Mac users and pic posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airride

Good day
Was wondering if any Mac users have had issues posting pics from the gallery to a post.
I am using a MacBookAir and I am able to select pics from the galley and paste them in the thread
but when I go to post or preview all I get is the ? in a box.
unknown.jpg

I have had no issues when I switch to my Aser with Windows XP and post the same pics.

All of the pics are being uploaded with the MacBookAir

What I am wondering is if there is some obscure setting that needs to be selected with the Mac
program.

Any ideas are appreciated as the XP is not being supported any longer by Microsoft and I
would like to continue posting in dualsportbc.
Tim

offworlder

I dont post pics to the site/gallery, but instead reference pics posted elsewhere; Flickr, iClown, etc…
Using the existing photo sites allows for larger storage capacity, and saves bandwidth for more DSBC banter !

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Although you can post your pictures anywhere on the great wide web, if you are just wanting to include your photos in a thread it is pretty easy to upload to the photogallery here on dsbc. When we go through the pictures for presentation at the MC show or other places to show off BC we only use the photos from the DSBC photogallery. Its not that we dont like the other photo sites or your photos, it is just so much easier to search for photos from the DSBC photogallery.

As far as mac users I am guessing you are using Safari as your browser? can you use another browser like Chrome? I use Google Chrome on my old XP machine and it works every time very easy and fast

T

Airride

Although you can post your pictures anywhere on the great wide web, if you are just wanting to include your photos in a thread it is pretty easy to upload to the photogallery here on dsbc. When we go through the pictures for presentation at the MC show or other places to show off BC we only use the photos from the DSBC photogallery. Its not that we dont like the other photo sites or your photos, it is just so much easier to search for photos from the DSBC photogallery.

As far as mac users I am guessing you are using Safari as your browser? can you use another browser like Chrome? I use Google Chrome on my old XP machine and it works every time very easy and fast

T

Tom
Yes I am using Safari so will experiment with another browser and let you know. I agree with the gallery and don,t plan on storing millions of pics on it but just the
ones used in posts.
I can,t be the only Mac user on this forum can I ??
Thanks for the suggestion.

Randual

Just going to add a photo with my Mac-Book Pro
and see where the difficulty is...??
IMG_0694.JPG

With a window open in the thread and another open on the photo gallery enlarge the photo you want to insert in the post and drag over to the thread page! Voila!
(it worked this time!) I don't post too many pics and have to relearn each time...Airride pm me if you are still having a problem and I'll see if I can assist!
R

Airride

Just going to add a photo with my Mac-Book Pro
and see where the difficulty is...??
IMG_0694.JPG

With a window open in the thread and another open on the photo gallery enlarge the photo you want to insert in the post and drag over to the thread page! Voila!
(it worked this time!) I don't post too many pics and have to relearn each time...Airride pm me if you are still having a problem and I'll see if I can assist!
R

Another attempt. Using Safari. Opened another tab and then selected a pic from the gallery. Opened the pic in another window and then dragged the pic to this thread and dropped it. The pic appears in the preview which it
has done before but will post and see if it works
Stand by

IMG_0013.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.