Moab - Sept 27 - Oct 7, 2007. Let's do it again!

Taxguy

We had such a good time last year, we need to do it again.

We are planning a trip to Moab, Utah leaving Vancouver Island on or aboutSept 27and returning October 7. It is about a two day drive each way allowing a goodsix days of riding. We rode 6 days last year and just scratched the surface of all the trails that are available.

I will bring my truck and trailer. My 14 year old son will be along so we will be riding off-road only bikes but it is a great area for dual sports as well.

I have room for one more bike in my truck. Others could tent it if they want as the weather should still be warm.

Post up if you are interested.

H

halo

imported post

imported post

oooo...i could be into this. you got room for one more bike and a person? or just one more bike? and around how much $$$ would one need to spend on a trip like this. oh, and what kind of bikes are you guys taking down?

grant.

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

Hi Grant,

We will be riding DRZ400s.

We pool all of the costs and last year it ended up being about C$600 each. We camp on the BLM lands where it is only $10 per night.

H

halo

imported post

imported post

I have two bikes to choose from, my goat trail bike(ktm mxc300), or my dualsport(klr650). Oh and if I commit to this...will I have to drive my own vehicle down?

Grant.

G

imported post

imported post

If I can save enough tax money, I would like to go. :hb:

keahapana

imported post

imported post

I live in bellingham an am definately interested in going to moab. I go every year mountain biking. Would probably do both while there.

Keep me informed.

Thanks

Randy

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

keahapana wrote:
I live in bellingham an am definately interested in going to moab. I go every year mountain biking. Would probably do both while there.

Keep me informed.

Thanks

Randy
Hi Randy,

I am getting together with Halo next weekend to discuss plans, I will let you know what is happening.

Cheers,

Loren

K

KLRPilot

imported post

imported post

Loren--

Keep me posted, too.

I'm in the Bellingham/Ferndale area, and did Moab several years ago.

Awesome riding! Would like to do it again.

Have a small PU, and could use my utility trailer to tow another KLR650 (or similar). Or would just ride the KLR...

H

halo

imported post

imported post

Oh good. Someone else is bringing a KLR.

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

Here are a couple more pics of last year's trip, our camping spot and the canyon below Gemini Bridges.

We will likely camp in the same spot, it was an awesome spot with great views!

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

I have just returned from vacation and am now busy planning the details for this trip. PMs have been sent to all interested (it looks like we have 5 people so far).

Let me know if you are interested in joining us, just over 5 weeks until we leave:hb:

keahapana

imported post

imported post

any movement on the trip to moab??? I may be going down around that time from bellingham. I have a few friends that will be down there around that time mtn biking/moto.

keahapana

imported post

imported post

Will you still bring your son> I have a 9 yr old but he is in school. Would be a great road trip though. hmmmm

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

We are still going, looks like just my son and me.

I have sent you a PM with contact info.

G

imported post

imported post

Taxguy wrote:

Sorry I cannot make it, as this looks like it would be an epic trip.....sigh....:(

H

halo

imported post

imported post

Taxguy wrote:

What about me?