LSDS 2014 - 8th Annual Loose Screw Dual Sport Ride

offworlder

Hats off to the Loose Screw gang for another fantastic event ! A MASSIVE thank you to all those who put so much hard work into this :clap:.
Weather was great (not to hot), trails were brilliant, and the river was über refreshing.

Bora20

Administrator
LordEndo - section #13 after the 13k trail - where was the trail into the clearcut?? We found the tape on the road by the culvert, and also a couple of cow trails going into the clear cut, but no dirt bike trails. Even, walked the friggin thing...

It is a hard one to find. You can actually drive some of it, but them it breaks into single track.

eviljimbo

I had a great ride , glad I could help out the newer riders while taking it easy on my body .. Wish i was feeling better will attempt it later when i get a riding partner to go with me so i dont have to ride solo

LordEndo

Staff member
LordEndo - section #13 after the 13k trail - where was the trail into the clearcut?? We found the tape on the road by the culvert, and also a couple of cow trails going into the clear cut, but no dirt bike trails. Even, walked the friggin thing...

We searched the three options, found that you were supposed to turn left out of the trail as you hit the road, then right into the clearcut. I was interpreting the instructions as going straight at the time.....but hey.....like I said, we were having some issues.... :) Most of our troubles were earlier than that and we lost a good hour messing around, maybe (likely) longer - found some really really sweet trails though! I think we used up a lot of gas riding all the single track up there that wasn't part of the ride.

We made it all the way to Section 20 '8.2 L on road'. I think we overshot the road and turned on another trail which we'd already ridden. Once we realized this, it was time to bail. It was something like 8pm and my buddy only had two litres of gas, so we started heading south. Hit a dead end.....rode back.....down a trail to a main FSR.....one litre left......nearly made it out. We ditched the KTM, marked the GPS and kept going on my WR2 doubled up, which turned out to only be 12km to get to the end of the FSR, and then a bit more to Pritchard. Tracey came and got us in the truck and we went back up to retrieve the KTM.

I think we rode something like 260 or 270km by the end and got back to the camp for midnight. What a ride.... Can't wait for next year.

:eek:

DirtClunker

It is a hard one to find. You can actually drive some of it, but them it breaks into single track.

Hmmm, something was definitely missing. For section 13: "2.0 L on to 13k trail" found that. "3.6 L" - yep got that too. Followed the pest management flagging and at around 6.4 we popped out onto a FSR. The only clearcut was to the LEFT, but the instructions said "6.4 R into clearcut". We found some Pest Management flagging at the clearcut on the FSR, but no trail into the clearcut. We were very confused.

LordEndo

Staff member
I had a great ride , glad I could help out the newer riders while taking it easy on my body .. Wish i was feeling better will attempt it later when i get a riding partner to go with me so i dont have to ride solo

Jimbo were you helping out Tracey on the C loop? She wants to send out a big thanks to everyone that helped her on her first dual sport event.

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
Loose Screw Rocks! Big thanks for all of the hard work you guys put into this ride. It shows! We had an absolutely fabulous time and the trails were exceptional. Thank you!

thewozza

Thanks everyone for putting on a fun ride! The C+ was just right for me this year. I somehow managed to forget to print half the roll chart, but thanks to my group I survived the ride.

Thanks to Murray for showing me how to patch a flat front tire, and thanks Mike and Dwayne for being good riding partners.

Bora20

Administrator
Hmmm, something was definitely missing. For section 13: "2.0 L on to 13k trail" found that. "3.6 L" - yep got that too. Followed the pest management flagging and at around 6.4 we popped out onto a FSR. The only clearcut was to the LEFT, but the instructions said "6.4 R into clearcut". We found some Pest Management flagging at the clearcut on the FSR, but no trail into the clearcut. We were very confused.

Nope, clearcut is on the right. Turn off the main road, through ditch, it's about 100' wide into the clear cut and turns into single track after about 100m.

Maybe you guys need a Sherpa to lead you around next year ;) Glad you made it back in time for dinner, even with 2 flats!

woofer2609

To all the organizers of this event... THANK YOU! I hope you have enough left over funds to have a bunch of dinners and beers paid for as you plan out the 9th Loose Screw.
3 of us rode the after lunch part of the "B" loop Sunday morning, and what a ride!!!! True to form, as advertised, it was chock-a-block single track (it was much easier running the course today as compared to Friday, amazing how easy it is to follow the tracks 100 riders make).
Anyway, highlight of the year was this ride. Thanks again!

Dorky

We searched the three options, found that you were supposed to turn left out of the trail as you hit the road, then right into the clearcut. I was interpreting the instructions as going straight at the time.....but hey.....like I said, we were having some issues.... :) Most of our troubles were earlier than that and we lost a good hour messing around, maybe (likely) longer - found some really really sweet trails though! I think we used up a lot of gas riding all the single track up there that wasn't part of the ride.

We made it all the way to Section 20 '8.2 L on road'. I think we overshot the road and turned on another trail which we'd already ridden. Once we realized this, it was time to bail. It was something like 8pm and my buddy only had two litres of gas, so we started heading south. Hit a dead end.....rode back.....down a trail to a main FSR.....one litre left......nearly made it out. We ditched the KTM, marked the GPS and kept going on my WR2 doubled up, which turned out to only be 12km to get to the end of the FSR, and then a bit more to Pritchard. Tracey came and got us in the truck and we went back up to retrieve the KTM.

I think we rode something like 260 or 270km by the end and got back to the camp for midnight. What a ride.... Can't wait for next year.

:eek:
Now that is adventure riding!

Dorky

Thanks everyone for putting on a fun ride! The C+ was just right for me this year. I somehow managed to forget to print half the roll chart, but thanks to my group I survived the ride.

Thanks to Murray for showing me how to patch a flat front tire, and thanks Mike and Dwayne for being good riding partners.
If it's the same Dwayne, I heard he was very impressive on the monster motorcycle. Well done.

Cultusking

We had great fun on the A on Saturday until the sun peaks goons stopped us from completing the run. Then a quick run this morning of the last 1/2 of the B route which we nailed! Great weekend guys thank you

deepakvyas

Wow I had an amazingly awesome time, for the second consecutive year. Thanks to the organizers, the people I met and the people I rode with. I'm so sorry I got us so lost.

deepakvyas

Thanks Eviljimbo. There's no way I could have got that F800GS through the mild hill climb. Also thanks Jim for taking Tracey back to camp when she was hurt. I hope she's okay.

ADVJenn

YES! Big thanks to Jim for helping to get my 800 out of the rut I got stuck in!

Thanks for leading us Deepak!

Also glad to hear Tracey is okay :)

ADVJenn

This was my first year but definitely not my last.

A big thanks to the organizers & my riding group (Tracey, Deepak, Mel & Jim)! I met a bunch of people who's names I don't remember, but you were all fantastic and I look forward to seeing you again!

Jenn

KelleeI

Thanks to the Kamloops team for another spectacular event and ride! The B route was amazing and looking forward to next year. PS. thanks for the new route up the large hill before lunch. Much better!