LSDS C+ Pre-ride Pics

cactusreid

you should either switch bikes or routes,your choice. remember we do NOT sweep the routes! what cho get into ,cho must also get out of or through, with your riding buddies. if you want a steak for dinner that is??
this is a fine time to re-state,that we don't want anyone to ride alone on any of the loops! it's more fun to travel with others,and a hell of a lot safer as well! Raise your hand at the riders meeting on sat am if you still have not found someone to ride with,we will appoint you some friends to hang with for the day.

04klr

unfortunately redneck sayings like "hold my beer, watch this!" are hard to apply to motorcycles. So for you rednecks that'r guuna go ride yur ye-haw klaar's up in the backwoods of the bee loop, I'm going to post a link to the yellow pages in Kamloops so you can whip out yer gold card and rent a helicopter to get them back outta there.
you all have fun now, y'hear.

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/1/Helicopter+Service/Kamloops+BC

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you thinking about roll charts, I highly recommend learning this fun part of these rides. Even if you are not leading, it is fun to keep track of where you are on the roll chart. I think that the work that goes into these roll chart rides should be utilized to the fullest and only use the GPS as a backup in case you're really lost or have an emergency. It is always fun when you get to a junction to argue with the rest of the group as to whether this is the turn or not.
You all know that KTM's, Suzuki's have resettable trip odometers that you can adjust up or down in tens of a km to adjust for deviations between what your bike says and what the roll chart reads. Sometimes you have to turn these features on in your speedometers.

cactusreid

On the ktm's (does anything else even matter?? Just kidding folks!) use the trip 2 function. You can add or subtract your acummulated (sp?) mileage on trip 2, to match where your at on the roll chart numbers.
But hawk is right,the roll charts can be a lot of fun to figure out as you go.

Gundy3

Can I ask that you do the C+ on Saturday and attempt the B on a different day. It isn't fair to the riders behind you if you are trying to wedge a KLR through the single track in front of them. Take your KLR on the B on Sunday.

The B has hours of tight woods singletrack and sand hills and steep uphills and downhills. You may have fun on a KLR but the people behind you won't. I'm all for you doing it on a KLR, just not on Saturday.

Yeah, that's about the input I was looking for. Certainly wasn't planning on doing the B route on the Saturday if anyone had serious doubts that a 650 could make quick work of it. Sounds like pile ups of big bikes were problems in previous years, just hoping the C+ will be a satisfying challenge!

tmurrayis

Can I ask that you do the C+ on Saturday and attempt the B on a different day. It isn't fair to the riders behind you if you are trying to wedge a KLR through the single track in front of them. Take your KLR on the B on Sunday.

The B has hours of tight woods singletrack and sand hills and steep uphills and downhills. You may have fun on a KLR but the people behind you won't. I'm all for you doing it on a KLR, just not on Saturday.

Let make this perfectly clear. I learned my lesson already on the B loop and said sand hill. I am going to do the C+ loop hence the reason I posted my comment in this thread. What I was trying to convey (very poorly as it turns out) is that I am hoping the C+ route does not have any sand hills like the one I encountered on the B loop two years ago.

Dorky

Let make this perfectly clear. I learned my lesson already on the B loop and said sand hill. I am going to do the C+ loop hence the reason I posted my comment in this thread. What I was trying to convey (very poorly as it turns out) is that I am hoping the C+ route does not have any sand hills like the one I encountered on the B loop two years ago.

:D It's all good. No sand hills on the C+

offworlder

Based on the C+ section breakdowns - is the first section of the most challenging ?
I may not have time to ride the whole loop on Sunday - but it looks too good to miss, and would love to hit (at least) the most fun/challenging section.

Thanks.