LSDS 2011 GPS Routes and Roll Charts - Email Sent August 7 @ 9:30pm

Bora20

Administrator
The LSDS 2011 GPS routes and roll charts were emailed to the participants August 7 @ 9:30pm.

If you did not receive an email and have registered for the event, it is because I couldn't read your email address on the entry form.

Please PM me or email [email protected] with your full name & email address and I will update our records and resend the message.

See you Friday!

Bora20

Administrator
FYI

There are NO GPS tracks for the B+ or A routes. You will need to use the roll chart as there are only waypoints for the reset points. This has been done in order to protect the trails from the internet, please DO NOT post any tracks that you may make of these while on your ride.

There are GPS tracks for both the the B and C routes.

RevyGreg

Help with GPS file?

Help with GPS file?

Got the .gdb file just fine in my email and have opened it in MapSource on my computer to see the route. No problem.

It is a track file and I have transfered and copied the file to the Zumo 220, but it apparently can't handle the track file. But I don't know how to make it into a route file or a series of waypoints which the Zumo can handle.

Any advice out there before I call the GPS dealer tomorrow?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greg

Bora20

Administrator
I think it you rename the large file to "ACTIVE LOG" or "ACTIVE LOG 001" it will take.

We also broke the B into 4 sections and the C into 7 sections to allow for easy uploading. You can just load the tracks in order and you will be fine.

However, print out the roll chart. It very specific and won't steer you wrong. The GPS should only be used for backup when you are lost.

RevyGreg

Thanks for the tip. No happiness, no joy in renaming the file Active Log. Will call the vendor tomorrow.

Have printed the roll chart already planning to take it along. Printed the map out of MapSource as well.

Thanks again for the tip.

Greg

Dorky

B GPS Revision

B GPS Revision

Please note that there has been a small revision to the Reset Waypoint names in the B route GPS file. The track is unchanged but the waypoint numbering had an error.

The revised file has been uploaded to the site if you want this correction.

tmurrayis

Please check the upload as I am getting the dreaded 404-Page not found error from HostGator.com when I follow the B route link in the email.

Ted
Please note that there has been a small revision to the Reset Waypoint names in the B route GPS file. The track is unchanged but the waypoint numbering had an error.

The revised file has been uploaded to the site if you want this correction.