LSDS 2014 - 8th Annual Loose Screw Dual Sport Ride

kenf

Nope, clearcut is on the right. Turn off the main road, through ditch, it's about 100' wide into the clear cut and turns into single track after about 100m.

Maybe you guys need a Sherpa to lead you around next year ;) Glad you made it back in time for dinner, even with 2 flats!

Yeah, that bit messed us up too. We popped out onto the road just a bit early where it looks like a clearcut, but if you turned left and went another couple hundred meters, the clearcut was indeed on the right and the trail clearly marked. Not that we would have found it quickly either, had it not been for that being the exact spot we found our buddy on the DRZ riding the route in reverse (see the "need Vreg thread" :) He made a pretty handy turnpoint marker for us.

Fun times!

KF

Cultusking

That messed us up too, came out on the road (from 13 mile trail) and the directions were "clearcut" which were not as we needed to turn left and go down the road 300m and turn right into the clearcut to continue. We could see the ribbons on the trail behind us....so I guess just before the end of the trail we missed a left, then right turn. All good though we figured it out pretty quickly

DirtClunker

That messed us up too, came out on the road (from 13 mile trail) and the directions were "clearcut" which were not as we needed to turn left and go down the road 300m and turn right into the clearcut to continue. We could see the ribbons on the trail behind us....so I guess just before the end of the trail we missed a left, then right turn. All good though we figured it out pretty quickly

Next time I am in the area I will have to check it out. We spent a bunch of time *in the clear cut* chasing cow trails (is that a phrase y'all use in Canada?) trying to find the real trail. Due to my flats and other dorking around we did not get to this point until 6PM. Gas was low and I was tired of hunting around, so we bailed.

Randual

Thanks to all that have worked so hard to make this such a great event! We really had a good time and are already talking about next year! I just got back from vacation (and more riding) so I'll load up some photos on the other page soon!
"Thanks" again!
Rand