May 28 - LSDS A/B route clean up

Bora20

Administrator
We will be meeting at the Salt Shack at 10am on Sunday May 28 to ride portions of the LSDS A/B route. It needs to be cleaned up and we need to see how much the trail has been beaten by the rain. Should be an easier ride.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
WTF i was not thinking or more appropriately i was thinking too much, thought it was a 11am start. I will probably go to roche lake and check a few of the easier routes around the lake today for the C+ route

Bora20

Administrator
It was 11 to check the C+ with the other group. Creeks are high and over the knee in a few spot. It was rather sporting :)

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
rode from my place to roche lake, lots of trees down but I managed to make it through after several hours, Need two guys for about half day with the chainsaw and all will be goodrode from roche lake to barnhartvale, pretty muddy and rutted with a very sporting water crossing, dont know if that will be fixed by the time the ride is on. water will be down but a pretty steep exit.Then rode from dallas to the salt sheds but no one there, then on to Tumbleweeds..........empty McCracken's only 3 trucks in the parking lot. might as well go home and drink the cheap beer so up and over rose hilldamm good day of riding Tom

cactusreid

Bora and I had a good day checking out the afternoon of the A from six mile to Pritchard. Yes Dan is right, the creeks were knee deep in places, but after the first boots full crossing, all the rest are just a " YAWN, another one of these" A route is in very good shape overall. A few new blow downs, but we made it through, and the A riders will as well. we left the froggy swamp under Martin Mountain for another day, when it has had a chance to dry out a bit.

Dorky

The other group ended up leaving early to ride to Tuk mountain (Tuktakamin) above Pinaus Lake as part of the C+. Didn't make the summit due to snow but it was pretty nice up there. The view will be fantastic.

twisted-hog

You guys playing this weekend? There is a possibility I may come up your way to play. I would be on a un-plated but registered bike with a newbie B rider on it ;)