LSDS15 - Camping Rules

Bora20

Administrator
Now don't get us wrong, we love having 180+ of you all here we just want to set some ground rules before you come. We don't have many rules here, just a few important ones.

1) NO FIRES. PERIOD. Open fires are currently banned in our region. As well, we do not allow gas/propane fire pits in the camping area. If you have never been to Kamloops before, you will get why once you arrive at the LSDS site. It's dry, it's hot, the last thing you need it a fire to keep warm. That's why they make alcohol.

2) NO PIT RACING or SPEEDING. There is plenty of time to get out your pent up riding adrenaline. Once you leave the camping area and are over the train tracks, wheelie and rip to your heart's content. Over the tracks and in the camping area, keep it slow and quiet. The neighbors next to us have asked that we ride slow along the road. The road is private and we don't need anymore dust than there already is.

3) NO LOUD MUSIC. Quiet music is fine, loud music that carries up/down/across the river is not. Plus we all want to hear your bar-banging stories and tall tales from the day.

4) NO GUNS. I shouldn't have to say this, but 2 years ago someone brought a BB gun to the site and was shooting it off at cans. It then ricocheted off a can and hit one of the raffle girls in the calf. This girl happened to by my lady. You don't need a gun at LSDS. We are all friendly, hug it out.

5) USE THE TOILET MARKED WITH YOUR GENDER. We have 7 portable toilets onsite and mark one of them with LADIES ONLY. If you aren't a lady, don't use this one. The ladies really appreciate it and it helps to keep them happy. Happy means bikini tops...you do the math.

6) BIKE SERVICE ON A TARP. This is a rule from the owner of the property. If for some reason you failed to service your bike before you came, you will need to complete this service on a tarp or pit mat. He doesn't want to have oil spilled on his property and have to remove it in the future.

7) SMOKING. Be responsible with your cigarette or other smoking items. Smoke down by the river, use a can for your butts. Consider the field a no fire zone, with the exception of BBQs.

Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
No change. It is raining now. Full camping rules still in effect.

If you must smoke , we ask that you do it down by the river. With the drought, there is LOTS of beach to spread out on.

DirtClunker

Thanks for putting this on - lots of people, with lots of varying demands. It must get pretty effin crazy at times.

cactusreid

as Bora said it's still very dangerous and dry at this time of year in kamloops! even after 12 hours of rain! The camping area is donated to us every year by the Strauss herb company family So please everyone do your very best to help us give this wonderful donation the respect it deserves. keep it clean, no oil changes on site, maintenance on your bike that should have been done before you got here must be done on a tarp and if you need tires flipped at the last minute, i work for beers and compliments.

That being said, this could turn out to be the best riding conditions that we have had in years! It almost never rains a drop in august in Kamloops. Come one, Come all, children of all ages, and enjoy what the loosescrew crew has served up for your enjoyment!
we really do hope that you have a very fun weekend with everyone!
and as a side note, all the people involved in this are volunteers, so a smile ,a thank you, or if you really feel in the mood- a pat on the back goes a long way towards making and helping this event continue on for as long as we can keep it together at this end, welcome friends and riders, enjoy.

David_Moen

Things are looking awesome for the weekend, can't wait! I set up my trailer out there this evening so Friday is less work, more play!

ADVJenn

Can I add a request for next year to have no smoking in the toilets? As a non-smoker with a tobacco allergy it's an awful experience to go in while the smoke lingers...

04klr

smoking in the can??!! just's just plain crazy, there's strange gasses in there. click puff boom! natural gas smells like farts for a reason.

kenf

Can I add a request for next year to have no smoking in the toilets? As a non-smoker with a tobacco allergy it's an awful experience to go in while the smoke lingers...

By the second or third day, it's a pretty awful experience to go into those porta-potties whether there was smoke in there or not...

offworlder

What an incredibly callous and inconsiderate thing to do - especially considering the conditions !
(pathetic but apparently necessary) I'm all for signage that clearly states "NO SMOKING !" And will happily bring it along for next year.

Bora20

Administrator
As most of you know, as can been seen by most forest fires, smokers are a hard bunch to control. We have asked that people smoke down by the river or carry a can with them.

We we have also created a "ladies only" porta-potty, so the smoker in the can is either a lady or a man who couldnt read the sign in the toilet. or they needed to cover the smell of what was coming out of them. We do what we can, but I am not going to police the toilets.

i for one would have liked to see the explosion from that though.

Bora20

Administrator
By the second or third day, it's a pretty awful experience to go into those porta-potties whether there was smoke in there or not...

i did buy a can of spray for each toilet. It also helps to leave the lid down, and lock the door latch when you leave so the door is open a crack and there gets to be a bit more airflow.

Phoenix

I was worried about noise over 96Db, I found the eating of raw celery and granola bars to seriously impair my ability to enjoy the sound of thundering rail transport of Chinese goods.

ADVJenn

@ Bora20 - I saw that! Thanks for that :)

Next year if the no smoking signs don't work I'll leave the door open a crack to air out.