Lower Mainland Riders to Cowichan - Orca Run

offworlder

As posted on the Orca run discussion thread:

"Heading to the Island for the Orca run (woo hoo !) on (this) Friday the 13th (Ooh - belly scelly !) from Van. Thinking of catching the 2:00 or 3:00 pm ferry from Tsawwassen. I'll then be following the "twisty route" to the campground, with a possible diversion (once the campground has been identified) to Duncan Motorsports/KickStart Coffee for the pre-ride slide show, and dual-sporting stories.

Any other DSBC folk care to join me for (some/all of) the journey ?"

We could meet at or on the way to the ferry. Now who has a ferry sized DSBC sticker ? Tom ?:confused:

GordOnTrail

Myself and WestCoastRider would be happy to join a group ride to Orca. We're travelling from Chilliwack. Where would you guys like to meet up?

offworlder

We're thinking 2:00 or 3:00 pm ferry, to avoid the rush hour sillyness. I'm coming from UBC, but we could either hook up on the 99, at/near the tunnel, or at the ferry.

GordOnTrail

For us i think we'd probably meet you guys at the ferry, then we can take the southern roads all the way to tsawassen. 2pm or earlier is the ferry i'd pick.

offworlder

OK, lets agree on the 2:00 pm sailing from Tsawwassen, for all folk that care to join us for the twisty route to the campground.
We'll see you at the front of the line (for boarding) !

GordOnTrail

sounds good. we're laying out the camping gear and bags. Figuring that i'm riding a 27 year old bike i'm also deciding how much of the garage (tools) to bring.

GordOnTrail

Change of plans. We're anxious and don't think we'll be waiting till 2 oclock. we're going to aim for the 11 o clock ferry. sorry guys but we're trying to meet up with our dad.