Loose Screw - Somebody rode it

Dorky

So it seems that a bunch of people decided not to respect the closure of the Loose Screw or the ban on motorcycles on the trails as enacted by FLNRO BC. These closures were well thought out and well deserved to protect the tinder-dry forests and those that live within and and at the edge of these lands. Some of our guys were out riding the local FSRs and could see the significant rides burned into the LSDS routes. This wasn't one or two bikes but dozens of bikes. The trails that were used are last year's trails, not this years trails, so we can see that people decided to ride last year's GPS routes.

I can't tell you how disappointed we are. I can tell you that the locals are pissed off at motorcycles in the area. This will severely impact our relations with the people that support us on these lands. It makes me question why we show you our trails. I can ride them respectfully all year round. If you can't, why should we show them to you?

There were many of our locals who questioned ever giving out GPS routes. Now I have to agree with this. I now question the whole LSDS.

Who was out there riding? Who the hell do you think you are? Why is it OK for you to burn down someone's house and/or livelihood?

I will add that the rides I'm talking about are on single track in the grass. There is no question that there should not be bikes in these areas.

Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
Agreed. Bike is in the shed and I want to ride to, but I am not going to ride it on the trails. That is selfish and would ruin it for the future.

Back to rollcharts I guess....

offworlder

Lame! While there may not be any way for us to determine who the irresponsible assholes are that did this, may they forever carry the shame of scarring the reputation of responsible riders and putting good folks houses and homes at risk!

Last edited by a moderator:

black99S

Gobsmacked! No respect from me first assholes.
LS Team asks at the rider gathering for GPS routes not to be shared and routes not to be ridden outside of the 'event'.

hooter

This is exactly the kind of behaviour, along with loud exhausts and vandalism, that will cause us to lose access to more riding areas. Way to go yahoos.

cactusreid

Very disappointing! Those responsible will probably never be found out, But riding grassy trails during a forestry closure, is one of the most ignorant things that you could do. And after the loose screw crew, opted to voluntarily cancel this years event, before the forestry people even closed the bush, I can't imagine anyone with any amount of responsibility, doing such a thing. whether it was some of our dual sport members, or very possibly locals on off road bikes ( it sounds like bermed in corners by fast skilled riders, so maybe this is the case), I'm sure the loose screw organization will bear the brunt of the blame.

Shuswap

LSDS organizers set a high standard, hope all participants do as well. Hard to believe that any serious/mature rider would venture into the grass in these conditions. Eventually the word will leak out who the careless parties are.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
I find this hard to believe too! But we (DSBC and LSDS) cannot be held responsible. Nor should anyone from LSDS or DSBC take that responsibility. However we all must be aware that whether you are a two stroke racer or a big bike adventurer, we all get painted with the same brush. Those damn dirt bikers!!!!! Let's hope those who took it upon themselves to risk our forests get the message. Tom

This is typical where a few irresponsible donkeys ruin a situation for the majority of responsible riders. I would hope that the Police or a Conservation Officer catch them when they are coming out of the bush.

joker650

Well that sucks to think that anyone from this site and anyone ever involved in the LSDS ride said screw this and hit the trails.
I hope it wasn't anyone from DSBC.

I just did a little FB searching for dirt biking in this area.
People just don't get it.
Numerous posts about hitting Kamloops area trails in the last month.
When called out on it they just say yup...I'm stupid and so are all the other riders having a great time ripping up the trails in the Duffy Lake area.
So ...hopefully the idiots arent any LSDS riders, but just some dumb asses that dont have brains enough to stay out of the bush.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Sorry dogon2whls, we let those on FB do the name and shame game, wont be happening here on this site. Only first hand information will be tolerated here on the DSBC siteT

tengai

Wow! Even on the Island we haven't been out in nearly 2 months on the trails, it's very dry in the bush here.

Copy that Tom . . . Frustration speaking there . Never done the LS , was hoping to this year but alas it was not to be . The idea that the work of those who put on the event is jeopardized by the selfish few .

Cyclic

So why come on and assume anyone from DSBC would do that.....I think the message was very clear in the beginning for this group of responsible riders.

Dorky

Agreed. I edited the original post a bit. Based on my knowledge of the LSDS trail use, and the times of the year where it gets ridden, I would say those who rode the trails during the closure are probably people who pave participated in the LSDS in the past. This does not mean they are DSBC members nor did I mean to infer that. I think most folks on this site are here because they are mature and responsible riders.

So why come on and assume anyone from DSBC would do that.....I think the message was very clear in the beginning for this group of responsible riders.