Loose Screw Route Discussions

Dorky

B Route

• The B route is approx 200km between gas stops. Not much over 200km in total distance.
  • Bring lots of water and your lunch. You will be in the bush all day - no stores.
  • The main B route is designed to be KLRable and should be easier than last year. But you have to know what you're doing on the KLR.
  • We ran a 950 through the B on Saturday. It aint easy on a 950 but it is very doable.
  • There are some harder optional sections that the big bikes will want to skip. These will be obvious in your download.
  • There will be a roll chart and a GPS track in your download.
  • There isn't much tight single track - and it's soft friendly Kamloops single track.
  • Hopefully we will have all the trees off the trails by then. But bring your saw just in case. If you do find a tree in your way, look for an around. I probably went around it, not over it.
  • No cliffs to fall over.
  • No crazy hill climbs.
  • A few rocky sections on the trails that will challenge you but they are short.
  • A lot of texture :)
  • There is some water and mud. You are hoping it will dry up a bit by the ride date.

Overall it is a long tiring route but it is not technically difficult. We have a number of outs that are well marked if you decide you've had enough.

Dorky

Remember, the B is not the B+. You will likely make it most of the way on a 400lb motorcycle if you're good on it.

DO NOT take a 400 pound motorcycle on the B+.

Bora20

Administrator
B+ Route

• The B+ route is approx 180km between gas stops. Not much over 210km in total distance.
  • Bring lots of water and you can get lunch in Sun Peaks if you want it. Bring food anyway, you will be hungry throughout the day.
  • The main B+ route is designed to be ridden by smaller dual sport bikes, 310/45/530 etc. Do NOT bring your KLR or 990 on this route. You will be unhappy.
  • We have run a 690 on the route, but he has long legs and knows how to pickup a bike...
  • There is an optional section at the end of the day. I suggest that you skip it if you are tired or low on fuel.
  • There is tight single track, it isn't all soft and friendly. It has trees and mud holes.
  • Hopefully we will have MOST the trees off the trails by then. But bring your saw just in case. If you do find a tree in your way, look for an around. We probably went over/under it if it isn't cut out.
  • Some things to fall down.
  • A couple crazy hill climbs.
  • LOTS of rocky sections on the trails that will challenge you but they are short and all uphill.
  • There is some water and mud. It will NOT be dried up a bit by the ride date.

Overall it is a long tiring route with some technically difficult. We have a number of outs that are well marked if you decide you've had enough.

Bora20

Administrator
A Route

• The A route is approx 200km between gas stops. Not much over 210km in total distance. Sort out your own fuel.
  • Bring lots of water and you can get lunch in Sun Peaks if you want it. Bring food anyway, you will be hungry throughout the day.
  • The main A route is designed to be ridden by smaller dual sport bikes, 310/450/530 etc. Do NOT bring your KLR or 990 on this route. You will be unhappy. I wouldn't suggest bringing your 690 on it either.
  • There are no optional sections. You don't need them. If you are tired after Sun Peaks you can take the road home at any point.
  • There is tight single track, it isn't all soft and friendly. It has trees and mud holes.
  • Hopefully we will have SOME of the trees off the trails by then. But bring your saw just in case, you will need it. If you do find a tree in your way, cut it out. We probably went over/under it if it isn't cut out.
  • Lots of things to fall down things.
  • A couple crazy hill climbs and downhill decants. Covered in water...and roots...and old pieces of bikes.
  • LOTS of rocky sections on the trails that will challenge you but they are long and all uphill or downhill so don't worry ;)
  • It's all texture :)
  • There is some water and mud. It will NOT be dried up a bit by the ride date.

Overall it is a long tiring route with lots of technically difficult. We have a number of outs that are well marked if you decide you've had enough.

klrroo

How would a modified drz400 fair on the B+? I have long legs and am used to spending time laying down.

Bora20

Administrator
How would a modified drz400 fair on the B+? I have long legs and am used to spending time laying down.

All depends on the rider. Do you like gnarly uphills with roots, tumbling rocks, and using your clutch? If the answer is yes, then you will like it. If the answer is no, seek the "B route".

relentless

Hey Bora20 I think if you send him on the B+ that makes one more rider that will find out what kind of a rider he is, and am bettin he will still have FUN!!!!!!

Dorky

B Route

• The B route is approx 200km between gas stops. Not much over 200km in total distance.
  • Bring lots of water and your lunch. You will be in the bush all day - no stores.
  • The main B route is designed to be KLRable and should be easier than last year. But you have to know what you're doing on the KLR.
  • We ran a 950 through the B on Saturday. It aint easy on a 950 but it is very doable.
  • There are some harder optional sections that the big bikes will want to skip. These will be obvious in your download.
  • There isn't much tight single track - and it's soft friendly Kamloops single track.
  • Hopefully we will have all the trees off the trails by then. But bring your saw just in case. If you do find a tree in your way, look for an around. I probably went around it, not over it.
  • No cliffs to fall over.
  • No crazy hill climbs.
  • A few rocky sections on the trails that will challenge you but they are short.
  • There is some water and mud. You are hoping it will dry up a bit by the ride date.

Overall it is a long tiring route but it is not technically difficult. We have a number of outs that are well marked if you decide you've had enough.

I think it's worth noting that the 950 rider on the B is a pro with many years of woods racing experience. If this doesn't describe you, a 950 may not be a good choice?

Bora20

Administrator
Hey Bora20 I think if you send him on the B+ that makes one more rider that will find out what kind of a rider he is, and am bettin he will still have FUN!!!!!!

So will all your friends! Anyone sitting in the bush pouting that it is too hard and refusing to get back on their bike will have a long walk back to camp alone when your buddies leave you there.

Remember, sweat and pain only lasts for a little while. The beer and stories will last long into the night :D

Bora20

Administrator
As a side note, I met some ADV riders on Sunday in Sun Peaks that were running last year's C route (sorry, I forget your names since you all look the same under your helmets). I was pre running and flagging the B+ by myself and one of the riders on a 990ADV wanted to come with me. His riding partner strongly suggested against it.

He would have been ok until I turned off the FSR and went through the muskeg bog that buried me to my waist. The bike stayed floating on top, I on the other hand sunk to my waist when I got of the bike to push it a bit and then had it fall on me. It was at that point that I believe I thought that the 990ADV on the B+ would have been a bad idea...but who am I to say :confused:

klrroo

Excellent, been riding for 30 years and roots/rocks/steep are not a problem. As long as someone else has dragged a drz400 through it I am not worried.
The after ride beer stories are always better when you are not to sure about the ride!

Redhed

As a side note, I met some ADV riders on Sunday in Sun Peaks that were running last year's C route (sorry, I forget your names since you all look the same under your helmets). I was pre running and flagging the B+ by myself and one of the riders on a 990ADV wanted to come with me. His riding partner strongly suggested against it.

He would have been ok until I turned off the FSR and went through the muskeg bog that buried me to my waist. The bike stayed floating on top, I on the other hand sunk to my waist when I got of the bike to push it a bit and then had it fall on me. It was at that point that I believe I thought that the 990ADV on the B+ would have been a bad idea...but who am I to say :confused:
So there is a C route this year?