new to Kamloops, looking for riders

jbv

howdy eh. moved here in the spring from the Comox Valley. looking for occasional riding partners for local dual sport rides to the usual areas. the bike: 2011 Husaberg 390 plated. the rider: 48, reasonably fit, avid mtn biker who started riding a motorbike 2 yrs ago. rode with some very good riders on the Island, lots of technical difficult (wet, rooty rocky and slippery) terrain. looking forward to mellower rides and if i never have to deadlift the Berg off of wet slippery mountainsides 4 or 5 times per ride, i would not mind at all. the lanky old back is looking forward to less drama and less trauma. i don't ride terribly fast and i'm not comfortable on long highway stretches (though i have balanced my wheels) but i will ride highway to get to the local riding areas. i'd be happy to join an individual or small group for some local ride. cheers, James

woofer2609

howdy eh. moved here in the spring from the Comox Valley. looking for occasional riding partners for local dual sport rides to the usual areas. the bike: 2011 Husaberg 390 plated. the rider: 48, reasonably fit, avid mtn biker who started riding a motorbike 2 yrs ago. rode with some very good riders on the Island, lots of technical difficult (wet, rooty rocky and slippery) terrain. looking forward to mellower rides and if i never have to deadlift the Berg off of wet slippery mountainsides 4 or 5 times per ride, i would not mind at all. the lanky old back is looking forward to less drama and less trauma. i don't ride terribly fast and i'm not comfortable on long highway stretches (though i have balanced my wheels) but i will ride highway to get to the local riding areas. i'd be happy to join an individual or small group for some local ride. cheers, James

I don't think you could land in a better place for riding or guys to ride with. I'm sure they'll chime in shortly. Are you going to the Loose Screw in August? Great place to meet people.

jbv

yeah that looks to be the case. i've been told many times (and it's pretty obvious when you look around) that this is dirt bike/dual sport central in BC, maybe all of Canada. and i think there are more options here for different level riders. on the Island there are roads and trails and the trails are tight and technical right away. sure there are still different levels but not a lot. i really enjoyed some of that stuff but the risk factor gets serious real fast and i'm looking for the happy medium. i saw the Loose Screw ad and i'm thinking about it.

filterx

I'll be at Duffy from Wednesday to Sunday for the Canada Day weekend. I'm on a non-dual sport bike but if you want to come up and ride, I'm in the white van with a CRF250R camping near the lake. If you want to ride later on Wed or Thurs and I'll ride some easy stuff with you.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested

Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
Make sure you join the Loose Screw and you will meet a bunch of us. Some of us are headed out this weekend and won't be around.

Dorky

We can be hard to find, but we know where the trails are...

Come out and ride the C+ (and maybe the B also?) at the Loose Screw. You'll meet a bunch of locals and you'll get an idea of what you may like to ride around here.

:)

Flyman

I to moved up from the Island.
New to the area about 2 years now and live about 5 minutes out of Cache Creek now.
If you're ever out this way let me know.
We have explored and found many great places around Clinton, Ashcroft, Savona, and just nearby to CC.
80% of the time it is just my adult daughter riding with me.
I do ride occasionally with some more local people.

TW_rider

Flyman said:
We have explored and found many great places around Clinton, Ashcroft, Savona, and just nearby to CC.
80% of the time it is just my adult daughter riding with me.
I do ride occasionally with some more local people.

If the gate is open...take the old road by the "Fossil Guy's" place (about 10 mins out of town heading towards Savona). It is an ugly bit of single track in places, but it takes you to the top of a nice hill that overlooks the area.
Don't go there this time of year, though...the place is crawling with hunters and they'll get p*ssed if you ride around scaring the deer.

Come to think of it...there's a LOT of nice riding to be had along the BackValley and BattleCreek roads....lots of nice daytrips and loops.

PM me with your e-mail address if you want some tracks in that area....but chances are you've found many of them already!

Last edited: