Loose Screw Rides

2warped4me

Do you want to fall down and scratch your bike?

you've missed your calling bora- your a salesman through and through! All the routes are doable, in an upright position,most of the time. depending on your ability and the bike you choose to take.

A route- i would recommend a full on dirtbike with a plate ie: ktm exc, dr-z's will make it,bmw 450x( don't forget your skid plate), husky's(probably take the 630 on a different route) husaberg"s and beta's will be fine.

B+ route- A route bikes, and we know it can be done on a 690 enduro, as the loon's that laid it out ride them, A good rider on a xr650l, dr 650 style of bike should be able to navigate through as well.

A & B+ is not klr friendly, matter of fact- very klr unfriendly. The bug's will eat you,before you get out of there!

Here I was, going to take my xr650l on the B+. I'm going to have to downgrade. Going to be fun either way!!

cactusreid

Don't downgrade your choice 2warped! just grab a buddy to ride with. Or find one on sat am at the riders meeting

B+ route- A route bikes, and we know it can be done on a 690 enduro, as the loon's that laid it out ride them, A good rider on a xr650l, dr 650 style of bike should be able to navigate through as well.
I included the mighty air cooled 650L in my choices for the B+ bikes!
B+ is a fun challenging route with some real cool trails and scenery to boot.
I have not ridden the B route yet this year,I hear they have some new stuff as well. your are right,having fun on which ever route you choose is the important part!

KTM-Bryon

Desert Conditions?

Desert Conditions?

A route is a difficult roll chart route. You will need to travel 190km between fuel stops. Fresh tires are recommended.

Fresh tires coming up. I am putting on the new Desert Michelin tires right now.

The very old rear TKC-80 just wasn't gonna make it. So how are the Desert conditions looking; some of those pics on the B+ route look like you have a lot of oasis' in your desert right now!

cactusreid

Ok ladies and gentlemen,would you please take a moment to give us some feedback on the route you rode? what did you like,was it long enough, could you get off early if you wanted to etc,etc,etc,. unfortunately if you by chance have a complaint,your out of luck, as we closed that department about a week ago! seriously, it's nice to hear your thoughts,so we can tweak stuff as we go. thks for coming everyone! cactusreid

Bugsinteeth

Hi Reid,
I ran the B+ course this year. I usually beat myself up on the A course but figured I would change it up a bit and run something different. Had a great time. Distance was good and outs made it easy for thoes in over their heads to bail if needed. Roll chart was spot on, me not so much.

I like your guy's idea of a B and B+ route. There is a lot of middle ground in the B group and the + separation up's the ante so no whining tolereted if you end upside down in a heap with arms of jelly and getting nothing but air when sucking on your water bladder......you were warned!

Not a complaint, just food for thought.......I figure you could have beat us up a bit more on the B+ route.

I stuck around Sunday and ran the C route. Very scenic, this ride was a lot of fun, roll chart was bang on.

I had an awsome weekend. Thanks for all your hard work on the routes.

Bugsinteeth

Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
Not a complaint, just food for thought.......I figure you could have beat us up a bit more on the B+ route.

That is what the A route is for... :) We were even toying with A+ options for next year. I believe that 3 guys ran a section that we were thinking of by mistake. Ask Turtle about Trevor's downhill, that they ran uphill instead!

Fbomb

Time-wise the B+ course fit the day pretty well (lots of time to bathe and imbibe before dinner) Challenge-wise, I need another turn or two to master it. Yeah I think you did good!
Peter

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Ok ladies and gentlemen,would you please take a moment to give us some feedback on the route you rode? what did you like,was it long enough, could you get off early if you wanted to etc,etc,etc,. unfortunately if you by chance have a complaint,your out of luck, as we closed that department about a week ago! seriously, it's nice to hear your thoughts,so we can tweak stuff as we go. thks for coming everyone! cactusreid

We had 5 in our group on the A Loop

First of all it was great and absolutly not complaints. It did get a little confusing as we entered and left the B+, but that was half the fun not to mention we had a little time to mock the B+ riders. The A route was a long haul without extra gas, but thats always the problem when you want to stay out riding, instead of going in for gas. The gas cache was a good idea and work well for me, although I was worried that there was not going to be enough fuel for everyone. It also would be nice if we could have been a little earlier for lunch, that would probably be our problem for riding so slow.

In short the route was great and I would not complain if you forced me to ride it again next year.

Not sure if having four routes is the easiest thing to do (too many choices, like throwing 4 balls at once for a dog, which one does he chase?), but if you guys want to put in the effort it OK by me.

Job well done

Tom Timmerman

flyn

I think the"A" loop was perfect because it had a good mix of trails and road, Just when the trails got alittle tiring a road would intersect and I could get a cooled off again. And those pretty ladies in bikinis at the lake that was brillant.

Awesome ride

Finn