much dilly dallying. not including the imfamous Loose screw hill on the "old" A route, I think this B+ is a tougher day, some tough climbs and singletrack that'll be a challenge for all. You wanted a tougher "B", this is it! If you've been thinking of trying a B route, this isn't it.
"Lsds2011 b+ = a-", at least!​

cactusreid

04klr- just to clarify for folks, your 81/4 hr's riding & lunch stop time is the B+ route,correct? I don't believe we have a riding time established for the A route end to end yet? I know it's approx 10 km longer than the B+,so given an A rider should be a litttle faster overall, time in the saddle should be about the same as the B+. Of course, individual results may vary.

04klr

8.25 and 177km. (plus approx.30k to/from camp), less 40 min. for an awesome clubhouse (2 slice) and a slurp at Masa's, complete b+ including the special test section Charcoal forest.

Last edited:

Sproat Sport

Hello moto heads,
Just wondering about which route to take for the 2011LSDS. My buddy and I are somewhat experienced riders (rode Baja and most off-road stuff we will tackle)...but we're definitely not motocrossers. Just wondering what a suitable route would be for a couple LSDS noobies.
Thanks

Dorky

'B' Route
I finally rode the whole B route today. What a great ride!! Even the locals will go some new places on this route. There is still some deep water out there!
To answer the questions:
Yes, 650 friendly. :)hr:)
No, I wouldn't take an 800 on it.
Yes, there are a select few of you who would enjoy a 950/990 on the B route. (Only the very experienced pilots)
G

Bora20

Administrator
Hello moto heads,
Just wondering about which route to take for the 2011LSDS. My buddy and I are somewhat experienced riders (rode Baja and most off-road stuff we will tackle)...but we're definitely not motocrossers. Just wondering what a suitable route would be for a couple LSDS noobies.
Thanks

What kind of bikes will you be riding? Do you want to fall down and scratch your bike?

cactusreid

Do you want to fall down and scratch your bike?

you've missed your calling bora- your a salesman through and through! All the routes are doable, in an upright position,most of the time. depending on your ability and the bike you choose to take.

A route- i would recommend a full on dirtbike with a plate ie: ktm exc, dr-z's will make it,bmw 450x( don't forget your skid plate), husky's(probably take the 630 on a different route) husaberg"s and beta's will be fine.

B+ route- A route bikes, and we know it can be done on a 690 enduro, as the loon's that laid it out ride them, A good rider on a xr650l, dr 650 style of bike should be able to navigate through as well.

A & B+ is not klr friendly, matter of fact- very klr unfriendly. The bug's will eat you,before you get out of there!

Sproat Sport

I'm riding an 09 Yamaha WR250R and my buddy's riding a 2010 Husky TE 510 (different animals) with fresh rubber on the rears. We're not afraid of scratching the bikes....plastics have definitely lost their showroom sheen from riding in the bush and dropping them. We were thinking of doing the B+ route, but being LSDS rookies, just wanted to get some advice if possible. I realize there are many variables/personal preference/riding styles involved, but just looking for a little feedback anyway. Thanks.

Dorky

I'm riding an 09 Yamaha WR250R and my buddy's riding a 2010 Husky TE 510 (different animals) with fresh rubber on the rears. We're not afraid of scratching the bikes....plastics have definitely lost their showroom sheen from riding in the bush and dropping them. We were thinking of doing the B+ route, but being LSDS rookies, just wanted to get some advice if possible. I realize there are many variables/personal preference/riding styles involved, but just looking for a little feedback anyway. Thanks.

• It's so hard to say. Your bikes point towards the B+. Your experience seems to point towards B+. The fact that you think dropping your bike is a normal occurance = B+.
  • If you're an old woods racer then maybe A.
  • If your version of 'the bush' is an old logging road then maybe the B.

Bora20

Administrator

This mess may be on the B+ route...

15.1252852091.9_mud-pit.jpg

Last edited: