• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

Loose Screw Schedule

Dorky

LOOSE SCREW 2010 - SCHEDULE

Monday August 9th:

Route sheets will be ready. You will receive an email directing you to the download location. If you didn’t give us an email address on your entry form you will need to get your sheet from a friend or email us at [email protected] for further information.

Friday August 13th:

Arrive on site at almost any time. If you get there in the afternoon you can have a swim (and help us set up).
Directions to the site are available here - http://loosescrew.dualsportbc.com/pdf/Bulletin.pdf
The caterer will be on site with burgers, hotdogs, snacks and beverages from 5:00-9:00pm.
Buy a couple of tickets for the prize raffle, the prizes are awesome.

Saturday August 14th:

Last minute signups available starting at 6:30am
Coffee, muffins, yogurt and fruit for breakfast (included in your entry fee)
7:30am riders meetings
We will be wandering around checking for spark arrestors. You must have one
Bottled water will be available for you
All groups should be off riding before 8:00am.

Lunch & Gas
A– You will pass through Chase after about 120km where there is food and gas.
B2 – You will pass through Sun Peaks. You can get a bit of lunch there. We recommend you bring some snacks with you in case you don’t have time to stop there. There is no gas available after the start of the B2 route (180km).
B1 - The caterer will be at the PetroCan gas station in Logan Lake to serve you lunch between 10:30 and 12:30. Please support the caterer; he drove all that way just for you.
C – You will pass through Pritchard about 60km into the route – you can top up your gas there if needed. The entire route is about 230km and you will not see gas again after Pritchard. You will pass through Sun Peaks where you can get some lunch.

Saturday Night Dinner around 6:00pm
Steaks
Corn on the cob
Potato salad
Coleslaw
Noodle salad
Buns
Cake
Coffee

The Prize Raffle will be held after dinner.

Saturday night for the "Moon Lighters"
Taco chips and salsa
Music
Conversation and stories (both true and outright lies)
All the insults you can take.

Sunday August 15th:

We’re done with you. Hang around as long as you want. Go ride one of the other routes?

Last edited:

joker650

I`m thinking I will be on site Thursday night.
Last year there were some early arrivers Thursday night that went out riding our local trails Friday.

joker650

please keep vehicles in mowed area when you arrive. We will have about 4-5 of the 8 acres mowed

this place is tinder dry but we will try to keep it watered down for the weekend

the lot next door had a wildfire that was attended to by the forestry crews 2 weeks ago, 2 vehicles lost to the fire.

if u are a smoker, please use a tin with dampened sand to extinguish the butt, if u need a container come see me at the sign up desk.

if u are going to use a bbq please have some water present(don`t want ya to waste ur beer).

no fires in the kamloops district

these colours are in no particular order

cactusreid

dorky -approx km's of the b1 route? i'm getting a little bored of the A loop,as we've been over it numerous times already, and i want to see what you've put together for the b plus ride. it looks like a lot of fun, from the pictures so far just take me past a gas stop,and a place to have a bite,and i'll be a happy guy!

Dorky

dorky -approx km's of the b1 route? i'm getting a little bored of the A loop,as we've been over it numerous times already, and i want to see what you've put together for the b plus ride. it looks like a lot of fun, from the pictures so far just take me past a gas stop,and a place to have a bite,and i'll be a happy guy!

B1 route is the easier B option out to Logan Lake. It's long - 250+km

B2 route is the more technical B option towards Sun Peaks. 180km between gas stops. Lunch mid-day in Sun Peaks.